Tree of Savior Forum

Ice Wall + Ice Blast for those interested

Hey there. Your post is a life saver and yes im one of those interested in the ice blast combo. I created a non meta build of wiz3cryo3 with the intention of dmg+utility but neither a top dps or a pure support. I have asked this question everywhere without getting a response. Since you have first hand experience with cryo3 and ice blast. I want to ask:

Should i take kino for pp on my icewall… Great dmg for boss and aoe, long cd, need proper setup.

Or linker for ice tree link blast combo ? Not sure if the dmg is meh like that. But linker is good utility as well.

Basically my choices after wiz3cryo3 is rank 7 kino/link and rank 8 sage/ enchanter. Is enchanter worth just for enchant lightning? Or sage for MH

Edit: Also would u take more than 1 lvl iceblast??

I’m wiz3cryo3runecaster1thauma1.
I’m thauma exclusively for self buffing my railgun and i would never pick it up.

If i ever were to change thauma to something less of a meme, i may as well go kino because my ice wall deals a shitton of damage with rune of ice. 2 days ago i did 290 with a monk3. We killed armaos (2,5M HP monster with i think 600-800) MDEF, in less than a second for sure, and i’d say 0,4 seconds.
We were faded and could set it up easily.

For this reason i’m going to ask you: What do you want on your build?.
If you want burst damage i would go rune caster and kino next ranks.
Rune caster gives you 1/3 uptime on +300% ice damage, which is really big.

If you want more utility, as sage or enchanter: Sage if the classic missile hole, it’s great, and awesome, and you also get portals.
If you combine Having missile hole + Subzero shield, you will be dodging ranged attacks and freezing melee attackers. Looks like a good self defensing combo.

I think microdimension ice walls do not trigger shards, i think i tried it before, when r8 was released, but i have noidea if it has been changed or i’m wrong about it. But i’m pretty sure it triggers Ice blast damage.

For enchanter: you have a possible free buff selling shop, which may give you some AFK money i guess, you don’t really have any useful scrollable skill, i think you could scroll MM but i don’t know if there would be buyer

But the most important reason to pick enchanter would be for me the “Freezing attribute” and Enchant lightning, giving your teammates a 50% damage boost pretty much against all frozen enemies, in which remember, it excludes bosses. bosses can’t be frozen.

As for rank7: I would personally go Rune Caster, really.
First reason is, it has been buffed on Ktos for even less cooldowns, and teh anouncement has been made on our ToS too, so the buffs may come soon. This makes the already strong and powerfull runes less cooldown.

Rune caster skills are all about killing a big number of mobs, and since you have Frozen Pillar + Sleep, getting monsters togheter stack them up and use rune of destruction or new rune of justice should be easy and effective.

As for Linker, i have not ever tried linker with cryo, but it’s a safe pick since you are wizard3 already, so you have the Magic Missile bomb.

Whatever you pick it has it’s pros, but of course you will have left something else out.

I hope this few Pros on each class guide you a little.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the response. Detailed response there and i really appreciate the insights. Basically sage mh and subzero is what made me choose sage in the first place. Blocking range and reducing melee dmg. Enchanter is less attractive since the lightning only works on frozen mobs and not bosses obviously, but what makes it even less attractive is because i have a squire hahahah.

For rc… The long cd is what throws me off. And as far as i know it only boost ice skills and is most useful if coupled with a kino.

So iceblast 1 is enough yea? And if i create new icewalls via microdimension, will it expire together with the old walls or start with its own duration?

Since I am not Sage, i cannot answer that question right now. Try to get a Cryo3Chrono3Sage in game to test ice wall + dimension interactions, don’t know if it takes into account the +10s duration from the new attribute. That will enlighten you better than me. Also, share your discoveries here please :slight_smile:

It’s better lvl 1 ice blast, or if you want, try to put as much as you can WITHOUT taking points from other important skills. Cryomancers direct offensive skills (ice bolt, ice pike, ice blast, gust) don’t escale that well with skill level.

Any ideas where i can find the cd buffs for rune caster? Our announcement only includes rune of giants available skills.

When comparing the Rune caster skills in the Korean and our database, you see diferences in CD, element and overheat. It is in the korean patch too, you’d need to translate.

On this post it mentions all skill changes that have been happening for korea these last months:

This post is now no longer being changed i think, since last English patch on the 27th of December of 2016.

If you look at rune caster, those are the translation and information from korean database. As for example this one:

https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skills/21304 compared to https://tos.neet.tv/skills/21304

Rune of justice being holy and on 2 overheat.

That actually looks interestig. Wondwr if taking kino rc will make me lose out alot for not having sage. Btw really hate the fact that teleportation doesnt work with mouse mode cos i heard keyboard can choose the direction. Now kino just feels like its only for pp

with the cryo>kino>rc combo you have one of the strogest brst damage of the game, and with the cryo yo can deal well with the mobs, but sometimes this will be a problem, thats the think.

@pereyraibz with your current buid i ask to my self how you deal with the high hp mobs? this is ever the problem i see with cryo becase not have many area skills.

“I grind in parties bringing CC (ice tree / snow ball / sleep) and since i am full int thauma i transpose to have 90k HP and shrink body enemies to do less damage”.

As for soloing, i either use Rune of ice + Snow Rolling + SP POT to deal around 300k AoE, or SP pot + Rune of destruction or SP pot + Ice blast on top of ice wall on single target… (sp pot for my chappa proc)

It’s a low damage build compared to many other classes, so you will have a lot of problem to deal with big mobs.

You have some party utility, but less than a cryo3chrono3sage. I just thank god people accept me in their party and just show them my railgun whenever I can, so they understand that my shitty build can actually fill 1 role.

I must repeat: I AM NOT CRYO KINO, I’m a railgun builder, a build design to reach all possible self buffs (Quick Cast [50%] and Transpose + Animus as Full int [I am legit 0 CON all INT]), with the maximum amount of ice walls possible. So Wiz3, thauma1 and Cryo3 are a must for my purpose, and RC1 for rune of ice, even thought it could be given to me via another RC.

So i do not know if Cryokinos have as many problems as I had leveling. But i’m pretty sure if you simply cast Frozen pillar, then teleport away, create ice wall fast, use quick cast, and finally Phsychic Pressure (sp pot if you have chappa cards), you should be able to do with some what big mobs.

I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdtxeV5Ui3I

So, is this combo better than ice wall + PP?

Maybe something like this would work well:

What are you guys opinion?

I already said it: PP + Ice wall deals more damage, simply becasue of the amount of “hits” possible. You can shoot like 1000 ice wall shards if done properly, with monk, ice blast you cna max do 60.

For example, i do 1,5M on dullahan with Ice blast + Ice wall
I can one shot dullahan in less than the duration of an Energy blast, and that 12M.

Hey all, I just see new changes from ktos and here is a video that shows ice blast is stronger now but this could be better than IW+PP ? Maybe we can leave now kino for get better combos

Necromancer here, waking up thread.

I’m playing now Cryo3Ele3 Rc1

My ice blast reaches 200k damage on 7,5k MATK and 60 attribute points. A great new combo is Cryo + Elementalist (electrocute). Enoying the build a lot so far. Also freezing sphere is increased via rune of ice, so it also deals around 240k with that matk and rune. Electrocute can deal massive damage on frozen targets, and by massive, that is 700k. About ice shards, they are stronger than before for me. Shards have always been 100% MATK, and now that base MATK is higher cause of wepaons and int scaling, they should be stronger.

I love how Cryomancer can now shine in damage. Ice blast is more fun to use now. :slight_smile:

Also adding this here if anyone else curious.

Ice Wall + Ice Blast now will only proc once no matter how many walls you have.

Have you tried the same thing with Gust? I been having trouble deciding between Ice Blast and Gust. Blast does fast nukes but Gust hits 3 times on both enemies and wall, freezing things that aren’t already and can also do damage to unfrozen enemies. Cryomancer just has too many good skills. Maybe I should take points out of Ice Pike?

its no a hard choice…take em both xDDD

Actually I think I’m gonna and leave Pike and ice Blast at 1 for extra cc

is this combo bugged? ive been trying my rune of ice + icewall + iceblast. does 1 single hit dmg. no more than 20 depending on which mob, tried on boss also, also get 1 single hit dmg.not to mention the rune of ice became 150% instead of 300%…

Ice blast only hits targets once now, no matter how many walls are nearby ( How it works is the game pretends the enemy is frozen when near your wall/frost pillar, hence why it can only proc once, think before it was just making a small aoe around the icewall/fp) It also has a (8 i think) target cap now, so best way to use it is FP+IB for the biggest aoe area possible, Icewall is still great for cc and sharding thou.