Tree of Savior Forum

[Official] Sage thread

Hey there,

Since this class has just been released now, let’s make an official thread with pros/cons, tips about it’s skills/attributes/sinergy and this stuff.
Let’s begin with a quick definition on each skill and it’s attribute - I’ll leave my opinion here aswell and some PvE&PvP results.

Portal

Allows you to save a warp point (if you have played RO - is like warp portal) and teleport there when you please, you can save up a maximum of 3 warps, but taking attributes will make you available to increase it’s maximum slots (6 maximum slots), I still don’t know how many people can use it but they have to be in the same party, so probably the max people warped is 5. Level 1 cooldown is 30 mins, but you can warp to any other place you have saved aswell without cooldown, it means that skill itselfs doesn’t have cooldown but warping to desired place has. Leveling this up allows you to decrease cooldown. IMO 1 point is enough + each attribute cost like 750k.

Ultimate Dimension

This skills is an AoE one which deals some damage and that’s all, just one use and wait for around 50 secs - no overheat - you need it’s attribute which costs 2 millions to make other AoE skills 10% bigger, which actually isn’t really noticeable. I don’t know if this skill scales with int or is pure base damage, if it’s the second one it’s pretty much RIP, and IMO you shouldn’t take the attribute unless you don’t have anything else to spend 2M. I may be wrong, but I guess I won’t.

Micro Dimension

Pretty much like the other one respect it’s damage, as ultimate dimension, I don’t know how it scales but isn’t dealing really high damage, 3 uses and 40 secs cooldown. Pretty nice it’s attribute which duplicates others skills likes fireball, icewall, bats*, carves (owl) and some others - 2 millions again.

*Bats duplicated follows you, and looks like they deal damage, but actually they don’t, they are pretty annoying tho.

As far as I knew, they only duplicate level 1 skills, in example; you cast a level 15 fireball and using this skill will make another one but level 1. Okey, I’ve tested some things in PvP and will be editing for new tests:

1. Owl carves, main owl dealt 3’6k damage and the duplicated one dealt exactly the same, don’t know if it’s damage is like bats, damage appear in screen but actually they don’t do anything.

2. My fireball tick deals 900 dmg and my duplicated fireball tick deals 900 damage, also they remain the same time, so at this point I don’t know if it’s the skill which is bugged or actually is replicating the same level 15 fireball.

3. Zombies, skellies and salamion can’t be duplicated.

Blink

This skill is exactly the same as psychokino’s teleport, with the difference that remains a shadow which takes monsters aggro. Leveling it up gives a further teleport distance and shadow remains more time in the spot - I’m not sure about increasing distance since I haven’t leveled it yet ( kino here with tp lvl 10 I don’t feel the necessity for this, but since I feel that’s pretty useless maxing the other ones I guess I’ll end up leveling at least 1-2 points).

Missile Hole

IMO this is the main reason to go for sage. This skill prevents you and your party (pets included) to take ranged or magic missile damage, leveling it up increases it’s duration and prevented attacks - it’s cd is about 30 secs and level 5 remains for 100 secs or 16 attacks.

As micro dimension, I think that having the most knowledge as possible of this skill is the best you can do, so I’m still testing, but my ideas are:

1. Fletcher and wugus steal deals 1 damage, but bleed and poison still deals the damage it’s supposed to deal. Actually this skill is pretty much a RIP for those oneshotinginvisiblearchers that every single wizard must hate.

2. Still being deleted by inquisitor birdies - even if they look like a rangel missile, they’re classified as melee attack - (for kinos - you can use magnetic force to them, jackpot if you catch someone aswell, but it isn’t like mob that remains “bugged” and doesn’t attack, so the best thing you can do is sleeping and using gravity pole or some other skill to delete those birdes asap)

3. Shield prevent damage from energy bolt and magic missile (missile still spreads as normal) - but can’t prevent bokor’s hexing + effigy, I don’t know tho, if getting hit by hexing and use blink, if it’s state remains on you or is the copy which has it, still have to test but probably this curse will remain in you.

4. Probably is a bug, but refreshing the skill doesn’t refresh hit count, that means that if your missile hole is level 15 and got hit 14 times, even if you refresh it, after 2 auto attacks more it will disappear.

Purpose of this thread is sharing information - to share is to live - if you have any tip, something you have leveled up and you wouldn’t do it again just tell us what and why. I’ll keep doing my own tests and editing this OP for you guys, with your help we can create a really good thread which can be extended for 2 more circles yet ^^

2 Likes

4m… attributes… urghh… who’s the genius behind this I really wanna choke the life out of him/her.

Inquisitor Pears are physical/melee, so Missile Hole is useless against them. (same as Dethrone, despite being a long ranged attack).

As for your points, Portal only needs 1 point, as well as Blink (if you decide to take it later, gives some breath time in PvE).
I heard Micro’s level determine the amount of duplicates you can make, or something like that.
If it is not the case, just dump the points anywhere between Mirco and Ultimate.

any one know if missile portal links to another skill? i.e throws projectiles back at enemies?

Tested with some people a few things:

1. Duplicating bats do nothing since the second the original dies the other ones die too. and they always die first…
  2. cannot Duplicate zombies.

Only thing useful is fireball and owl statues :0

Isn’t the duplicated fireballs lv1 as well? That means 1hit before it disappears… Lol

@Satoru IIRC and if my memory doesn’t betray me, I think that Missile hole prevents birdies in kToS. Actually if this shield doesn’t work against birdie, typical cleric PvP cookie cutter build being diev 3 - oracle - kabba - inquisitor would be pretty much invincible.
About this blink, I’m not sure what leveling it up does yet, any info about it? I only know that attribute keeps the shadow some more secs.

OP updated, @Aes-Sidhe I’ll add this info about zombies, I have tried it with skeletons and Salamion and same result. Thanks for that ^^

@hazerddex definitely it isn’t reflectin spells, what I haven’t notice if it’s magic missile spreads the other missiles as soon as the first one reaches you, I’ll take a look into that in the following TBL.

Thank you for testing and sharing itos sage.
Birds of despair has never been blockae by missile hole. Only blocked by very verh first sage release with the broken immunity missile hole.

Diev3 oracle kabba inquis is a top ltos pvp cleric build too, actually inquis is very popular pvp build due to malleus homing and bird homing. Easy to zone with bird and r7f too.

Well, it is the strongest PvP build on KR (at the very least, strongest for Clerics).
Haven’t seen any video of Missile Hole blocking the pears, but I think a flying FF can dodge it, since the skill is classified/coded as melee.

Increases the duration of the shadow, 2 seconds per level.

@greyhiem Oh thanks for clarifying that, I knew it was blocked but didn’t know they removed it’s effect, so looks like cleric doesn’t have a real counter while they can kill almost everything without much effort. Now magnetic force attracts them even if they are using fade, which makes me thinking if fade is bugged now or it was before, or if that magnetic force fix is about that. But in the end this isn’t a cleric or kino thread so I’ll have to test it by my own I guess – All I can say right now is that charging sleep doesn’t activate them, but as soon as you use it they will fly right to you, my only success attempt to kill birdies is sleeping them after using magnetic force and using some skill like gravity pole or fire pillar, micro dimension nor ultimate dimension kills them.

@Satoru so max level blink + max level attribute is about 15 secs for shadow’s duration more or less? Updating OP as soon as I get this info.
And if birdies are melee, maybe using hellbreath can spoil them since it gives melee immunity and being a skill should make them fly towards you.

Hi! can someone tell me in wich map is the sage master? Thanks!!

Once you get class 15, you will get a free warp by selecting sage

Yes, in fact Im already Sage but I leave the map without paying attention to the map name and now I want to buy the attributes but I can’t find it back :confused:

There we go Knidos Jungle ~

Thanks, you are the best!! :trophy:

does it work with ice wall? or time stop?
if not i might have to remake my build :\

It only work with object spell (Not circle) soo fireball for exemple
Stop is probably a magic circle (I’m not even sure but a miko could probably test it)
It work with icewall but it will only make 2 piece of wall

It also work with mekaba/dirtypole(You can copy the copy)/pear of anguish/breaking wheel and other thing

TAKE NOTE THE COPY WON’T HAVE THEIR ATTRIBUT(except your own if you have the attribut)
Copy Dirty Pool Won’t have their shard shooting of C3 Necro for exemple.

Sage by itself isn’t really a dps class
Linker and ultimate dimension can deal some damage but otherwise don’t expect much.
Duplicate can be usefull in somebuild and is pretty funny how much fireball you can have with Pyro3>Chrono3>Sage (Waiting for agni to get out …)

so should i keep my Wiz 1 Cryo 1 Kino 3 Crono 2 sage 1 build?

or switch to Wiz 1 Pyro 1 Kino 3 Crono 2 sage 1

Seem wierd to not take Chrono 3 for pass (Kinda … Really strong, otherwise you should think of changing chrono for something else if you whant a kino cryo/pyro build

Having haste 5 don’t worth 2 rank è-è

But otherwise, I don’t know much about kino soo i can’t really say much about buld about them (Just saying skipping chrono 3 for R7 isn’t really worth it)

well considering that theres a Rank 200 planned i might max chrono eventually that or i will change to link 2 when i reach it sadly i cant to any leveling right now as all the quest are broken