Tree of Savior Forum

Offer Job Reset Please

Im going to be pretty frank here, skill descriptions suck ass for both in game and in popular sources for information such as TOSbase where there are videos. So i just hit barbarian c3 and got giant swing and pounce which I now know are two of the most disappointing skills in the game.

-Giant swing is single target and doesn’t seem to hit other enemies during the long spinning animation WHICH COMMON SENSE WOULD SAY IT SHOULD though it does hit other enemies when they are thrown, I dont seem to be able to aim where they go, just back the direction they were pulled from making it even more difficult to make use of. the damage scaling sucks as well but I was aware of this.
-Pounce’s damage is fine, the problem is the hit box (using 2hand sword) making it difficult to hit mobs and make full use of the skill. Also, having to hold button like a charge skill while also moving is not very practical because It requires I move a skill i use more often off a good key if i want to use pounce comfortably.

both of these have 1 minute or more cooldowns making them even less useful.

So, sure, I could skill reset which I planned to do, but now im stuck with a class that seemed to be really promising but turned out to just drop the ball at the last circle in a really weird way. Sure, I get to max out older skills from c1 and 2 but what is fun in that. no new skills, maybe pounce if I can figure it out.

The real problem is the lack of a reliable sources to figure out what skills actually do before investing beyond their poor translations and fanmade site. Like, actual explanations of how the skill mechanic works and maybe situations where they will be useful. I mean, Cataphracts skills that impales an enemy and lets the player use them as a weapon is useful for crowd crowd control even though it cost WWAAAAAY too much SP to do damage with it too.

Im really salty about this to the point i dont want to look at that character anymore. sure, i can go fencer or something next but thats a ways away and im stuck doing the same skill rotations ive been doing and looking the same for another 15 class levels.

EDIT UPDATE* 4/25

This thread turned into a giant flame war. I’m quite annoyed with the overt backlash over the concept of an optional item.

If a forum mod could lock this thread, that would awesome. The conversation is getting no where. Valid points aren’t being made. Just fruitless arguing. The Discussion here is over.

28 Likes

and thats why this game will fail, the newbies will come in without information and fuckup their build and when they realize that, 90% will quit the game because no one has time to waste another 200hours remaking the character.

class system should be something like FFXIV, where you can level all classes in the same character and choose what u play.

18 Likes

Hands down, a circle reset is going to be necessary for this game.

If they want, they can make it so you can only change 1 circle per TP-shop item, even that would be fine, but this game needs a way to reset circles.

16 Likes

I’m not even a newbie yet my build failed miserably. Reached Rogue C3 yesterday just to find out that tons of my core skills are disabled while using Burrow. The skill description says it lets you attack but immobile, not disable TONS of skills while being immobile.

7 Likes

Circle Reset from TP? NO
Circle Reset from major class changes? yes

14 Likes

i totaly understand u, it happened to me in CBT2 and now i research A LOT before any build. here, if u want a sugestion from someone that alredy played barb 3

and don’t worry, barb got HUGE buffs in kTOS, if those bufs ever get to iTOS u will be just fine

EDIT: u can choose lvl 14 Cleave and 1 Helm

1 Like

i didn’t mean to offend you, everyone will ■■■■ up their first character in this game, i know i did, the game has thousands of viable builds, but you can only choose 1 and you can never change it ? that’s not a good design at all, why have thousands of builds if we can only choose one ?

1 Like

Theres a very long thread dedicated to this.

The end result is that players are divided on this issue. Theres a lot of ideas for some kind of compromise. Because a circle reset without no cooldown, accessed via cash shop, is not a popular option.

THIS

Same thing with stats too

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

u actually managed to make it even worse, with low lvl subzero shield
xDDDDDDDD

2 Likes

Um…I’m not sure if you’re trying to prove a point about resets or…I’m not sure what context to reply in.

At the very least its cool you went the extra mile, or two, to make an exotic build. Props for that! Seems like a rough one. Your mentality was to have pyro skills for questing/soloing and cryo skills for party efficiency I’m assuming?

u REALLY should consider just reroll. its not a good thing to do, but its the best for u

5 Likes

just make cryo3>elementalist 3, at least u have better skills and some combo (freeze + eletricity = 50% more dmg)

wizz3>linker3>featherfoot is an awesome build and will be even better when they release more ranks

This game must have it.
There reset will give a lvl1 class aft3r the reset so it will not be abused.
Imc get money we get hapy all win.

1 Like

they could do something like, u reset once a YEAR only (1 reset per team per year). and it brings u to lvl 1 (class) and rank 1 again. so u need to level all 7 class ranks again.

Everyone is cool with this circle reset idea

But why everyone disagree with a Stat Reset potion?

IMO its the same thing, people can make mistake and force them to replay 200hours to fix this is… bad

1 Like

They need to hire someone to really update these databases and have them put more description to skills and stuff. Right now, so many things are unclear. I mean reddit and forum helps with some posts but jesus there’s a lot to talk about with all these classes.

1 Like