Tree of Savior Forum

iDreamy's Guide to Scout C3

I go for Mergen because the skill, power and remember dreaming I am a full STR so I have low evasion and low def and HP I can’t go near the mobs for hit them it better Attack from a place far

I just want to say I followed this guide and it was a blast! Thanks @Dream for this guide. Though my stat allocation was dex heavy I can still do my 145 dungeon runs in 20-25 mins each. Plus feint barrage combo is godly. Although I’m not sure how it will fare on 280+ content (im sure it is weaker) and which rank 8 should I get so I’m still here waiting for reviews lol and I’m just keeping it as a farmer for now. Hope you’ll come back!

@Dream This is a fantastic build that I think a lot of people sleep on or think is weak because of a lack of knowledge about skill combos. If I’m not mistaken, mergen’s arrow rain skill can be captured. Combine double rain and double flare, plus the aoe burst filler for split arrow, and a supposed single-target dps 0cd move in mergen’s future cycles… does this make mergen the optimal choice for r8?

Feint+Barrage does not fall off due to the reason that it’s mainly composed of modifiers. Like I keep mentioning, at Lv100 Attribute, Feint+Barrage does a total of 6000% of your PATK, yes we talk in “percentage”, not “fixed”. As long as this combo retains it’s extremely high modifier, it will never fall off and would just keep scaling, stronger and stronger as your PATK goes even higher.

No worries if you didn’t follow the guide fully. My guide should be taken with a pinch of salt. Even my own character which I haven’t resetted yet has high DEX investment, I think it’s still 3 STR : 1 DEX.

That’s a very good decision to wait and see first how Mergen and Hackapell fares. So far though, I’m on Hackapell’s side.

Capture is indeed amazing yet underrated. My only issue with Mergen is it seems the skills are mostly lacklustre and comes with really long cooldowns. At the moment, I’m convinced that Hackapell seems better than Mergen, we will see though. I’m just lurking around the forums for now.

[quote=“checho3413, post:1184, topic:266089”]
I go for Mergen because the skill, power and remember dreaming I am a full STR so I have low evasion and low def and HP I can’t go near the mobs for hit them it better Attack from a place far
[/quote]True, but from what I see, KR players are still able to get this absurd amount of defense where they can just facetank mobs. I only saw on Lv290 dungeon though where they take 1 damage, not sure about other high level content.

BTW
Almost all new skill of every archer class in rank8 right now except Mergen/SR3 = Fake multi hit.

AS far I know only Cannoner’s Cannonade has been fix in kr already. (Maybe Musketeer got fix too but idk because I never know about Musketeer C2 has fake multi hit skill).

So right now best multi hit in rank8 = Mergen’s Koochaksal, Tripple Arrow, Arrow Sprinkle (idk how many hit after use with capture).

For Hakka IDK they got fix yet. as far I know. They just fix about back stab can use by sword weapon too, A skill like barrage can stack arrow.

Musket2 birdfall and volley fire are still fake multi-hit.
Cannon barrage will change into true multi hit. But moving bazooka mode is removed.

Hakka
Hakka arrow stack -> sword skills are fake multihit, each stack grants +10% damage to the skill. However crit is displayed strangely for this skill.
Calculation of fake multihit, with help from rei: Fletcher3, Best Rank 8 Option discussion
and Fletcher3, Best Rank 8 Option discussion

Moreover:

1. Cavalry charge & Storm bolt damage based on Crossbow only
  2. Sharkhugging damage based on sword damage only
    From: [Future rank 8] Job & Skill test info from Korea - (closing soon)

Mergen all true multihits.
Falconer sonic strike still fake multihit.

1 Like

Very useful info. Makes me wonder why there’s so many rants how Mergen is underwhelming.

iDreamy mergen vs boss, using rogue capture on flare & arrow rain => flare & arrow rain => feint & barrage from behind.
Vs cerberus dungeon 200 boss:

I forgot to mention sr3 however they are in good spot.

3 Likes

So there are actually some KR players who did the exact same build as mine? Then again, I shouldn’t be surprised cause KR players min-max alot too. Thanks for the video~

1 Like

btw Dreamy, tokens are tradable now ,(alternatively soloing the 145dung will give you about 330k per run) u might find someone willing to sport you a token, then access yours in the storage and trade them back :stuck_out_tongue:

I have 3 spare tokens. I’m just not sure if I should come back to the game.

1 Like

Pls come back, i follow your guide from the beginning until now. And i really want to do it further, so pls come back

@Dream Coming back or not is all up to you, which you obviously know. If the game gave you a good time, then why not try it again for a bit? It doesn’t have to be now, or later, or ever. Just whenever you feel like it. Taking breaks or leaves from games isn’t bad at all.

The magic and the hype are gone, I haven’t played for over 2 months now, and every time I try to come back, the game is just boring, it feels like it has nothing to offer. I have almost 1k TPs which is 10 tokens, my FF & Dreamy’s scout have enough xp cards to hit R8 but why bother if the game is dull and buggy?

You can continue it to an R8 class you think fits your playstyle best. Honestly, the core of the build was already explained, any new update or upgrade to the build are just cherry on top.

Well the thing is, for the first 2 months of ToS, I was already trying to be patient. I continued playing even though I feel like dropping the game already, I thought I’d give IMC a chance like what I do on other games as well.

I’m not the type to make pauses on my progress on games I play especially if I’m serious on the game. So it’s really just be patient or quit. I chose to quit because IMC just keeps disappointing me over and over. I’m not gonna mention everything but the part where I patched the game recently, logged in just to find out that team storage is now walled by premium was like a big slap by IMC “again”. I’m saying is that IMC keeps doing these things over and over instead of actually fixing their goddamn game.

[quote=“stalker.rick, post:1197, topic:266089”]
but why bother if the game is dull and buggy?
[/quote]The game pace is indeed still uber slow. They need to make the skills feel like there are actual combos, make it fluid etc. like I mentioned on my feedback thread. Anyways, I have too many things to say but I’ll stop there.

Just to make it clear to everyone, no, I decided not to come back. I forgot to mention it few days ago.

1 Like

For health reasons, do not get in just right now unless you want to get to 330 fast. Then i would say, get to 330 and give it a bit more of time for bugs to vanish a bit.

edit

Sorry didnt read the post above.

i’d recommend waiting until rank 10 before thinking about coming back, to avoid making mistakes with class choices and hopefully more bugs fixed.

Then again the VGA crashing has gone on over a week and IMC still not bothered to do a urgent maintenance on it…

iDreamy scout build solo dungeon 290:

3 Likes

weird…331DEX rogue1, will be overcritchance when using sneakhit

I can’t fully compare it to the Dragoon or Falcon-Mergen builds I watched when it comes to mob clearing because I’m lazy to rewatch but one thing is for sure, that build still just shreds bosses especially compared to Dragoon, Dragoon is a joke on boss.

I also would like to comment on squeezing in Falconer instead of Rogue on this build. That one is also a joke, main reason is because you can just invest on getting AOE ratio and still perform almost like you have Falconer. The only good thing about Falconer is not needing AOE ratio gears.