Tree of Savior Forum

Looking for a filler: Ranger - ? - Mergen

I had a doppelsoeldner. Decided to change the class tree into an archer. I HAVE NO CLUE about how to play an archer!!!

I could try falconer, but I personally did not get the point of the class. I changed to fletcher, but idk how to play as fletcher. Maybe sapper?

The fact is that I don’t know how to play any archer class help me lol. Swordsman is straight foward: hit the enemy. I did not have to worry about what should I do with my hawk or with my arrows.

So… what I ask is for a class to fill the gap, the point distribution and how to play it.

PvE? If yes, what did you not quite understand with falconer? Falconer may have the best, if not one of the best, support skill set with Aiming + Circling…

So teach me how to play it, please? T-T

And should I go cloth, leather or plate with this build?

Prolly 90% will tell you to choose leather. Some plate but mainly preference

Mergen relies heavily with AoE ratio, that is why it may not be strong to look at in the beginning. Simply put:

Your total AoE attack ratio - monsters defense ratio = the number of enemies you can hit if the skill relies on AoE (some do, some don’t).

Small monsters = 1
Medium = 2
Large =3

An aoe attack ratio of 10 will let you hit the values above.

With Falconer’s circling every enemy has an aoe defense ratio of 1. So that is 10 small, or 10 medium, or 10 large mobs.

Aiming simply makes the hitbox bigger. What you will normally not hit will hit as long as it is within the purple circle radius.

Some mergen skills that rely on aoe attack ratio are Homing arrow, Triple Arrow (better with aiming for the explosions) and Zenith (again better with Aiming)

Spread do not rely on attack ratio, Arrow Sprinkle do not as well.

Here’s a link to a falco mergen thread <Re:build> Falconer-Mergen. I hope it can help.

I will follow the thread! Thanks!!

You made me understand really well. So the falconer is a good support :smiley:

Can you send me your skills? or are them in the thread?

1 Like

I am struggling to read the thread! Haha 600+ messages

It would be of help if you could show me the skills

This is a standard skill build.

Adjust a few points here and there if you want. https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#314eh.14458591.1f2e4f31.21345f8abad5.2a4f8e5195

1 Like

And… how is the rotation? Are there any skills that should be used before another?

Aiming only increases your range? Is there another buff?

Falconer’s damage skills are “standalone”? By that I mean if there isn’t any skill that amplifies them.

Is there an optimal way to time Roost with Aiming and Circling?

is it worth drop falconer?
I am thinking of putting fletcher or pied piper instead of the falconer.finished my char slots, and was wanting to create one more
but the hawk occupies 1 slot …
Is it worth dropping the class and delete the pet?
I have some troubles with skill allocation and rotation too.
if u guys can help me with that, I really appreciate <3

if you drop falconer: your mergen skills cant hit a lot of enemies without falconer’s circling

hm but it is worth drop it? I can do CM or solo dungeons with ranger - piedpier/fletcher - mergen?

Guys, pretty much in rebuild you can do CM runs with many builds… However in the case of Mergen, Falconer offers unrivaled utility to Mergen’s kit with Aiming + Circling.

You see, if you hit 1m dmg to one monster vs hitting 500k dmg but to 5 monsters, in which scenario will you have a faster pace clearing content like CM?

In line with this for beginners I would actually recommend maxing Aiming and Circling until the time you can manage your rotation well (meaning knowing which skills that rely and do not rely on AoE attack ratio) when Circling is down (yes it is not 100% uptime)

Take out points in Tomawak you can leave it at 1. Sonic strike can be lv5 mainly for the debuff attribute

And as always, please max Triple Arrow and Homing Arrow and use them under Aiming and Circling. Stack attack ratio with camp food, circling attribute, headgear and gears

if you have another falconer best friend who always partying with you, yes drop it

can u give me a link to this build in tosguru or img? I’m a little lost with skill points distribution (especially with mergen) thanks.
is worth put points into spread shot?
how do I get “camp food”?

how it is the skill distribution on fletcher? or Pied Piper is better? I’m planing do both contents, but mainly PVE.
I’m pretty much in doubt about this, whether I drop or not. after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_vrAviue3E
If you guys have any problems understanding what I wrote, blame Google Translate hahahhah

i prefer pied over fletcher. Pied is less stressful and has (+3 AOE attack ratio to all mergen skills) synergy

I not get it, how Pied gives +3 AOE atk?
I still do not understand how the AOE atk ratio system works. and how i can get more AOE? excluding falconer, obviously.

Hi. I have updated my thread which you can find here <Re:build> Falconer-Mergen. Hope you find it useful cheers!

@arthurhenriquetb

1 Like

You can bet that I found it very useful. THANKS

1 Like

Do you guys think circling should be maxed? Honestly I don’t feel like the falcon offense skills are powerful enough to max. Might as well treat falconer mainly for circling and aiming.

Circling aint just for falcon skills. Mergen’s kit rely heavily on Circling with a good stack of aoe attack ratio.

Homing arrow
Triple Arrow
Zenith (kinda unsure)

Barrage
High Anchoring

Sonic Strike
Pre emp

Multi shot

It may not feel useful, but for example you start having so many mobs on the screen you cannot one shot anymore, you will be grateful to having longer Circling (based on my exp) so your skills will hit harder and more mobs

Edit: i keep forgetting I always talk in the context of CM farming. If bossing build, or not farming CM, Circling has no use ofcourse.