Tree of Savior Forum

Solved: Inquisitor's malleus skill inquiry

I’m quite bothered by this…incident regarding the malleus skill effect, which can reduce int/spr by 50%

The fact that lv280+ monsters are resilient to magic attack makes me wonder if this is the intended effect of the skill…or a bug of some sort.

From the r8 preview https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=573&vp=3

“The “Inquisition” skill will make the user player temporarily receive additional damage equal to the caster’s magic damage, and will cast a Lv. 3 debuff that reduces the INT and SPR stats as well."

I dunno why its not in malleus description, but the debuff makes enemies take extra damage from all attacks equal to their matk.

Based on the game’s skill description.

http://imgur.com/aAMe16m

So its currently some sort of a hidden effect that somehow IMC forgot to put in the skill description in the game but they manage to put it in the news then.

It’s a bit strange that this was actually in a ktos patch in september…
http://pastebin.com/AZhViKFx

[Inquisitor]
► Malleus Maleficarum
○ Tooltip Corrections: INT/SPR are reduced by half. magical attack skills SP consumption is doubled. Additional Damage is added based on the targets Magic Attack.

Could you tell me while we are at it if it adds to Sacrament? and if it adds so much to that too? X) I’m still struggling what to choose for my chaplain and I still want stuff that would strengthen my autos actually…so maybe this is the best option I could have I just skipped it somehow…X)

I did the test using a pardoner’s lv10 sacrament buff.

Yeah, it works.

Alright here’s the video of the test

Now, I can’t say if this will work with that…asperlium spell for chaplain

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

it does work with aspergillum & last rites, and im pretty sure if works with enchant fire & cafrisun set bonus aswell

1 Like

That would be interesting.

Just to find a chaplain, enchanter and a pyro to test for myself.

yeah im a chaplain -inqui, it really funny to see my autoattack (with asper,sacra, lastrites) + maleficus decimated enemy faster than mage next door

I don’t mind more tests but actually for me it is quite clear that it is a damage type that adds to every hit just like Blessing, Elemental damage or those damages like vs Leather/Plant/etc.

I already assumed that when I saw that Zaibas… and Sacrament confirmed it. X)

I’m just not sure how reliable it is…but because matk comes from lvl too everything should have some matk even if not that much…so I think it should be quite reliable.

I have seen malleus + DoT skill penetrate damage immunity on PvP vids. Specifically malleus -> plague doctor DoT vs Mackangdal user.

Malleus debuff should apply bonus damage to every true hit on the target.

Do not trust skill description in this game :sweat:

Yes it appears to do so when I made an extremely simple test after the servers went live for R8.
(using Lv1 MM, increased levels only appear to increase skill damage on impact and duration of debuff)

Also, mobs that get hit by 1 damage from Cure (Lv10/11) gets 1000+ damage after MM debuff.

Damage seen above accounts +500 from Blessing.

2 Likes

Grey clarify this for me. In the in-game (iToS) tooltip, it says the bonus damage is based on the monster’s own magic attack.

In that screenie it’s based on the player’s magic attack.

Which one is it? :slight_smile: Or just misleading phrasing?

Also, when mobs/bosses get their SPR decreased, does it also directly cause a decrease in their MDEF?

1 Like

Yes, is ToS skill description phrasing :joy:
Is [Debuffed target magic attack]. The damage should bypass defence.
First post, target is Nuttabug.
Damage from 1 -> ~1000

Should decrease MDef too.

1 Like

The effect is so good that it benefits everyone, yet almost every single Inquisitor I’ve encountered (partied with when I’m on my non Clerics) did not invest a single point in it. :sweat:

It is the [magic] part of the skill. Most inquis are Physical builds so they take malleus last or level 0.

Malleus 1 point is already sufficient, it is really nice vs rank 8 high MDeF & high Matk mobs. It has no %enhance attribute though. Malleus higher level will just add debuff duration. Malleus + multi hit skills/DoT on enemies is nice.

Actually I would recommend malleus 1 to start inquis, then max your preferred skills.

Malleus very good at PvP too, homing effect. Spectator effect :joy:

4 Likes

Yes the effect is really good even my fletcher friends love it a lot. It increases my friend’s PD dot skills from 1 damage to 1800 per tick on high mdef monsters too.

Guess that I’m one of the few who took Malleus at a full 5 points, since I’m an INT based inquisitor (spellcaster variant) as opposed to str.

Skill distribution as below:

Malleus 5
Breaking wheel 5
Pears of Anguish 4
Godsmash 1

At lv5, with around 1800-1900 magic attk, Mallus deals around 10-11k per hit. Too bad it doesn’t have any dmg% attribute if not it will be perfect. :3

1 Like

Inquis2 will get more physical skills only, probably, sadly. But they are all anti-magic, plus you will get a nice buff named Lead Sprayer.

You are DievKabbaquisitor right?

Thing is, as greyhiem basically mentioned, it’s very good for any build (even at Lv1, just having that debuff applied is enough, the damage on impact it deals is just a bonus).

I took mine to 5 MM, 4 BW, 1 PoA, GS 5 (eventually, haven’t decided to card yet) and I’m an SPR Chaplain and it helps me destroy the new monsters [arguably] better than most characters stepping into R8 territories.

BTW, I have 0 invested INT and I deal the same damage per hit as your MM (thanks to Blessing adding 500+ per hit).

Shouldn’t this be a plus side? For a 1 point wonder, this makes the skill never MISS right? That’s a good thing, am I wrong?