Tree of Savior Forum

It TOS beyond redemption?

Hi everyone, I like TOS as it is like a newer RO which I love so much. I played RO like crazy before TOS.

I would like to invest more time into TOS but not sure if my time would be worth it. If TOS bombs completely after a couple more months, then I guess I wouldnt spend my time here.

What does everyone else think?

6 Likes

yes.
20charsBullShitlimit

1 Like

tos will not suddenly go popular and gain 10k pop

its slowly losing more n more players for various reason

but hey, every mmo suffers losing player~

and if u just want another mmo to sink your time, tos is a ok choice

by far, tos is casual

Just download tos and play your first 100hours, u can decide if u wanna stay afterwards

me? i quit tos already

goodluck there~

huehuehue

2 Likes

Before worrying, play a little more.

Then you go to demon prison, probably your first wall.
Start worrying (if you do worry) and keep going.

Then you go into Dina Been Farm, worry a bit more.
Keep going.

If it bothers you that IMC allows these things, it’s probably a good idea to decide to leave or stay, because they’re not doing good actions against them. Much more against other abuses, literally n o t h i n g

Yes, it may look like it doesn’t bother you except for the said maps, but they are the major cause of inflation, which ruins the damn game.

but if you don’t really care, then stay, welcome to the divine tree.

1 Like

Well, it depends on how hardcore are you. If you don’t mind investing some time in learning one more language:

7 Likes

If they can fix the lag and fix the bugs, I have like 50 ppl willing to play.

4 Likes

Just casual play until lost ark or lineage eternal releases out. It’s not a matter of people hating this game is more like an incompetent devs gm’s and staff who doesn’t care much about the game.

10 Likes

Well, the main question is :
Do you have fun while playing TOS?
If yes, then it’s worth it and you should play it.
If no, then i wonder why you bother continue playing a game you don’t have fun with.

And personally it doesn’t matter to me whether the game has 1 month, 1 year or 10 years left to live, the important part is whether i have fun now. If you base your decision to play a game on speculation whether it might bomb at any time in the future then you might aswell not start playing any online game at all because any online game out there can be shut down at any moment.

2 Likes

The game is fine and great. IMC is just a small indy company that doesn’t have a big team to handle things quickly like other ones. They have the nicest people I’ve ever met working there and I love them. It’s completely understandable for them to have a monetary subscription in the game that you can sell for in game currency all on top of a cash shop with buffs and items for crafting some of the best gear in the game. That’s just a way players can help support this company in providing the next quality game being developed along with it’s expansion project. Companies just need to make money that’s what they do so it’s all good~

Don’t believe the negative media! They are just biased since IMC has been so successful. Those crazy left wing hueists just like making up things to progress their own agendas for bug fixes, content, and transparency. You can believe me and the staff when they say that something is actually being done and IMC is working hard for ITOS. There’s plenty of supporters out there that are just afraid to come out and say it because of the mean nasty haters! So don’t worry game isn’t going to close soon and jump right in ASAP!

9 Likes

Indy or not, we deserve fixes, bans of cheaters and performance improvements that actually do something. R9+ can go to hell with the ongoing problems.

huehue

9 Likes

If your favorite things include:

-walking
-pressing spacebar
-make moneys without actively playing
-bugs

look no further.

Director of FFXIV just said this

"

If an MMORPG is not able to recruit new players, all that is left is for the game to stabilize and eventually go on a decline. At that moment, the type of operation of the game would shift to one that works hard to slow down the pace of decline. To prevent the game from reaching that point, we would like to prepare as much as we can for the potential new players that may be interested in the game. "

TOS is in Decline.

19 Likes

Just play all the content that is possible for you but don’t expect to be on par with the top players. It is too late to invest in this game because TOS is dying.

Talking about measures to increase the pop, bring silute back to sa will increase at least in 50% the pop of this server

but borel

50% free player is nothing

sa player dont pay much

huehuehue

2 Likes

Will a mass ban of Hydrarium bring back the paying players then?

huehue

My friend, you would be surprised if you see how many people bought the stats reset pack in silute just for resell them. Anyway, we pay only half of the price so we dont deserve a regional server i guess, or maybe that topic is RESOLVED already.

More on topic, what do you think about the patch 7.00?

not sure if they ever plan to do anything not boring, so, probably not.

The game has good points… and a lot of bad points. But avoiding getting into that, this game’s not going anywhere anytime soon. If you enjoy it, play more. I recommend sucking it up and getting a token right off the bat because it gives you access to things like learning attributes instantly, full trading, and a lot less market fees. Play it for a month, do your dungeons and missions daily and you’ll have more than enough money to get a token off of the marketboard if you want to continue playing.

The game is very grindy, but there’s only a handful of quests you actually have to do–the ones that give bonus stat points, there’s a guide for it if you search. If you like to quest, talk to every npc. There’s more quests than you will ever need at the start and plenty as you level up. There’s a few walls in the xp curve but nothing too terrible imo.

My other advice is to look into the classes and what will actually work with your playstyle. Meta builds change fairly often so it’s more fun to find something that works for you. Finding a guild makes things a ton more fun as well.

There are a lot of cons though, but I’m not going to go into them as they’ve been pretty well pointed out in the thread already.

5 Likes