Tree of Savior Forum

IMC, What are you doing? -- a thread

No, this is NOT a bot report thread

It’s supposed to be an awareness thread, but you guys are already aware of this, so it isn’t that either…

A “DO SOMETHING” thread, perhaps?

Anyway, to start, current number of active players when I roamed with my BM:
And with my Falc:

Note that I didn’t take SS of every bot/macro, but you get the idea.

Let’s start with El Classico Demon Prison D2

And another classic, Bee Farm.

Lhadar

And from here on out, my Falc, Workshop to start:

Solitary Cells…wow, are you serious IMC? all bots are stacked here and yet…?

Storage, wow there’s some bots here too?

Kalejimas…

Some low level HG…Neighport…are you a newbie? If yes, then let me tell you something, these are the source of card albums.

Timerys…you think they are grinding parties? LOL NOPE

Zeteor Coast…oh look, see that nimrah orb price drop? you now know why? See how bots can easily destroy something in the market?

Tevhrin 5…lol main quest area bots, they know they’ll got spotted, but who cares because they’re left alone, right?

Tevhrin 4 Oh they can even kill the boss here sometimes

Tevhrin 3

Tevhrin 1, not botting at 2 because they’re getting rekt by spiral arrow

Svalpinghas oh look, mindless squirrels vs mindless bots

Nheto, squirrels vs skeletons part 2

Emmet Forest, Basically Solitary Cells 2.0

Now, this is just from ONE SERVER, Telsiai.

I haven’t visited all maps yet, I could easily spot at the very least 200 if I visit all maps with bots including low level HG from every channel, match that with our current active player count I posted above.

IMC…WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

19 Likes

On Silute they were doing daily patrol on Solitary Cells and banning the bots there, I don’t know if they stopped now…
I thought they were doing the same in all servers. Bot patrol is one thing that they always need to do, maybe hire someone to do this job. It’s insane the amount of bots you screenshoted.
Would help if you write down all bots name and report them, GM Francis check the report threads everyday.

I’ve heard from some friends that they’re also getting unbanned by the way, and doing the same thing again.

While i have no proof of that I definitely know one guy who got unbanned, he DID have a lot of TP purchases…

I only report via right click report bot function, if that isn’t working anymore might as well remove it

They are not getting perma banned, it’s a 3 days only ban as far as I know. Maybe they get perma by the 2nd or 3rd ban, I honestly don’t know. 3 days is a stupidly short time, should be 15 or 30 days at least and if the player get caught cheating again apply permaban.
I don’t think this report buttom is working or maybe they don’t check our reports.

because there is not danger for the buyer, i mean they only ban gold sellers most of time the gold shouter, rarely the bot and pretty rare the seller.

and since bots are just a resource it can be renewed (and “begginer events” also help them") then gold sellers can afford losing 1 or 2 bots. ist not a big thread anyway. we also know they dont ban the “client” that buy Gold, you can see those clients selling useless items for a ridicoulous amount of silver. nobody report them and if they do it just 1-2 people giving enough time to the client to get his item bought by the gold seller.

IMC can easily track this by just looking items to odd prices. they can ban the client for 2 weeks and if they do it again get perma ban.

ban the client then the client know there is a risk then few people would think about if they buy gold or not. but knowing IMC and their patrolling round around 3-4am server hour. and rarely in 9-10pm server. well you can expect IMC would barely do anything agaisnt these bot.

Another alternative to fight RMT is just implement a market like Spiral Knights did have. Energy (premium) to crown (game currency) or Crown to Energy. let user buy TP with silver and let user sell TP for silver. let also user to set up the prices of TP and well now you can trade your TP for Silver or viceversa. because honestly selling premium items besides token for silver is kinda hard and isnt a surprise that users prefeer to buy silver from those RMT because well, Premium only worth when leticias and goddess cubes come around

It’s because they’re only banning forum reports (which is by the way, very slow) and by the time they did the backup necro bots are ready.

A random daily patrol could help solve majority of this, but look at solitary cells and emmet, they’re happy.

seems that they couldn’t even afford a staff to do some patrolling anymore.

A player report isn’t even needed to find these things…

One thing which I would like to ask the staff is… is there a shortage of manpower in helping to prune these bots?

Check out the banlist, see the amount of times Klaipeda gets a reported banlist vs Telsiai. Our last banlist update is 23 March 2018, 1 month ago.
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/c/news/banlist

1 Like

It’s nice and all someone is continuously reporting these guys, but you know some are ‘against-bots’ but taking advantage of what these bots are doing. Fking hypocrites.

It’s gone bad to the point where I know some people that used to hate bots are now using them too, because they’re NOT getting banned at all.

And you will know how the RMT procedure works here, they’re not telling you to put one item at…for let’s say, over 100M because the silver is scattered through many necro bots.

@Nekorin
seems to be the case, because there is absolutely no reason that the bots are still there if we have enough manpower.

It’s not like they don’t know, we know they’re not that dumb.

I don’t like to say this but is it TP protection (accused botters being tp purchasers—getting unbanned too)?

A simple lack of manpower? In a span of 5 hours a day you could exterminate a large mass of these bots…they can’t even spare that much right now.

The “Report Bot” button is definitely useless. I decided to use the bot report section on the forum, so far so good, every bot i have reported has been permanently banned in Klaipeda server. Same applies to people’s behavior in-game. Sending ticket doesn’t seem to work whatsoever. Whenever i report someone on the forum for Racism, Xenophobism, harassment, hatred etc, they either chat ban them or ban for X days.

@GM_Francis Can you enlighten us, why is this treatment different for Telsiai compared to Klaipeda?

Considering that Telsiai has 100x times more bots than Klaipeda server, maybe i just answered myself, i know for a fact that they lack of manpower since they also do translation for game content a.k.a Onmyoji/Retiari classes that should come out soon.

i see them everywhere lol, i have more interactions with bots than players

some of them are actually good for farming really dense maps since they help circulate and redistribute the mobs, creating better spawn rates lol

i remember leveling in jonael with a bot and almost always encountering tons of mobs since i would just be one step ahead of its path and let it clear out any left overs, to circulate spawn.

its funny since this was the same bot over 2 characters i leveled lol.

Yep, some of these bots are very old.

From my DP2 screenshot, one of them was there before I quit last year, now I came back after a year and he’s still there.

And to IMC Staff, please have an official statement regarding Report Bot function. At this point I already know it’s a useless button but we still need an official statement on it or why it’s still there…?

At least francis does his job a little, but we know it’s not enough right now.

True, however…

Banning them means they have to level another bot using whatever script, may take 1-3 days. And that bot won’t be able to do its job of being able to RMT yet if it’s a new account.

They can keep it coming, to do the point where creating a new bot is obvious and is on lower level maps, then they can be banned from there until they can no longer profit, leading to a waste of time.

This is a tedious method to deal with bots, but proven to be effective.

I remember bots in RO2 were DNA farming and getting manually banned repeatedly until they stopped. It works, but requires a lot of effort.

The Necro bots start to function at around rank 5 with Sorc taken, and is very effective starting rank 8 with necro 3.

Botting with a necro doesn’t really require a good software, I could actually set it up myself right now using a simple razer software or rog software bundled up with my peripherals.

This lazy company can spare a employee/intern for 1h daily patrols across the maps only to hunt bots?
1h per server daily can minimize the issue. But nooo, let the players do the JOB bcus IMC are to lazy to do that. So we PAY and we do THEY work, hunting bots, makes sense.

While I do admit I don’t do manual bot reporting (posting bot reports on forums)

This doesn’t really give them an excuse to ignore bots.

With all the Popular low level grinding areas (upto timerys) filled with bots, this gives newbies an incredibly disgusting impression of the game. The newbies I’ve invited long ago always asked if botting is allowed because of this…

Either way, I already gave my fair share of pointing them the popular bot spots (as if they didn’t know already)… that alone is a big help.

3 Likes

If you cant beat them, join them. Easier that way.

Yes, this is why some people I know already started botting themselves.

Hence, the increase in botters.

We have the standard asdfqwdas bots and the properly named bots, go figure.

It’s funny they have all these anti bot measures that literally do nothing but hurt real players and kept adding/implementing more.

The story of an overweight archer using masinios bow farming neuk leathers…actually, leaving them behind…

Screenshot of him selling neuk leathers which is enough proof that he isn’t supposed to leave them.

!

Me actually chatting with him

!

7 Likes

Quality game management.
Quality service.

imc%20quality%20service

3 Likes

Something I’ve learned and detected through watching bots all this time (I’m talking about those cryo sorcerer necro ones) is that when they cast ice pike in threvin stalactite cave for example, somehow I don’t know why they most of the time hit monsters off their range by one side of the map to another… suddendly you’re walking and you see mobs freezing by no reason and the bot’s like 50 miles away from it, perhaps that’s part of the botting/hack program they’re using?