Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Wow I wonder why that much

Well that does make sense if they will lower skill mods a lot, making the game “harder” by not making mobs stronger but instead controlling our skyrocketing dmg recently

Which is good I think

It makes damage more dependent on gears,though.
This is fine for the earlier levels, but might become tricky to balance later on because it will create an even larger gap between people with decent equip and newbies.

Yeah I’m sure they care about balancing classes around your RP.

what

4 Likes

Maybe, or maybe they want us to play as a team to clear game content (whatever there is) to give a more fulfilling role?

Idk, feels like they aiming to have us play in groups vs being able to solo 90% of game content

2 Likes

I can still just make/reset another character to use the (now useless) weapon but that’s not the point. Imagine if someone that just started playing chooses Hackappel and this change forces them away from the character type they wanted to play, because of the dumb ass weapon restriction+class tree swap.

I just hope they come with a solution for this. It feels extra aggravating that this happened to Hackappel, one of the most screwed over classes since the beginning. Now it’s just a dumb ass Knight class.

P.s: Selling doesn’t seen an option, i’d probably just lose money.I’m from Silute so i don’t even know if it still has any semblance of an economy after the last market exploit

That’s great! Removing the impact of enhancement is something really good, since it diminishes the abyss between the maxed chars and mid-low tier ones. I just hope that someday they’ll remove the RNG as well from it.

I don’t have anything against input RNG, but output RNG is something I despise to the soul.

1 Like

Yup, it’s great and now it’s an option to boost your gear if you’re already at the peak with everything else, but not necessary to have a +16 or higher weapon.
It also boosts the value of non-Velcoffer gear tremendously, which is great because it will now have a value and thus can be sold if the need ever arises.

It also lowers the difference between one-handed and two-handed weaponry, and the huge defense gain on the shield is fantastic for people who want to keep their cloth or leather armor for “endgame” content like Velcoffer or that new Dragon raid.

If base values and transcendence mean more than enhancement i would think that would make velcoffer gear more valuable since they have the highest base values, just now you don’t have to worry about getting +16 or higher. +11 should be fine.

I not sure about the shield defense. If shields give so much defense and OH weapons have almost the same damage of TH weapons, then what’s the downside of using a shield?

Yes, but it is not so much required as it is currently since all kinds of weaponry will now produce high values if transcended to stage 8-10. What I mean is that unless you get the Velcoffer gear and actually transcend it, a lot of gears will be a lot better that already have T7-T10 transcendence on them.

You still have less attack (about 20%) and less stat gain from them, so I guess that’s the main concern.
Meanwhile, block was weakened to only reduce damage by half, so two-handed users don’t lose out that much when they can’t block.

And the gems on armor are basically balanced to cater that issue,too, as you can either increase your defense by a high amount (8 star yellow&blue gems increase defence by 1350 points on top&bottom armor)
or you block rate (8 star green gems increase your block rate by 70 on top&bottom armor), so on average the difference between shield and two-handed weapon will be small.

No, in comparison to before the actual gain is now lower. You will need a very high upgrade level to reach 100% of the base attack value of the weapon and an even higher upgrade value to reach 100% T10 Transcendence value.

At current rates, a Velcoffer Mace has 2079 base matk, thus at T10 4158 matk.
To reach the same amount of attack bonus,you will need to get to +18 for +100% base value via upgrade (+2070 matk) and +32 to reach T10 value (+4110 matk).

After the update, the base matk value of Velcoffer mace will be ~3440, so if you upgrade only to +18 (+2070 matk) it will no longer be equal to 100% of the base weapon value;
You will need to upgrade to +27(+3467 matk) to reach +100% basic weapon value now, and to reach the T10 value (6880 matk) will be impossible, capping the maximum impact of item upgrade at 74% [+5140 matk at +40] of maximum Transcendence value.

This means not that upgrading will not be important anymore, but it will have a considerably lesser impact on overall damage than transcendence.

2 Likes

I’m kinda confused, when you say “a very high upgrade value” does it mean that anvil enhancement is only effective on higher numbers?

Because if it is really that, the RNG issue is not really solved but rather worsened.

Considering the amount of effort / money you have to put on a Velcoffer gear, I don’t think that making it less worth would be good. It is kind of time-consuming, also silver/items too. It has to be better than other weapons, and by a decent number.

It is just soul-crushing to get an weapon which is like 200m+ in mats, and then watch it brick at +6. At least a base value increase will make the weapon viable at +11 with golden anvils instead of having to push for a +16.

Shield will give 5k defense without over

Shields have no mdef.
While other armors have both, one high / one low or both same(leather).

They should give shield “low” mdef.
Like if the shield they shown has 5k pdef, make it also have 2k or 2.5k mdef.

I still believe that having a cap for any enhancement is the only way to solve this problem.

RO caps at 20 and nobody is complaining.

8 Likes

Just nerfing the numbers would be enough
Before trans the enhancement bonus was really low, even if you had a +16 it wasnt that much more
They should have never buffed it in the first place

Its nice how they buff transcend and base values to compensate but they should also nerf enhancement values by 30% or so

2 Likes

15, please.

/20-tro-lololololo

1 Like

I doubt that would be very good, since my example uses already the weakest weapon in the roster, and the anvil upgrade values are the same for all weapons at same level and rarity stages, so it will be even less for the vast majority of weapons.

Any less would probably make the people give up completely on attempting to upgrade over a certain threshold, which then would provide them with the reality that there is no real endgame content except RNG raids for them.

I think it’s good that they don’t have magic defense, because you already get magic defense from cloth armor, accessories, blue gems in top&bottom armor,boost cards like Nuaele.

Now imagine the developers introducing those extra armor attributes for Clerics and Wizards that promote wearing Cloth Armor, you’d be sad if the shield wasn’t providing you with physical defense to counter the loss on plate armor.
Shields are now vastly recognized as primarily for tanky Swordsmen[Pelta,Rode,Murm], Clerics and Wizards and thus will provide only physical defence.

It also makes sense because they’re just lumps of wood&metal, and they already can block 50% of magic damage if you successfully block a magic attack so no reason to change this.