Tree of Savior Forum

It TOS beyond redemption?

The last whiteknights should realize that the tree is corrupted at the roots.
How can the branches they cling to be safe in any way?

huehue

3 Likes

I’m a new player here, I have 2 characters over lvl 120 now, and thinking about a 3rd…
Because I still have 2 days for Market to be unlocked.

I end up buying the crappy vendor pots which are more expensive and useless.
I can’t sell or buy gear I desperately need.
I even bought the premium token and no help…

Way to welcome new players geniuses.
I can understand why new players aren’t welcome.

1 Like

I was never aware of the history behind RO private servers. I never bothered to investigate it. So no, couldn’t say I’d given it much thought beyond it was stolen. But yeah, in hindsight, I could have probably concluded your statement to some level. It was an innocent question. Thanks for answering.

I hope you didn’t pop a blood vessel in the process. I know how heated you get over discussion, my friend.

Maybe because it’s a dumb reason I don’t quite grasp it. There are plenty of Korean companies that fund and bring games state-side that can provide more longevity and manage to maintain a game for a few years that make a killing. It makes no sense to me.

What money are they making off of this market? Hell, with a proper bug-patch, some fixes here, some fixes there, revamping some UI issues, resolving the FPS issue in its entirety, voila. You’ve probably earned back a few thousand players. That’s a good cow-farm.

Maybe it’s as you say. Maybe they are dumb.

I personally believe that they weren’t prepared for their project in America and that ultimately the cost of funding the server her was more than expected. I think your conclusion is shallow. I doubt they intended to sink this ship the way it’s sinking.

The very truth of the matter is that we can only speculate. Maybe you’re right, maybe I’m right. Maybe we’re both wrong. There will be no transparency.

Once again, man. Hope you didn’t pop a blood vessel. I know how passionate you take every post calling you out on your points.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned somewhere in this thread that they’re milking people for what they’re worth. It’s going to be a field day when they get the contractual OK to release Miko and the entirety of that Pract gacha.

I bet we’ll go up to 10k players on that day.

1 Like

Everytime you play this game, go become more like a zombie… you do saaulus, then dungeon then mission… maybe a couple if et and uphill but after realizing for a month or so, the game becomes repetitive… the game is still buggy for me, for some reason it close all of the sudden. some skills are pointless like corsair unlock chest. the story is not that interesting. And pvp dosent allow diverse team planing… it will always be at random queue… cheaters are also lurking in gvg whereby taking advantage of TP reward… silver farming bots and afk necro/warlock still roaming and continue to inflate silver currency… the game is basically dying but it will never die for at least 6 months… for god sake people… dont tolerate this kind of publishers that dont listen to their customers… until whiteknights and walletknights are blinded by the fact that this game offers nothing but cute characters… Nexon and IMC will never learn…

3 Likes

Now you know tos redemption is hard. Here you are trying to save the game but apparently these people continue to play the game because they think the game is still fine.

Below is a totally fictional story. Please don’t mind.

Once upon a time there was a legendary tree called the Tree of Maso which according to the legend, was planted by the Father of Ragnarok, HkKim. Many adventurers came to this legendary tree in search for an ideal. Many were captivated by the tree from the first look. Bugs, bots, exploits and bad management came into their sight as they ventured closer. Some turned back and left in rage. Some left for the better good. Some stayed to save the tree while some refused to accept the reality. ‘They’ must be too busy with stuff from the ancient beta. Things will improve over time. Lets give ‘them’ more time. 3 months later, same bugs, same bots, same exploits. ‘They’ must be lack of staff or fund. Lets give ‘them’ more time. 5 months later, same bugs, same bots, same exploits. Some started to question themselves. Is my ideal a delusion? # endofpartonestory

As the adventurers move closer to the tree, they started to notice some parts of the tree were on fire. The adventurers couldn’t get closer to the tree because it was too hot. Some prayed for the tree to stop the fire by itself. It didn’t work. Some shouted for the goddess of rain to put out the fire. No response. Some watched the fire from distance. Where are the goddesses? Does god exist? The adventurers started to lost their faith in the goddesses. # endofparttwostory

Just when the adventurers were at the verge of giving up, a heavenly voice came from the sky. “The issue has been resolved”. The adventurers immediately looked at the tree in excitement but only to find that the tree was still on fire. The fire seems to get stronger as time passed. An adventurer equipped with a fire suit suggested, instead of trying to put out the fire, why not wear a fire suit just like me? # endofpartthreestory

Is the tree dying? A young adventurer asked. If the legendary tree is dead, there is no point in this adventure. He added. Some says that the tree is doing fine despite the fire. Some says that the divine tree is blessed by the goddesses, so it will never die. Some says that the tree is in pain. Some says that the tree might not last long. Some says that the tree is already dead. The young adventurer was confused. Just when he was trying to decide who to trust, an old adventurer appeared in front of him. My fellow adventurers, there is no meaningless adventure. An adventure is an endless seek for a new adventure. What you find here might be not your ideal, but what is experienced here is going to be a useful for your next adventure. Enjoy your adventure. The young adventurer nodded his head and said, so how do I venture in the fire without a fire suit? Will the goddesses answer my question? # endofpartfourstory

*This is a totally fictional story. Please don’t mind.

10 Likes

I’ve played so many failed online games now in my life that I’m way beyond the point of letting myself get mad over something so stupid. This game actually was about the third in a series of games me and the community who came here with me went through. Archeage, Skyforge, then this one all flopperinos because publishers/developers got greedy ruining their games.

So when I’m posting about this stuff I’m actually literally laughing and think it’s funny that people are sitting here trying to understand a reason that’s pretty simple. The devs/publishers see their product has grown to a certain point and get greedy. They then proceed to change their game for short term gains instead of them having to work for their money over a long period of time.

It’s the common denominator that I’ve seen with these foreign games coming into the western market. They don’t care about investing back into their products for bigger long term profits and just want to get in and get out as soon as possible making the most they can. It’s actually pretty smart for them if the players are so blind they can’t see it happening before their very eyes while continuously feeding them money.

That bankruptcy thing you mentioned is pretty much what Donald Trump did coming up in the business world. Yes, it does work and he did build an empire afterwards, but he could have just actually taken all that money from the start investing it smartly for more profit instead of taking everyone else down with him. It’s a good example of just being greedy greed mongers since you get a little taste of money and don’t care about your target market.

This game had fans help them import it with the translations and then give them nothing but support by buying the numerous support packs. Then they turned a cold shoulder on people and just keep delaying content only providing yet more cash grabbing schemes betraying everyone’s kindness and support. It’s really messed up when you think about it all but they are just a stupidly shameless company.

10 Likes

It took me only a few hours to decide Archeage and skyforge were ■■■■ and I played them both on release.
Tree of savior though.
This is a game that could be really dope but… I feel like one of my initial reactions on Founders will be true.
This game won’t really be of decent quality until April at least and by then the playerbase will be so low that even though it’ll enter “Good enough” quality. It won’t have the community to support it.

5 Likes

But they self-published and avoided uhh … “Greedy Nexon”. The differene is that Nexon has a long record of milking people and know how to do it right. And IMC just butchered iTOS. This isn’t even milking.

Nexon also has GM / localization / translation teams.

The only thing that soothes me is the fact that Nexon EU would kill the game just a little slower and Nexon NA would turn it into even more shameless cashgrab.

2 Likes

Kappa

20 characters!

I’ll believe it when I see it. Though I honestly doubt there’ll be anything much come April, and it’ll be the same old tree. Unless you meant April 2020…

4 Likes

No, it can not be redeemed. The two regional demographics, SEA and BR, that IMC was hopeing to make large bank on; have lost faith in the service/product.

All they can do now is focus on the regions where the playerbases are less hostile.

dunno why people complain about demon prison and dina bee farm being walls. they did not stop or hinder me at all. there was still plenty of things to kill… even wrathful harpeia was there to greet a few of us.

Brutal, Savage, Rekt.

Well by April.
We should have numerous class changes.
Pet Equip will finally be a thing. Its been over a year since ICBT2 and that’s still not a thing here
Apparently Rank will give phys, magi def which should allow Cloth equip to shine more, as well as Leather.
The communities too small for dungeons as it is, so certain features will be lackluster, but after numerous ‘adjustments’ If the game had launcher this April it would probably fair better.

yes razer naga is going to have a lot of fun with that

Lol, this thread is: Wall of text vs Wall of text.

1 Like

Here is my honest opinion. I don’t think this game is salvageable without some extreme measures. A complete wipe and then legitimate tp refunds. Backtrack all money transfers and then refund the tp gained only through legal CASH means. (That huge tp fiasco with the founders packs and then doing refunds based on who currently had tokens in their inventory, wtf?) Remove tp reward from GvG and replace it with something else.

Yes, I am sure that people will reply with ‘blah blah, all the vets will leave’. And then I say GOOD. Because from what I can see right now that the majority of what is left are the dregs of the MMO community. There is no point painting over a wall infected by mildew, the mold will just eat it’s way back to the surface again. Need to scrape it clean before to truly get a clean start. And then for goodness sake, keep the damn thing clean. Routine GM patrols, checking GvG logs, the whole works.

I understand it sounds extreme, but that is just how it is. It is like allowing a bunch of easy to take care of, little infections alone for so long, it turns into a serious case of gangrene to the point where the only solution is amputation.

And that is the current majority of the people left playing this game. This majority seems to have adopted a ‘if you can’t beat em, join em’ frame of mind that is dangerous to the health of this game(Let’s be honest, it was critical months ago already). It’s kind of like that prison experiment with the lights in the guard tower. Except the inmates KNOW the guards are NOT watching.

5 Likes

And what is up with all these event items expiring after 14 days? Do the game’s problems magically disappear after 14 days?! It is like it is a race to see what runs out first, the event item or the playerbase’ patience.

2 Likes

I would give them the benefit of the doubt to say it was intentional to not let “sleeper” bot accounts collect free stuff, but I’m pretty sure they just don’t want actual players to get anything instead. Botters can just have all alts login to collect everything of value and be done. So them putting a time limit on something is pointless against automation. This made me really laugh because I thought the same exact thing.

3 Likes

This game has done nothing but lose people for months on end.

That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t play if you are having fun with the game though. Your time isn’t wasted as long as you are having fun. Play for a while and if it isn’t what you are looking for move on to something else.

All games come and go. Even if a game stays around for 20 years you will at some point move away from it. There is no sense in missing out on an experience because it falls within a certain time frame. It would be like choosing not to see a great movie because it is only 50 minutes long and not 2 hours.

6 Likes