Tree of Savior Forum

Monk Help/ Build

Hi, I’m new around here, Never played this game but Me and my friends are planning to play,

So i wanted to make a Monk and I came up with this.

With the stat focusing being Stre and Con being the 2 Main Stats with Dex being a 3rd Priority for Crit.

I seen other builds I don’t see the point in Sadhu for Monk, Someone gonna have to explain it to me, The Wood carving seems nice but not I don’t know.

and Priest buffs don’t last long and i heard they can be bought,

Can someone tell me if this Build will flop or not? or if it’s Good, and any changes you would make?

I happen to be playing a character with a build very similar to this, but with a few major differences.

Yes, the order in which I picked the classes did matter because I wanted to get Zaibas sooner rather than later. Then, I would pick Cleric again to get Cure to Lv 10 and finally grab Deprotected Zone and Divine Might. Another somewhat obvious difference is that this build is a STR/INT hybrid and it works very well so far.

My primary damage skills would be Cure and Zaibas which can wreck any monsters very quickly. Even at Lv 135, I’m still killing quest bosses in a minute or less. Double Punch is a nice skill to have since it only costs 2 Stamina and has no cooldown, so I use it when Cure and Zaibas are on cooldown, or if the monster I’m facing is weak enough to get killed in 2 or 3 Double Punches. Palm Strike is nice when used with its bleeding attribute, and Hand Knife when used on a mob under Deprotected Zone turns the former skill into a large AoE.

Unfortunately, there aren’t many good support skills with this build. The best ones are Deprotected Zone, Safety Zone, Divine Might, and Divine Stigma, in my opinion.

• Deprotected Zone is for lowering defense, obviously.
  • Safety Zone…I usually use during boss fights since most of them have something that can deal heavy damage. Lv 10 is kind of overkill, so leaving it at Lv 5 is fine.
  • Divine Might for making your skills stronger. I find it best used with Cure or Zaibas.
  • Divine Stigma gives a huge boost to your STR and INT (+43 at Lv 5, +78 at Lv 10 and +85 at Lv 11) when you can actually pull it off. You can use it on Tree Root Crystals or the traps bosses summon for an easier time trying to get this buff. I will admit that the buff doesn’t live up to its hype, however.
  • Aukuras is pretty useless. You could have it at Lv 1 for the attribute that increases Fire Resistance, but I’m not sure if its worth it.
  • Daino is pretty situational. There isn’t a lot of cases when you need more than 7 buffs, but I can see it being very useful should you end up in that kind of circumstance.
  • Zalciai is also kind of useless because it gives a fixed bonus, but hey, I had to dump the skill points somewhere.

I haven’t reached Rank 6 yet, so I can’t comment on the Circle 2 Monk skills.

And of course, everything is subject to change since everything is constantly being adjusted or balanced as we speak. Hopefully I helped you out somewhat though. :smile:

1 Like

Well first of all, you’re going to hate leveling whenever your friends aren’t on with you because you won’t be doing any damage till you reach rank 5 which is I think like level 120 or something.

Secondly, Daino isn’t that great since I don’t think you’re going to find many people who are going to have more than 5 buffs (max without Daino) and if they do, I doubt you’re going to meet anyone who is going to ever fill out to have 15 buffs overall … which is actually pretty insane if you did find a combination with 15+ buffs.

Thirdly, Hand Knife + Deprotected Zone gives you massive AoE so that should be a pretty good burst damage/skill cycle.

Eh… just asking but how are you going to distribute your stat points? Monk is based off of STR mainly while Krivis is based off of INT mainly (from my knowledge)

edit: nvm re-read your post and somehow missed the stat distribution part :smiley: I still think Sadhu would work better but that’s just me :heart:

I hope this is all for PVE because if your build is for PVP ouch man your going to have a hard time.

I think it’s pretty easy to find people who can give you more than 7 buffs, which is the actual buff limit, by the way. I mean, a C2 Barbarian would already have exactly 7 if he chose to get all of them.

Yeah, it’s intended for PvE. I could care less about PvP, and the OP did not specify if he wanted something viable for it.

Ah thanks for the correction on buff limit but seriously? Barb gets 7 buffs by himself? Dang… But does any other class have that amount of self-buffs to actually break the buff cap with just 1 buffer like a Thaumaturge?

Are you playing the game now?

If so can you check if Divine Stigma stacks

More than anything else, besides joking, what’s the point of getting more than one point in Aukuras?

Nope. Has been tested before to not work

Not that I’m aware of. Some might reach 7 depending on which classes they chose. Just in case for clarity’s sake, when I said a Barb can have up to 7 buffs, that means the Swordsman buffs plus the Barbarian’s own buffs.

Daino just becomes more useful the more buffers there are in your party. I imagine it’s actually not that hard to grab like 17 buffs if you’ve got the right classes.

Eh… I can only think that it’s good to replace a campfire… that doesn’t heal SP (at least I don’t think it cuts down the SP recovery time) while you can keep farming because it doesn’t require you to sit down… other than that maybe GvG if there ever is such a thing since I don’t think healers have enough time to heal everyone since CD is so long.

Basically I think I’d like a Cleric with Aukuras from Krivis and Restoration from Paladin since I think that’s a nice combo with reduced recovery time from Aukuras and increased healing from Restoration … but I’m not sure if it scales well at higher levels.

Yeah I know you also meant Swordsman. … do Squire buffs count as buffs? If so, Daino might not be as bad as I thought.

They don’t. The bonus is applied directly to the weapon.

Sorry meant the Food Buffs. I didn’t clarify well enough. I think I’ve seen an older video where the party had food buffs from the squire but I didn’t count the buffs because I wasn’t really concerned with it.

Oh, the food buffs? I’ve never personally seen a Squire with it, so I have no idea.

1 Like

This is legit, but I think lvl1 plus attribute would suffice. To be frank, the only reasons I’d dump a point in it, are the attributes.

Indeed it does quite shine with restoration (oh the burst heal potential!), but i dunno, unless you go the supportive route, lvling this past 2 don’t make sense at all. this or I’m just a dimwit

Well at level 15, it goes from 2.6 seconds to 4.42 second reduction … which is significant but might not be worth it for some. If anything, this would be a great target for Divine Might :smiley:

I wonder if anyone has info on the standard recovery time with and w/o campfire. Without that we really can’t tell if 1.82s reduction for 15lvls is worth all the trouble.

This got me beat. Mind expanding?

I, too, wish to know the secrets to Squire food buffs. If I’m going to spend all day slaving in the kitchen, these buffs better be retained.

Sorry I went to sleep :stuck_out_tongue: but what I meant was that you can change your build from Cleric C1 > Krivis C2 > Paladin C3 or whatever variation it was before (if you were going to build a super healing route) to Cleric C3 > Krivis C1 or 2 > Paladin C1 or 2 and obtain Divine Might Level 10 so that you can boost your Aukuras to level 11-15 depending on how many skill points you put into it.

Then you’ll be able to still do a ton of healing with a level 11-15 Aukuras which at level 11 boosts your hp regen by another 1.3 seconds and at level 15 boosts your regen by 1.82 seconds and whatever level of Restoration you got on your Paladin :smiley:

Truthfully though, I wish that it decreased SP recovery time as well even if it was for an attribute because Paladin’s restoration has the attribute for SP recovery even if it only heals 50 extra SP at max level.

Hello.
I have removed both Krivis and Dievdirbys of my future build. I’ve played as a krivis/diev in icbt, aiming for Monk. Aaand… Changed my mind. I’ve studied the possibilities minding skills, skill-combos and attributes. Krivis is not bad, but its better focusing on INT. Zaiciai boosts only CRIT DAMAGE, not CRIT CHANCE. It can also boost magic damage if you buy its attrib. Aukuras can be a nice skill, if “fixed”(haha it doesnt seem to heal for real). Zaibas is a real cool thing(with INT). Daino is enjoyable to emulate “Kaioken”(from DragonBall Series) :smile: for 1second, aaand to find everyone of your party in the battlefield (sometimes you gotta know where they are, so you can place heals and really heal someone)
My build is focused on basic attack(crit) plus buffs/debuffs.(ATK Skills come on rank 5 and 6.)
I have choosen Cleric>Priest>Priest>Cleric>Monk>Monk.
The combo Dep.Zone+Monstance is the center of it, untill I get the ranks5/6. And then, the magic will happen. hahaha Virtually, this build can be active(atacking, healing, buffing/debuffing) fulltime(I hope), counting on 3 different resources for skills: Free(basic attack), Mana(common skills), and Stamina(DoubleLockPunch, the monk’s main attack). The idea is make a rotation where I can use skills freely, not suffering, thirsty for SP. And, of course, have fun with my friends/party.(You know, you can play solo, but its quite better in a party)

Due the last patchnotes(15/09) I know we may have some new skills for priest. So… That build can change till i can really test it. I’m kinda anxious, I gotta say.

If you’re interested, I can xplain you better. Just dont wanted to write too much in the thread.
Good luck! o/

1 Like