Tree of Savior Forum

Intense Balancing: Clerics, Archers and More!

It’s been a while, but today your dev team is back with another preview of some intense balancing changes we’re getting ready to introduce in a future content update.

6 Likes

can You made this game less “tree of cleric”?

L%5DCBAPA0GK8%40LV_9SL(H6T3

No rank reset? or just translated wrong ?

I hope this is just a mistranslation.

Need those rank resets to try out ranger changes.

Seed Bomb is a new skill that lets you plant an explosive seed on your party members (no, seriously).

Time to plant your seed on (in) your allies, everyone! :hey:
Then tie them up with Thorn… :heeey:
And follow that up with more (velnia) monkey business, with the new wugushi changes! :satisfaction:

And catering to anyone with an interest in ears and fur :distinguished:

Hope you don’t catch a Rash, though! :haha:

2 Likes

Yeah a bit of a shame, would have liked to experiment with ranger and fletcher after these changes.

Can you please explain this to me? Sorry I didn’t quite get this:

Ein Sof
The HP increase in this attribute may be cut in half, but with these changes, the SP restoring effects of Ein Sof: SP Recovery apply over 10 whole seconds.

Apply over 10 whole seconds?

Thanks in advance!

As the gameplay of said Classes didn’t really change, there will be no Rank Resets for the balance update.

However, there will be at least 2 Rank Resets coming with Exorcist and Pied Piper, so nothing to fear.

3 Likes

need rank resets
need rank resets

1 Like

The translation is correct. Those will be the items provided to characters affected by the balance update but @Asriel mentioned something interesting… :rofl:

1 Like

To be fair, the original ktest patch about cleric/archers class did not mention anything about rank reset also.

Rank resets were given with the new classes introduction.

1 Like

You can see the effect in Nekorins video inside the Kabbalist Overview thread [post 961].

The skill basically restores the SP now over 10 seconds, with each second recovering 1/10 of the original value.
Still bad if you ask me, none is going to be able to utilize this, even if they spam all their skills, since it recovers so many SP per tick.

If the recovery time was 25 to 60 seconds, it could be actually useful, but with the recovery amounts still being so large, the attribute value didn’t only not increase but in fact decrease, since the base amount of HP gained by Ein Sof is already halved by the balance patch, so you’ll only have 1/4 of the current HP after patch if you activate this attribute [they might as well have changed it to increase the SP pool instead of HP pool and boost the recovery accordingly].

2 Likes

Pls include rank resets for archer/cleric class. The last swordsman and mage big changes there are rank resets. So this should be no different. Dont be biased against archer and cleric tree pls =.=

2 Likes

I also don’t understand why we got rank resets on the swordsman and wiz balance patch but not now. There are multiple characters I want to reset because of these changes, it just feels like a dirty money grab by IMC forcing people to buy rank resets if we don’t like our build anyone after the changes and would like to change or try the other changed classes.

1 Like

with those changes I will have to delete 8 archers ahahh 2 of which have appraiser in the build >.< damn doing those again is pain.

Thank for clarifying this!

This is not biased at all. Nothing really changed so much that you’d have to consider changing your Class entirely.

The only reason why anyone would need a Rank Reset with these changes is because they want to jump onto a new meta.

If you didn’t choose any of the affected Classes you don’t lose anything from this update.
Nothing changed for you.
Ergo is the logical conclusion that there will be no Rank Reset for you.

Look at Swordsman, did the Corsairs recieve a Rank Reset? Did the Peltastas/Rodeleros recieve a Rank Reset? No. Only Shinobi because Shinobi changed a lot, so people were given the chance to overthink their choice.

Wizard was another thing because they overhauled the complete Wizard Class tree. Resets were given so people could test out the new Wizard gameplay [which also has skill combos, something Archer&Cleric basically don’t have]& skill interactions/performance.
I don’t see this overhaul here.

Kabbalist was a little nerfed & adjusted (more damage&heal, less support for the same points),
Healing was adjusted to cater the meta-Rangers with low CON,
Ranger,Fletcher&Wugushi got more damage.
That’s basically it.

You are contradicting yourself here.
First of all, there is no way that these changes make you dislike your affected Class [unless you’re Kabbalist maybe].
If you did dislike it, you would have most likely just abandoned it already by using the rollback function.

The one and foremost reason why people ask for a Reset Voucher/event is because they saw the nice buffs and want to jump onto the new meta [i.e. the bandwagoners].

Treating your selfish desire as a righteous cause to call IMC money-grabbers is pretty much despicable.

Also, how can they grab money if the Rank Reset package is one time-purchase only?
This effectively prevents grabbing for money like e.g. Cherry Credits did & still does with reset items for Dragon Nest (where the meta changed that much every cap that it made your character either godlike or near useless, so people had to buy reset vouchers to change their Classes and/or skills).

5 Likes

Hey @STAFF_Letitia, if there is no rank reset when this changes pop in, expect a player less at this game.

When you choose a build, you have to consider every class at the way; this kind of class changes also changes your build plans, we can’t predict what changes they will bring next, so no rank reset is not fair.