Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

Hello, @Wurmheart

First, I would like to acknowledge your great thread - I’ve read it for it’s entirety and found it not only good, but you, personally, very dedicated and willing.

Now, I’m posting my doubt here because I haven’t seen it here, specifically.
I’m trying to make a Full Support + Full CON character, with the base:
Cleric2>Krivis3>

I’m having trouble deciding the later Ranks. The possible classes for that are Priest2, Miko, and even Taoist (I’m reluctant about Taoist, as this class seems to be more offensive-oriented than supportive).

So, what’s your opinion on that? Is there classes that I’m neglecting, like Druid, Oracle or Plague Doctor?

Thank you very much.

Not quite sure, I still don’t know how melstis now performs with potions.
I know you can’t using them while channeling melstis, but not if it still extends said potion duration.

I’d say you definitely want priest1 for the res ofc.

Miko is mostly for the dmg one way or another atm. And you can’t use kagura dance + melstis anyway. Don’t go near it as a non int kriv3 imo.

Taoist isn’t so bad as dark sight is a huge benefit for et, and helps keep channeling up.

Priest2’s revive is alright, and makes you more self reliant. But it’s kind of pointless when you team up with a diev3.

Druid doesn’t offer to0 much aside of safety zone spam merog + sterea trofhs. It’s nice but this kriv3 is designed to build around extending invulns to begin with. Wouldn’t recommend it.

Oracle is alright though, counterspell is quite good defensively at least.

And pd’s healing factor is also very good.

Might as well go kriv3/tao and part int, won’t hinder your melstis and gives you more roles when melstis isn’t needed.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all theses tips, it will be help me a lot, thanks ^^

SSsssstt, Try Krivis 3 > Diev 3
You have Ausurine + Melstis :wink:
(TOP SECRET)

1 Like

I will confirm it, I realized I never posted this image:

Also

1 Like

As a bit of a warning/update:

• Malleus Mallificarum’s debuffs adds dmg based on a enemies magic attack for any hits it takes while debuffed. Not just the initial hit. (see relevant thread. Credit goes to @Huerin )

And since its skill level scales duration it may very well be worth maxing on a monk/inquisitor build.

I’d say a palaquisitor doesn’t benefit too much from it, but they might want to know how it works.

And should definitely be worth maxing for a PvE int build or chaplain.
And I think it should be enough to validate a chap/miko build.

2 Likes

Anyone has the consensus between dex or int diev3 druid3 builds? New to the cleric class here! Could anyone give a summary on comparison between the dex and int builds? Thank you.

Hi @Wurmheart - I really appreciate the guide! I was browsing builds for chaplains and came across one that seemed feasible in theory and looked like it could hold its own vs. a DEX build, but honestly I have no idea if this is the case.

The build is this: C2 > Pr3 > Chap1 > Kabba or PD1> Inqui1

The reccomendation is to dump nearly all into SPR and some in CON, with the realization that SPR adds to the Blessing buff and many other Priest spells.

Can, and does, this hold true to late game? Can this build work? What if I used this build but substituted DEX instead of SPR how would that shine?

Anyway, I appreciate the help!

I wouldn’t put it as an equal to a dex based inquisitor, 3/4 inquisitor skills can crit and their less buff dependent nature makes them at least viable for post miko pvp.

A chaplain/inquisitor should be decent enough, but due to miko it will be a pve only build.

And I’d say it needs Miko as well, considering it vastly outperforms both pd1 & kabba dmg wise and has good utility to boot.

Statwise, hell no.
Mag defense of r8 is incredibly high, you need to be part int at least to avoid getting your dmg neutered. (blessing doesn’t even add dmg if you can’t punch past defenses either.)
And in terms of spr scaling only stone skin/capella is worth it nowadays, though I’m not sure what the ideal spr to int ratio is.

Dex serves no purpose for a chaplain, though it does somewhat benefit miko (kagura dance) and Inquisitor. Might not be to bad, but I’m quite sure it’s rubbish tier.

so, if we compare the situations:

If you go INT, you’ll have around 642+x INT at max level (330) and 100 CON.
That’s 642 additional damage for every magic attack you do (good for multihit or %-scaling, not so good for normal skills). Blessing gets boosted by around 150-200 dmg.

Downsides are:

• low SP regeneration
  • still dependent on weapon and upgrades to deal dmg on enemies with over 1k mdef
  • no real profit in your build since it includes ± no multihit skill except Exorcise, ME and Cure

If you put the points into SPR instead (and drop your bonus points into INT) you get around 330 SPR, 85+ INT and 100 CON.

That’s 66 mdef, 330 additional SP regeneration and around 350 additional damage with Blessing per hit.

Downsides are:

• low damage early ingame with magic attacks (cause SPR scales badly in contrast to INT), so you rely only on auto attacks to kill
  • nearly no damage later on because of no viable multihit magic skills that could profit from Blessing damage boost
  • needs higher weapon upgrades to deal the same base damage as INT build

You could try mixing both stats for around 300 INT and 200 SPR at max level, however, with your build it doesn’t really profit from going, SPR, INT or SPR/INT, so it’s hard to say in theory crafting to say how well it will fair if you don’t take equipment into consideration. I’ll try writing in more detail later on, as I’ve got to go to University now.

There’s no “Cleric General thread” so I’m going to post and ask here.

I currently have a second cleric, lvl 75 Krivis that I’m planning to get circle 3 on. My plan was to go Cleric2 > Krivis3 > Druid2 > Taoist1 OR Cleric2 > Krivis3 > Priest > PD > Taoist. Right now my stat is full INT.

My question is, should I bother going INT dps build (Druid>Taoist)? What about the MATK problem that plagues elememe so much in lategame content? (I assume that’s gonna be a problem for INT/dps clerics as well?)

Or does anyone have a good Krivis alternative?

Thanks~

You could just start your own thread so that it would be easier for people who have the similar question to find answers using the search function :stuck_out_tongue:

You also need to make up for it by getting very high magic attack. Another alternative for Krivis3 would be to take Druid 3, which has less of the magic defense problem since they double magic attack and they can use physical attacks through Lycanthropy.

However, when your magic attack is a lot higher than the enemy’s, Taoist’s Zaibas would be a lot stronger than a Druid3’s

Not sure if i have messed up my build but i went Cleric C1 > Priest C2 > Pally C2

My Plans are to go one of the three following builds
Cleric C2 > Priest C2 > Pally C3 > Inq C1
Cleric C1 > Priest C3 > Pally C3 > Inq C1
Cleric C1 > Priest C2 > Pally C3 > PD C1 > Inq C1

Not sure how much i will be gimping myself for PvE content by not taking PD at my 7th circle or on the other hand how much i may struggle to heal with Priest C2 Cleric C1 Plague doctor C1. I do have elemental resist as a pally and the priest heal is % based which scales better than cleric heals though the loss of tiles are my main concern.

Do i have options here or is Cleric C2 > Priest C1 > Pally C3 > PD C1 > Inq C1 the only viable path?

PD isn’t required for that build to work. Best out of those 3 is the one with Cleric 2.

Would you say that going PD over C2 Cleric would remove my chances of doing high level group content? I am interested in PD’s ability to solo with healing factor.

Yes I would. Your heals are just going to be too weak

Hi everyone! Just wanted to use this as a venue to ask a question that has been bugging me for quite a while now. So I’m currently building towards a C2>P1>Pal3>M1>Inq build (about to progress to Rank 6 now), and have 5* red-gemmed Five Hammer (all 5 slots), and a gemmed Arde Dagger.

Happy with the build so far, but I’ve also gotten really curious about Int-based Chaplains, especially the ones featured here (i.e. C2>P3>Chap>PD2 and C2>P3>Chap>Miko>Inq). Now before I spend on tokens to transfer my stuff into a new toon, I hope you can indulge me with some thoughts on the following questions:

1. At R8, will any of these Int Chaplains do better than the Pally>Monk>Inq in terms of DPS in end-game content?

2. At this point, is it worth the trouble creating a new toon (and using token for item transfer) to try out an Int Chaplain, or would you rather recommend I continue on with my Pally-Inq? (I’m really gunning for one that would help me experience R8 content most).

Thanks a bunch!

Probably not. If they can, then it’d probably be the PD version after the mdef nerf, but just because PDs are pretty strong on their own

The Chap-Miko-Inq will help you experience R8 content more than the Pal-Monk-Inq, not as a DPS – but as a melee-support / kriv-diev backup

Sounds like I’m better off focusing on my Pal-Inq then. Btw, the Chap-Miko-Inq is Int-based (just making sure you got the right idea since you mentioned melee-support).

By “melee-support” I meant support for melee. As in laying your Breaking Wheel down and then Kagura Dancing to multiply your melee allies’ damage