Tree of Savior Forum

[Monk] Deprotected Zone + Hand Knife Synergy

Hey, everyone!

Just want to share a video about the synergy of Cleric’s Deprotected Zone and Monk’s Hand Knife

Here’s the videos demonstrating their synergy:

Disclaimer: I’m not the owner of these videos.

Video 1 - Testing against mobs summoned via Call Of Deities
Video 2 - Range Test, with Scarecrows near the Highlander Master as test mobs

Seeing how Hand Knife synergizes really well with Deprotected Zone, I want to explore other skills that can make skills that are “meh” when used alone to “nice” or even “awesome” when used next to each other as a combination.

Maybe there’s some unexpected synergy between skills like this one, right?

2 Likes

I remember seeing this combo on the Korean CBT3 Trailer.

There’s Psychic Pressure which is pretty good alone, but even better when used with Icewall. It used to work well with Fireball as well, but the combo was nerfed because they made PP push the Fireball away. Currently, this Fireball combo doesn’t even work anymore. Whether this is a bug or not is still unknown to me.

Yeah, found it here: https://youtu.be/MUCxmo-NNV8?t=1m30s

Still, to see its demonstrated against level 199 mobs and it kills the majority of the summoned mobs is still impressive.

Edit: Pretty sure Hand Knife’s skill description describes it breaks armor, I wonder if other armor break skills (at least from their description) will do the same when used with Deprotected Zone. (i.e: Skull Swing from Highlander C3 comes to mind)

I hope they make many skills combos
we just have this Deprotect zone+hand knife
and ice wall+psychic pressure =/

they should make combos with diferent classes, like fire wall + barrage = fire arrows
mitigate dmg with defensive combos…
there are so many things that they can explore…

1. Deprotected Zone - Reduce Armor
  2. Hand Knife - applies Armor Break status

Could you explain what the synergy between Deprotected Zone and Hand Knife is? I don’t quite get it.

Also about psychic pressure+ice wall, if you choose cryo+kino only to be able to do that combo, then you might as well have chosen pyro+kino because there is a synergy between psychic pressure+fireball that works quite similar.

I’ll add one more to the list.

Out of Body + Zalicai = boosted spiritual damage (regardless of magic amplification attribute/etc)

There’s many more!

Erm not to be rude but previous posts already said that the Fireball + Psychic Pressure combo was nerfed already and only moves the Fire Ball. I think it was also in one of the patch notes via the Psychokino part of the Wizard section. Not sure if they changed it again or not but from my knowledge, that’s what it does now.

Must have skipped that part.

What about the DZ + Hand Knife tho? How does it work?

From what I can see in the video, DZ just lowers the Defense of the enemy before hitting them with Hand Knife (which seems to have a huge AoE now) to decimate the enemy considering Video 2 shows the range of the attack and it’s fairly far.

I’m not sure if any of the other Monk skills have range but if they do, Deprotected Zone + any of the ranged and AoE Monk skills will work the same way as Hand Knife since the Destroy Armor attribute isn’t accounted for in this situation (The enemy dies in one hit so no debuff from Hand Knife is applied).

Exactly. I mean, deprotected zone is going to make mobs have a slowly stacking armor debuff, of which will boost the damage of any skill. The only “synergy” here is a stacking of effects (I think the debuff is applied before damage, but I can’t confirm that). Either way, if you hit something after deprotected zone, it’s gonna obviously hit harder.

Also, all monk skills have a splash effect, but double punch (main attack skill) was recently nerfed in this regard.

For an example of legitimate synergy with Hand Knife (armor break in general), look at this Spiral Arrow attribute:

2 Likes

It turns Hand Knife into a somewhat large AoE.

Basically, it extends Hand Knife’s AoE in a straight line, which is pretty nice in my opinion since it turns it’s effect into another version of Energy Blast (I mean the AoE part), albeit shorter(?), need more positioning of the Deprotected Zone, and also need at least a mob inside the Deprotected Zone(?), but less time spent charging/channeling skill.

You must hit something inside DZ to make this aoe effect right?

Based on the video, yes. At least one mob must be inside DZ, and get the debuff effect for this to work.

Can confirm - something must be hit for it to chain. I just tested it several times.

(Also, paint me an ■■■■■■■ for saying this wasn’t a real synergy skill - I was being ignorant and didn’t watch the video at first and just assumed I knew what was going on based on the text description. Watch the original video, to actually understand what’s happening).

Now I’m curious on if the combo works with other Monk skills as well or is it just for Hand Knife. And what is the AoE range for Hand Knife normally compared to DZ+HK?

It’s about the size of its animation.

1 Like

It doesn’t, at least in regard to adding an additional effect outside of the two original effects stacking. Smite doesn’t work either (a paladin skill with a very similar animation). The angle behind the effect certainly the double armor reduction in the “combo.” Other monk skills just don’t have that kind of relationship with DZ.

Lol this was one of my monk build that I created months ago…