Tree of Savior Forum

Intense Balancing: Clerics, Archers and More!

They won’t change anything, but instead of discussing the new skills and mechanics, which have VERY interesting niches, we are discussing about why we won’t get rank resets immediately with that patch (while we will do obtain a lot throughout shard event and Pied Piper/Exorcist patch). I’m sorry, but this constant whining of the playerbase looks way more depressing to me.

2 Likes

It’s not only for you, it’s for everyone. But as said above, it cannot be applied in a game with so many problems that affect the said gameplay and the player experience. Trust me, I would like to play this game without always needing to reset, especially because resetting characters reset attributes. It doesn’t really solve the problem of ToS. There are so many MMORPG with big patches that affect the gameplay of classes, but because the core of the game is working as intended, no need to rank reset.

Yeh we noticed you were against rank resets since the beggining and you’re now hard trying to save the face, because not a single thing you said was true and you’re butthurt dear IMC listened to people you disagree with :wink:.

Our life will not end, we’re enjoying our life and keep playing other games or doing more important stuff… You’re about to reach the godwin point with this “argument”. It’s not because there are more important things that you cannot try to fix what is less important. It clearly doesn’t work this way. Plus we already shown we personnaly don’t chase the meta and you keep going with that.

He didn’t cherry pick actually, you’re the one since the beggining that is totally off-topic for few answers. Plus you don’t want to attack anyone but your behavior show the total opposite, just read what you say because you clearly don’t pay attention to your own ways to communicate.

1 Like

I will change my phrasing. You say you don’t want to follow meta, right? With what criteria did you build your main character’s rank composition? What do you use it for, and why do you NEED a rank reset?

1 Like

I like rank resets because I am satan.

1 Like

Do you or do you not feel that druid3s deserve a reset due to the major changes to lycan?

I will reply, as dunno if amber has druid3 (but i do tho).
Yes, i feel it does. And you know, i will get it :slight_smile: same as everyone else. From event that comes in a week. And this will be more than enough at least for me (though i doubt there are many players with 4+ druids on their accounts). and i would say this is the only class in my opinion whose rework would deserve the reset (yeah i do have kabba and ranger and what not).
3 resets next week + at least one more when exo/piper comes to iToS. plenty of time to plan wisely
and just in case you say that someone has 20+chars how about them… i bet they still actively play with 3-4 at max, the rest are just saalus/event bonuses at this point.

this is my opinion and that’s why i disagree with most of what you have written regarding no resets on ktos after revamp

I would actually reset INTO lycan for cute awoo

1 Like

What i’m curious to know is how many people here who want rank resets have characters with circles in Ranger, Wugushi, Druid, and Kabbalist.

1 Like

In my case, I have 3 clerics and 4 archers:

Cleric1 Priest2 Pally2 Monk2 Zealot1 Inqui1
Cleric2 Bokor3 Miko Kabba3
Cleric2 Krivis3 Druid2 Taoist2

Archer3 Wugu1 Appraiser SR3 BM1
Archer3 QS3 Musk3
Archer1 Ranger3 Rogue1 Falc2 Hakka2
Archer2 Sapper2 Fletcher3 Mergen2

I only need a reset for the Inquisitor, since that build only got nerfed since I picked it. Malleus is dead, so no more super enhanced punches on bosses and the healing rework is bad for this character.

My other clerics are very happy with the rework. Now my Kabbalist will have other sources of damage (Merkabah getting stronger and Nachhash added) and Bokor keeps flying off the nerf radar with one of the best debuffs in the game for PvE. My Taoist is also getting stronger. Chortasmata getting bigger is one of the things I’ve always wanted and I’m also getting a new damaging skill.

Concerning my archer characters, I don’t need to reset them, but I’d like to swap classes between my characters, like turn my SR3 into SR3 Hakka1 (could do it with rank down) and turning my Hakka2 into a BM2 with Sapper and Wugu in the build (would need a rank reset for that). My Mergen would be the character I’d make some experiments. I miss playing Scout3, so I’d test Ranger3 Scout3 Mergen2 first. Ranger has conditional cooldown reductions and Mergen2 skills are finally good, so maybe that would work. If it turns out to not be really viable, I’d reset it again to Ranger3 Fletcher3 Mergen2 since I already like Fletcher.

You see, thats the thing that some of us have issue with (global resets).

The resets you want to use are on classes that aren’t affected (if at all) by this change, or… no resets are required because they’re either buffed C3, or filler (which there really isn’t any other choice -anyway-)

Which is why there is so much ‘meta-chasing’ being thrown about.

If this follows the QS/Falc free reset, then it’d seem that…
A3/Wug1/App/SR3/BM1
A1/R3/Rog1/Falc2/Hak2
C2/Bok3/Miko/Kab3
C2/Kriv3/Druid2/Tao2

Only the above 4 would be getting a rank reset, and you were only going to reset the Hakka (And not because of the changes even :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Not really a problem. The only character I need to reset is the Inquisitor, but we’ll get a rank reset with Exorcist and Pied Piper probably coming together with the rework, so this build does fine until then (can keep my partymates alive and can deal damage too thanks to Monk and Inqui in the build).

A rank reset event would be good for me to try different builds for the Bullet Marker and the Mergen. If we’re really going to receive the blessed gem exchange shop event, it’ll probably be enough to try some builds for those two characters. In either case, they already do the job for what I use those alts for (mostly CM, guild boss and Saalus).

Am I the only one wishing Shepherd was released instead of Exorcist?

4 Likes

I’m not asking if you want to reset into druid for aesthetic reasons, I’m asking do you feel druid deserves a reset for the major lycan nerf?

@Veldt that’s exactly the point here. We aren’t asking for global resets, we want resets for the affected classes. That’s been stated multiple times in this thread.

When qs and falc got their changes and a reset, other archer classes were not screaming for a reset also. Actually, they were screaming for buffs. (A shame that hunter and hakka still haven’t gotten touched qq.) Mind you, qs and falcs got a free reset.

We are saying that the classes affected by this changes need a reset. I specifically have said that wugu, kabba, and druid deserves a reset a the most. They’ve had skills removed, added, skills moved to different circles, and for druid, had a circle completely destroyed.

yes and no.
While I really like the concept of Shepard, I think it was bloody time that a strong holy property magic-based Cleric would come to the table;
It’s so much needed since all big bad bosses are dark property, and it should be the Clerics job to deal with them, not the other Classes’.

This is precisely what happened.
They added the Class and it instantly convinced me, since it is the only good option against dark property HP sponges, that this Class will prevent more Clerics to throw in the towel.
It also brings back Cleric as a main damagedealer option. Not too shabby in my opinion.

Not to forget that it enables full-support builds (SPR-based) to have some damage in the upper Ranks, making their characters viable for the actual game rather than being the buff shop in the city or the scrollmaker.

3 60 days reset vouchers for any of your characters.
2 full months to think about your new, shiny builds for your main characters!

1 Like

Good time to farm 300 blessed shards to get them XD.

Remember to buy the vouchers on the characters you want them on.

Pls no whine when you make a mistake

3 Likes

Well, we’ll get ALL of our shards back. I’m a 99% free player (just bought 2 slots, a token and a couple of colored lenses…) and I have a trans 6 weapon, all four pieces of armor trans 5. I can choose to use all my shards and gems to transcend stuff, or “sacrifice” 10 gems for a reset on a char…

(I’m actually considering deleting my poor cleric darling for a future pied piper more than resetting but that’s off topic :tired:)

That is a good point. Unfortunely there is no new mechanic from these classes ingame to reset at. Who knows if they will make within these 2 months…
Also, we have had rank reset at Swordie/Wizard reset and Cleric/Archer now being punish for no relevant reason.
Bummer

1 Like

I would be honestly very sad if the resets expired before the release of the changes, without new reset events. Let’s think of the best case scenario though ^^; I will be there to rant with you all in that case.