Tree of Savior Forum

Intense Balancing: Clerics, Archers and More!

That’s how it works IRL.

1 Like

I wouldn’t equate this situation to real world laws, personally…

2 Likes

Really? Is this what people want? How many people are actually arguing for such a thing? Really?

Your point is mute. The FACT is that QS got less changes than Ranger and it got a reset while ranger didn’t. Our opinion here doesn’t matter, it’s about what IMC actually did. If QS got a reset cause 1 skill got buffed, why shouldn’t ranger get a reset when 6 out of its 7 skills gets buffed?

Druid 3 got destroyed. Are you seriously saying that even druids don’t deserve a reset? QS gets a reset when a buff goes from 23sec to 300 sec. Druid has a buff go from 300 sec to 30sec and ppl cant even see why druids want a reset. This is ridiculous.

On top wugu and kabba getting skills removed and moved to different circles, ppl still think they don’t deserve a reset. If that or the druid changes doesn’t warrant a reset than what does?

IMC thinks these MAJOR changes do not warrant a reset, even though they gave out resets for less.

4 Likes

Your life will surely end for not being able to respec your character in the perfect meta way instead of finding a way to make that build work UNTIL THE NEXT RESET AT LEAST. Because you’ll get lots of them in the next months, but I bet you don’t read those filthy ktos update patches. Well.

2 Likes

Let it go they will give you excuses and explanations to justify everything lol.This won’t be the first or last time they whine over rank reset and if you notice is the same forum names that keeps popping up when it comes to reset and get all sensative if 1 person disagree.

Not like IMC doesn’t give them rank resets all you have to is wait for those events to get the reset.Deal with the changes until next time IMC gives an event.I do not believe in rank resets because of revamps or mini changes…learn to adapt or make a new character…or wait for a reset where you need to earn it.

Most of them want the reset now with the update to hop on the Meta train as soon as possible before they nerf something because this update was mostly buffs and monk adjustments with no nerfs.

Muhhh meta chasing strawman. Holy moly, you both are a broken record. Keep going with your personal crusade, it’s getting ridiculous already.

Are you serious? You don’t know what a precedent is? It isn’t only used in the court, here’s a definition by a dictionary: “an example or instance used to justify later similar occurrences”. It’s related to being FAIR. If you decide to benefit a single party in a situation X and you decide for some unknown reason that another party won’t be benefited in the same situation X, you’re being UNFAIR, you’re breaking a precedent you yourself created.

1 Like

By your statement, if a game or company or individual makes a mistake you believe they should continue to make the same mistake regardless of new information, better judgement, or different circumstances simply because they did so in the past.

If that is correct I strongly disagree with that statement and ideology and I believe we should strive to learn from our mistakes. However, I’m not here to argue. You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am mine.

1 Like

I didn’t say that, don’t put words in my mouth. The precedent is to allow people to change their builds when big changes are made in the game (combat system revamp in May '17, R9 update and Wizard and Shinobi changes). If you think that was a mistake, then that’s your opinion, not mine. Not only you don’t understand the meaning of that word, you want to distort it because you have no arguments. Is it really that bad that people want to be treated equally and feel wronged when others get something and they don’t?

3 Likes

At this point I feel it fair to assume the following, one, you’re not paying attention to what I’m saying, but instead choosing to reply to things you feel attacked over, and two, you’re incapable of having a productive discussion with me, due to [language] barriers and/or choice.

Simply because something has happened in the past does not make it the precedent or even the standard, as these two situations are not apples to apples. Beyond that, precedent can change to allow laws and policies to adapt over time as a proper authority sees fit. Neither you nor I are that authority.

I never meant to put any words in your mouth, I simply inferred from your selective use of precedent in your arguments above. Either way, I hope you have a wonderful day and experience in spite of all of this!

3 Likes

Wow so smart. Hardly see people tryhard nowadays to write perfect sentences.

1 Like

This discussion feels a bit silly when it seems like we’re getting a bunch of resets soon anyway (even more if you aren’t going to reset into the new classes).

I also find the meta-chaser argument funny. Personally, I don’t think these changes will make ranger-fletcher meta, I would just like to try the changes. True though, getting a new character to fletcher wouldn’t take long.

4 Likes

It is silly. It is unfair to not treat Cleric and Archer players the same way they treated the Wizard players, but it would also be unfair to the kTOS players if they changed their position and make a rank reset event only for us.

It is not confirmed yet if we’ll really get the blessed gem exchange shop event, so I wouldn’t really expect that, although it’ll be important to mitigate the impact on the economy due to the huge amount of blessed gems that will be returned with the transcendence revamp. From what the staff said, the only thing “confirmed” (or hinted) is that we’ll receive 2(?) rank reset vouchers with the Pied Piper+Exorcist patch in the same way it was given to kTOS players.

It isn’t even an argument, it’s a lack of it. When people have no arguments, they resort to the good and old strawman. At the beginning of the topic, the complaints were aimed at IMC, there was no reason for some forum names come to protest against those asking for resets since they wouldn’t be harmed or affected in a negative way if IMC conceded.

1 Like

This community is so… depressing.
What’s the big deal ? What will giving out free rank resets change ?
What kind of twisted logic is this “You should just keep playing whatever you chose, even if they change the skills, at what circle the skills are available, how they scale or how they work” ?
Seriously. You guys get NO BENEFIT from people NOT being able to reset, why does it matter to you ? Why are you so against people being able to change their builds when there are changes ?
It’s disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing as it brings literally nothing to you guys.

And even if some people do indeed constantly switch to the metas… How is this relevant in any way to you ? Player A went from X build to meta build. Wow ! Such a big deal, indeed ! It’ll completely change the life of all the players, huh ?
Those players constantly switching aren’t even the ones who stick with the game anyway. The ones who stick with the game and keep it alive are the ones who play the builds they enjoy.
But hey, better frustrate them by constantly changing skills/classes so they’ll definitely quit, I guess :wink:

If IMC doesn’t kill the players’ patience, we can always count on other players to do it.

2 Likes

It’s not about the meta. It’s about a circle clearly getting nerfed and IMC deeming that nerf unwarranted for a reset. Yet imc will buff a circle (qs3) and give them a reset. Class gets nerfed = no reset. Class gets buffed = free reset.

Emphasis on free, qs and falc didn’t have to pay blessed shards or anything for that reset. Heck, you didn’t even have to have qs3 to get that reset.

1 Like

I think a well structured post is easier and more pleasant to read and as a result it garners more [positive] attention from readers. That’s more or less the reason why I do it. Also, thank you.

The most lucid post of this debate is unnecessary and unnecessary until now. I fully agree with what you said. People are here to disagree because they do not want to agree because … why even? The closed head of the staff here borders on authoritarianism. You do not have the right to do what you want, just what they tell you to do. Free choice for what, right? Play as everyone plays and be unhappy!

Actually wouldn’t mind a rank reset :sob: I have 2 Druid C3s and thinking of switching one of them out of Druid altogether thanks to the massive nerf to lycanthropy duration.

Argument was about rank resets, not attribute/stat/skill

Ah well withdrawn, nvm

Yeah, my mistake

/2020

Is this is why we can never have nice things :prince: