Tree of Savior Forum

DPS MONK Seeking help

Hey guys,

I’m trying to find a class that will match well with my brother. He’s going for:

Wizard > Wizard > Wizard > Elementalist > Elementalist > Elementalist > Warlock

I thought it would be nice for us to have some healing but I’m a bit confused as to what is good in this game. I’ve been reading this forum and looking at tosbase but very few coherent information seems to be found about Builds in general.

My main idea is to go for something along those lines:

I would really love to include Kirvis Circle 3 in a build, so any ideas would be welcome. I thought about Paladin too but I would like something that can deal DPS either up close or from a distance.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me with :slight_smile:

Ahhh my old build in iCBT2

Having a lv15 zaibas will be helpful, as you can deal damage at a range. I had encountered monks with c3 priest, getting killed because rely on close quarter skills. It might not be powerful but still having dps skill while healing is good.

As for the healing side, if you’re in a team of 5 and you’re the only idiot that heals them, expect pain, death and more death. Lv5 heal is not enough, with the nerf and such.

If is just you and partner, then it should suffice.

Would you switch Aukuras in favor of Zaibas?

What is the main advantage of Zaibas versus Aukuras?

Seeing as I’m not going for Priest like most Monks seems to be doing, I don’t expect to be the main healer in a team, more like a utility dps. Which is why I tried to pick skills that seemed to have usefulness in team and pvp.

One Inch Punch as a Silence effects.

God Finger Flick from the video is semi-ranged

Iron skin seems good if peoples or monsters try to burst you down

Hand Knife as armor break and Palm strike get a bleed effect

Those were my logic and well I have no idea if they are good.

Also Krivis C3 provide Meltsis which seems good in PVP since apparently it’s easy for peoples to remove buff on your teammates otherwise.

Daino this one felt good because picking Krivis without it seemed kinda pointless.

Divine Stigma seems good on paper but may actually be bad, I can’t tell.

1. No, zaibas is your main range dps when you become a krivis. Heck, it’s the main reason why I turned into C3 krivis for it.
  2. Zaibas is lightning based magic attack. Good for ice and ghost element based enemies. 16 hits at lv 15, and you can cast it twice before it goes into cooldown. Aukuras is a buff spell that can increase your fire resist and reduce enemy accuracy. It also increase hp restore and regen.
  3. Okay.
  4. For pvp yes, pve for the Damage of time effect. In iCBT2 putting the silence effect increases your skill cooldown to 30 secs
  5. Mid-range and just a filler skill.
    6.It has potential, that I can tell.
  6. YOu can use them as utility to add debuffs, especially the hand knife
  7. I know melstis increases buff duration, not prevent good buff from being dispelled.
  8. True.
  9. Good and bad. The str + int boost is decent. Getting it activated it is tricky. Enemies can resist it and you can accidentally cast the spell on a mage’s fireball or dead enemy, which is a waste.

Hmm Melstis seems rather pointless then?

or does it work on very low cooldown skills? like let’s say ressurection give 5 sec immunity and you cast melstis does it give it more time or it just work on long buff?

Also seeing as Divine Stigma doesn’t seem so reliable would you remove 10 points from it and Melstis in favor of 15 points in Zaibas, supposing Melstis is useless?

I think it would help folks respond if you’d clearly define your intentions. Your thread title indicates “DPS Monk”, but the skill simulator link has “Utility Monk”. Knowing your intended stat distribution would help too.

Fair amount of negative stuff below - I’ll just note that I’m not an expert and for the most part I just gave some rational that will hopefully help you make a good decision.

Regarding Krivis

• Divine Stigma is arguably useless in PvP, as you’d have to successfully kill a player that the spell lands on to receive its effect.
  • 15 points into Daino is a bit too much, maybe someone else can comment on a reasonable amount.
  • Aukuras can be laid down once every 2 minutes, and requires players be near it to receive its effects. This may not be practical in PvP environments as players can easily abuse your team if they cluster in one place for too long.
  • Melstis is extremely situational, if you’re grabbing it for an explicit reason OK, otherwise reconsider… never seen it in practice but it pretty much seems like “use me and you’ll run out of all mana” so it pretty much leaves you drained afterwards.

Regarding Monk:

• Iron Skin can’t block ranged projectiles or magic, maxing it may have some application if reflecting melee damage but the 19 seconds you get from dumping all those points in it won’t work against a half-decent player. After the first 3~ seconds they’ll back off, and ranged will start to focus you.
  • Double Punch is to some capacity your bread and butter as a monk and should always be maxed.
  • God Finger Flick - I read this ability was relatively underwhelming and hard to aim, particularly in PvP. I’d definitely drop a point into it but if you want some ranged Energy Blast has a larger spread/range and is a lot more threatening.

Here is how I would re-work your build and still keep Krivis in (though I would really like to drop it):

I took Deprotected Zone because of the synergy which may require practice to setup, but I think is a heck of a lot more lethal than the finger flick. You may want to dump the points from One Inch Punch into Hand Knife for that reason.

I’m personally mixed on excess points between Palm Strike, Hand Knife, and One Inch Punch until I can tinker around with them some more (they each have a different kind of knockback or knockup effect).

I grabbed Zalciai because if you’re PvPing you’ll likely be grouped up with physical damage dealer too who could benefit from it.

In closing, its not bad to try something unique, but:

• delving into Krivis is going to hinder your goals.
  • consider replacing with Dievdirby if you want some utility as most support clerics won’t go down that path. SP recovery, Cooldown reduction, AoE silences.
  • your monk skill distribution needs a bit of re-work.
  • remember that dealing damage is a utility in and of itself - if you’re going monk you definitely want to get those few critical skills that will effect your ability to put out damage (namely double punch and perhaps energy blast if you need the occasional ranged damage)

This is my old c3 krivis build during the iCBT2

Hmmm, I cannot say about melstis unless I get to test it in…founder access. Based on the skill duration, it only increases the buff duration by seconds and that’s about it. Can’t say about the resurrection 5 sec immunity.

It’s unreliable but if you know the stigma quirks and cast them at the right time, it will be beneficial.

I got a good look at your skill build. Deprotect 4 and then cure 1. Since you’re going STR, cure 5 is pointless.

Invest at least 1 skill point at zalcial. Seeing that you’re partnering with a mage, having the zalcial magic amplification will be beneficial to him.

Max double punch. No question ask.

Well initially I just said I was looking for a build that would work well with my brother.

Monk doesn’t need to be there, as for Krivis I just finded it intersting.

I keep reading this forum and yet I can’t find build guide like in nearly all others MMO. Dunno if it’s because of the way this game is made.

But there seems to always be uncertainty in every build that peoples posts…

Like this “should” work…
This “might”
You could “try”

I wish there was like a list of top KTOS build that are currently functional at endgame.

Like earth temple and such.

But either I’m not searching at the right place or this game as very little infrmation about it :frowning:

Well you can always go for magic dps cleric, since you got a thing with krivis.

Just search the cleric area for builds and etc

There are no build guides because the majority of us have only been able to play very little of the game so far (the limited time from the cbt), as well as skills and balance have changed since then. There’s also a huge variety of combinations of classes so a lot of builds have gone unexplored. We can only figure out builds that seem good on paper or what we’ve had only a bit of practice in understanding.

Using a guide for this game really would be a waste. There’s already a meta build floating around these forums, but in a game where there’s such variety it just seems more fun to explore and figure out things for yourself and create multiple characters. It is good however to have some sort of plan, and that’s what people are mostly helping each other with.

As for your build, well besides what others have said about Melstis since you also have another sp per second draining skill it’s probably not worth it to take it in favor of Energy Blast. I actually like your point distribution of Monk skills better than some of the other suggestions (however I do have no experience with Monk). If you want to make changes maybe some points less in Iron Skin and more into Energy Blast.

As for the Krivis part, I’d drop Melstis or maybe if you really want it jut put 1pt in it. Maybe shift 5pts from Daino around as well. Then you have 10pts to play with. I’d put the bulk into Zalciai. You can also use Zaibas even if you build str, since it can scale off your magical attack from your weapon (such as a mace that uses both physical and magical). Divine Stigma can be cast on those STA crystals you see on all the maps for a fast boost and would work fine in gvg outside of arena.

Hope that helps.