Tree of Savior Forum

Lvl170 - 2H vs. Xbow + Mana-mana - Current BIS

60 crit attack with 50% crit chance should be able to match 30 elem atk but as crit chance gets higher, elem atk becomes more and more inferior.

You should re-check the damage formula, elem atk comes in before the tiered multipliers like damage attributes.

well ok than u should consider these buffs :smiley:
sacrament / Fire enchant
Under this extra attack buffs ur elemental dmg will applied again :wink:

xbow + off hand always stronger than bow at same level

Well, my question is this would a Bow give more dmg for multishot for example. Doesn’t the calculation fall under your PA and wouldn’t a bow give you a higher PA than the xbow mana combo for skills?

elemental property atk adding to your base dmg so xbow still win when casting skill. Only some different stuff like cafrisun set (adding another hit), sword man contren and blessing from cleric which adding flat dmg those are not adding to skill power.

split arrow is pretty good to counter summoner types and those who bring companion in to battle.
also to kill people who behind a tanker too.
But the problem always end with an BLOCK !

You can use a Superior Kracked xbow if you don’t have the money for a catacombs shooter or karacha xbow.

It should provide more or less the same damage. maybe a small difference on specific targets, but it shouldn’t be too noticeable.

Only costs 200k and you can spend the rest on either Manamana or attributes.

lol

are u guys forgeting grajus xbow?

it is so good, and gives u 24 str

well, I just bought an expensive Head3 costume with PhyAttack +42 Crit Attack +58 for 2.5M :smiley: hahaha well I’m running full dex and high dex archers :wink: so i hope its worth it

Currently:
Head1
PhyAtk +35
CritAtk +63

Head2 - still planning to upgrade this one
PhyAtk +39
CritAtk +39

Head3
PhyAtk+42
CritAtk +58

With these gears, I will shift my points on CON since it’s full offensive.

btw, I have tested:
Phy40 Elem30 vs Phy40 Crit60
I am gaining 200-300 difference damage on crit when I use this Phy40 Crit60

so i think you are right with 60 crit attack > 30 elem when crit.

2 Likes

Sorry, I did not include it since I personally don’t like it as it debuffs your movespeed by 2.

and +24 str gives
+24 Phy attack and +24 Crit Attack

So Catacombs Shooter and Karacha will

unless you are shooting plate mobs, or idk where to use that kind of bow :smile:

Nobody made comparisons between the various crossbows, so I went ahead and did it because why not.

*Click on the image to make it larger
** Percentage values are your character’s estimated Critical Chance.

I did not include Grajus but it is not a bad option and actually deals marginally more damage than a Didel Grand Cross on Large Leather targets (notably, bear and mole in Siaulai Woods mission).

Feel free to do the math on different scenario combinations based on the first table and you’ll be able to find out where each crossbow outperforms the rest.

Hope this helps everyone make informed decisions on their choice of crossbow(s) at 170 and beyond.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

okay, but remember:

archer skills scales with STR, and not only physical attacks.

So, higher str = higher dmg
I’m not talking about auto attack.

Hey for a High Dex Rouge is karacha set better or Catac Shooter + Manamana

I think Karacha comes out on top but a Superior Kracked Shooter will also provide you almost the exact same increase in dps, you just won’t get that fancy +1 movement speed

Rogue 3 or Rogue1?
well, I think for Rogue3 class you should be using Karacha Set because of backstab skill x3? then if you also have Karacha Xbow + Mana-mana you like to switch when not casting backstab, its ok.

and I think Rogue should be mainly high STR right?

@pozinho_baracat Yes, and those STR are flat added stats which basically it adds +24 phy attack compared to +31 Patk from catacombs and high base attack. well of course it becomes superior vs. large type monsters.

@sudonim7 haven’t really compared using SK Shooter, but damage wise should be better. I also see many archers using SKs in KTos.

Can also be a reduction if the enemy has lightning resists. Lol.

This is incorrect. It loses to SKC at all target defense and critical rate levels and this disparity increases as SKC is refined because it is 1 star higher than Karacha.

Karacha is actually a horrible crossbow because even a Catacombs Shooter will beat it at 60% critical chance. It deals 30.6 average damage more than a Catacombs Shooter if you can maintain 90% critical chance.

The only time a Karacha will beat a Superior Kracked Shooter is when both are unrefined (+0) and you have 100% Critical Chance, point at which the Karacha deals 4.5 more damage.

Consider also that, for the price of 1 Karacha Crossbow, you can get multiple Superior Kracked Shooters and briquette them for +10% Min/Max Attack.

If you’d like proof:

You take Karacha Crossbow only if you are a Rogue and want to make use of the set bonus. For any other archer and in any other scenario, it is actually a damage loss.

1 Like

Nice, I always thought sks was better because of its higher star rating base attack, also much cheaper.

Thanks for providing proof!

I trust your excel work since I’m lazy to verify it. haha lol
I also noticed that it is being used by kTOS players.
Just one question, have you tried this personally?

@Dream well i guess we have our answer

Uhhh, yes. I’m one of the first to suggest Superior Kracked Shooter as well on this thread remember? Because I take everything into consideration, not just look at the rarity.

Just that the difference on my build is so minimal that I’m thinking twice whether to get it for that small increase. Another reason to stick with Karacha is because with Sneak Hit, I am able to hit 100% crit chance although not 100% of the time due to positioning its still a deciding factor.