Tree of Savior Forum

Circle reset NEEDED for game to survive!

IMC if your gonna keep this game afloat you HAVE TO implement a circle progress reset YESTERDAY! people will ■■■■ their builds and leave the game in a snap if you do not put this feature in I guarantee this! I already hear alot of talk among players about this and trust me when I say this nothing will loose you players faster than 300 hours wasted only to find out a build DOES NOT WORK!.

60 Likes

Circle reset is a crap … just for … "use the best build in early game after reset for the best build in endgame…
Its a crap ^^

91 Likes

Your tune will change when a patch hits and your circle combo gets completely screwed.

23 Likes

a circle reset should be implemented, especially with content being limited to level 280, in the future our builds/circle choices will eventually be useless and everyone has to reroll. or quit.

14 Likes

I heard from somewhere that they made it so you take risks and considerations before jumping onto a build which majority are doing right now following the mainstream builds.
If however this is implemented, theres definitely going to have good and bad sides. With the good being everyone can maintain decent dps or support or whatever depending on what suits them. The bad being everyone hopping on the “bandwagon” classes such as wiz3ele3

6 Likes

Circle reset should be implemented because there aren’t enough ways for IMC to make money in this game (seriously, the cash shop is one of the most bare-bones skeleton meatless cash shops I’ve ever seen in an F2P MMO!). If they implement circle resets and put them in the cash shop, that means more people will give them money for buying circle resets, which means IMC might not have to resort to annoying things like so many restrictions to non-token users anymore to try to sell more tokens for money.

The risk element will still exist because it’s still a risk if it’s implemented this way because people don’t like risking $20 (if they make it cost $20 or $30 or $10 or whatever). It just changes the risk from “Screwed forever” to “screwed out of $20”, which is more pallatable.

8 Likes

Imho Circle reset scrolls should be available for 1 time once they announce NEW set of circles.

say patch comes in and circle 8/9/10 is added, and everyone gets/can get 1 scrool/per char.

That way its fine, because your char can get screwed, but otherwise no.

Why?

1. Get easiest class to lvl -> circle change -> change build to actually useful one.

BIG NO!

26 Likes

Please no. This would be a smack in the face of all dedicated supports and crafters who endured a hard game with getting kills stolen left and right by auto hitters. And those who abandoned their early game for a future proof build.

44 Likes

I’d say a reasonable approach would be mailing every player “circle reset” items (potions?) every time a new class circle is added or there are drastic (and I mean gamebreaker-drastic, not cooldown/damage tweaks) changes to mechanics. Oh, and limit the amount of circle resets a team can store in mail to “1 per character” (maybe even bind them to characters that were created prior to the update) so that you couldn’t hoard them over the course of several updates. No trading whatsoever, too.

That would prevent players from going the “I’m just gonna level my Barbarian then reset him to Squire and make moneyz!” route and at the same time, counter the feces-hitting-the-fan reaction whenever a major patch/update goes live.

12 Likes

If you announce that it will actually lead to exactly this.

Then people roll stuff like barb into dragoon, wait for R8 and then reset to C3 Squire/Templar. Just no.
A new circle is new options and does not make the previous build worse.

2 Likes

Please no circle resets.

18 Likes

Imagine that at some point, a class gets introduced in Swordsman tree, let’s say, a Spellsword of some kind at Circle 9 or 10. With abilities that scale off INT for damage modifier and deal elemental damage on top of physical - which synergizes absurdly well with Finestra… Which you don’t have, because you omitted Hoplite altogether. And even if you pick him on your next advance, it’s going to be a rather “meh” experience - all because you didn’t know the choice even existed. Reroll a level ~500 character? Yeah, right.

So circle resets are needed - but (and I can’t stress this enough, apparently) then, and ONLY then when the whole class synergy meta is undergoing changes.

10 Likes

Circle reset, and you have to level that circle again, that will keep the game alive and even give people something to do after 280.

9 Likes

Theres four entire different classes and TONS of grindyness. more players will keep playing but more are likely to give up if they have to go through all of the story content again or if a character is ruined forever because of a ■■■■ up. This is not debatable. just make the circle reset expensive. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

A 180° Turnaround of a class that late in the game would be horrible game design even if known beforehand. Not gonna happen.

Actually regrinding the circle levels on level cap would really be worth an idea. Then you exchange easy early game for extended grind which can be balanced to be fair. Which could also be available without grind but behind a huge paywall then as an option.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

6 Likes

Not being able to reset circles is part of the game.If you are not happy with your current build, or feel like its failing,plan a new build and just reroll.

2 Likes

This is what’s happens when people rush into a game with a deep class system. This game has plenty of resources for new/current players to learn and understand how and which classes work together and which don’t.
One hour of reading will save your wasted “300 hour” character.

Circle resets are NOT needed.

13 Likes

I would agree if all classes were announced or debriefed, but TOS isn’t fully implemented in all of its 80 class glory. There are three circles we don’t yet have, and those are likely to heavily alter current builds.

I do believe circle resets shouldn’t be regularly available, but I think there should be some way of maybe changing at least one circle (if not a full reset) upon the introduction of a new set of circles/classes.

3 Likes

uh YEAH leveling as a straight priest and cleric is a nightmare! you do it before you start making crappy claims like that.