Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

nevermind

nvm20202020

1 Like

They create the illusion of clones :wink:

they do using paper, but they gave all the paper to taosi D:

So rude, everyone pockets are HUGE but sure a small mount of sticks and ropes is more impressive than a whole carving log set D:

:smirk:

Thatā€™s kind of huge.

1 Like

Matador and appraiser and some scout class gonna be really happy :smiley:

Itā€™s literally there in the one you quoted. m.crit = m.crit.dmg = m.amp

Thatā€™s not crit rate, thatā€™s magic crit atk. So far it seems that crit rate would be the same for both magic and physical.

nevermind

nvm20202020

Itā€™s Magical Crit Attack.

Thereā€™s Physical Crit Attack, and Magical Crit Attack, but a unified Crit Rate.

I guess weā€™re going to be seeing a lot of leather-wearing wizards, huh?

Personally, I donā€™t like these crit changes at all. Iā€™m not fond of the idea that every class needs to build crit to maximise DPS now, and with a 50% max crit rate, those crits are going to be so random and scattered. Messy.

Why, as long as they donā€™t increment the cap rate there is no point on get tons of crit rate, flat or %

itā€™s magical crit attack/physical crit atk, I shorted it down as I thought that was obvious :sweat:

crit rate has only been mentioned as if it was unified, though often in places where it also lists crit atk / atk unified as one. So I canā€™t say for sure if itā€™s going to be split or unified with certainty. But any mention of mcrit rate/pcrit rate is not from those dev blogs listed.

For clarification I still donā€™t speak korean, but itā€™s not hard to translate regardless because we had tosneet for comparisons. That and all those stats are listed in the blogs:
ā€œė¬¼ė¦¬ ģ¹˜ėŖ…ķƒ€ ź³µź²©ė „ā€ is from dex.
ā€œė§ˆė²• ģ¹˜ėŖ…ķƒ€ ź³µź²©ė „ā€ is from spr.

First words ā€œė¬¼ė¦¬ā€ are physical and ā€œė§ˆė²•ā€ magic respectively.
ģ¹˜ėŖ…ķƒ€ is critical hit.
ź³µź²©ė „ is attack.

Crit rate would be ģ¹˜ėŖ…ķƒ€ ė°œģƒ instead.

2 Likes

Dash/sprint
-now available to all classes
-dashing consumes stamina

Swordsman dash:

able to dash even when receiving damage
able to dash on Mount (pet)

Wizard dash:

dash bonus movespeed is 4 points lower than a regular dash

Archer dash:

dash is only possible out-of-combat
dash bonus movespeed +3 from a regular dash

Cleric dash:

gets the current dash (swordsman dash)
lycanthropy halves stamina cost of dash

Scout dash:

doubled stamina cost for dashing
movespeed +3 from a regular dash

This is bullshit,
why the hell clerics have better dash than scouts ?
another favourism towards clerics by IMC?

1 Like

clerics get the standard version

scouts get the burst high speed version that can be used in combat too

archer gets high speed version but out of combat only

swordsmen get pain barrier (probably) dash and mounted dash

wizards would rather become a chrono and cast haste than learn how to run like normal people

EDIT: Additionally, they will remove movespeed buff stacking so that extra 3 movespeed from scout during combat will have its uses

2 Likes

Are you sure archer dash isnā€™t a mistranslation and itā€™s just while attacking.
For example how you used to be able to dash while attacking with running shot with hackapell, without Running shot your character would slow dash and attack, looking buggy while rubberbanding.

Not everyone will get full legendary right away, so having those base crit rate helps a lot and help get to that cap earlier.

Archer dash just out of combat makes sense. Archer is now not very mobile anymore, and they still have Swift Step to move while attacking.
Archers have the highest dash speed of all Classes, which makes up for that.

Swordsman will get mounted dash, Cleric will get normal dash, scout will get combat dash so they can change in-between the fights and do tactical advance&retreat

Wizard being able to dash is weird,they shouldā€™ve moved Haste to Wizard and toned it down a bit xD.

Clerics have a worse dash(not as fast) but consume less Stamina because they are trained warriors like Swordsmen.
Scouts are not trained to have high Stamina/Endurance, as they are not the ones who go to the battlefield regularly (i.e. they are not part of an army but rather adventurers or special mission agents).
Thatā€™s why it makes 100% sense that Clerics and Swordsman have similar dashs.

In my opinion, Swordsmen and Clerics should also share the dash that doesnā€™t get canceled when attacked and just leave Swordsman the edge over Cleric with mounted dashing (as there is no Cleric cavalry), because that mechanic is just weird, a seasoned participant on the battlefield wonā€™t just stop because heā€™s hit a little.

Maybe they should introduce positive movement speed or negative movement speed boni depending on armor type, with plate adding mali, leather being neutral and cloth offering boni while dashing, with Clerics and Swordsmen being exempted from plate mali when dashing.

And/or they change the stamina consumption accordingly (Cloth 75% stamina consumption while dashing, leather 100% and plate 125%)

That would make the system even more interesting.

This suspense ā€¦ why do they like to drag us more into the darkness and abandon us ā€¦
Ahem. Anyhow, we need more information (well, experiencing first) in order to make judgement over this whole re:build thing

With the information in hand, personally I like the direction where the Cleric class is going, making supporting more ā€œa hassleā€ and not like only dropping tiles and be done. Heck, Iā€™m even intrigued by the new-way-to-Heal mode. Of course though, if those were the case then how are the first-level clerics going to deal damage? Whacking all the way to the next class advance? xD

(Waiting how re:build gonna affect support classes be like :scream:)

1 Like

Well itā€™s going to be annoying if whenever archers use buffs or hit air itā€™ll be put in combat state and unable to dash, but with the 10% move speed bonus still working in combat itā€™s something.
Scouts atleast might still get the camouflage attribute for +5 movespeed, also shinobi might still have the ninja run attribute that lowers the cost of stamina by 20%, however that amount for both could change.

I feel like a good way to do it is:

Choose a direction = it goes to that person, but if you press nothing then it drops it on the groundā€¦

The thing is it says you can use for yourself but only shows 4 possible directionsā€¦ so neutral might be you :confused:

The system they showcased only takes into account 4 directions,though, so chances are high that you will target yourself when pressing nothing.
There could be a chance that this only applies when the Healing:No damage attribute is active and otherwise itā€™s a pure damage skill that drops on the floor and deals damage accordingly, as the new target option will make it impossible to target enemies.

If not, the only hope is Cure and/or any skill that might be added to Cleric for the purpose of damage.
The current Cure is utter garbage,though (low AoE, low hitcount, low modifier), so unless it becomes like e.g. Aqua Benedicta/Monstrance/Hamaya in AoE, Cleric will be pretty bad at dealing any considerable damage at all.

Yes I did thought of that 10s after posting xD

in other newsā€¦

so many frames of good image and they use this one for the image of classes

I know someone on staff wanted Exorcist to show his ice cream passing skills, but image was too smallā€¦ no one can see it D: