Tree of Savior Forum

Ice Wall + Ice Blast for those interested

When using SP pot I reach 4k - 4,6k MATK on 75% attribute on ice blast.
Ice blast range from ice wall seems sloppy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajl5T9gxGKY range test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39TbRgS58RY dmg test

6 Likes

What’s ur ice blast level and how u distribute ur skill points?

Ice blast lvl 1, i have typical lvl 5 tree, snow rolling, 15 ice wall, 10 subzero, and otehr between ice pike, gust, ice blast cold bolt

So if I am understanding your video correctly, this works best if the walls are clustered together and very close to a mob? Then it would be an AoE nuke? But what’s the AoE limit of Ice Blast?

That I do not know, i will try to mob a shitton of monsters and see if like 10-20 take dmg

1 Like

Can you do this with the tree as well? :slight_smile:

Tree alone will only proc 3 ice blast hits, 1 per blast. I only wanted to do videos on ice wall bacause it has potential to do high damage. I have audra with Ice wall gem, lvl 18 ice wall, 19 walls, wanted to see how much dmg i could pull of.

Tree is just a simple low damage AoE, good for low lvl maps and not noticeable on really high maps.

Can anyone tell me if lv 15 ice blast will affect a lot of damage in comparison with lv 1? Or will it be just a couple hundreds of damage difference for each ice tile?

difference between lvl 1 and lvl 15 is from 149 to 796 = 647 damage per ice blast. If wiz3, it’s 150% so 970 and on ice rune + quick cast = 2264 dmg per cast. not taking into account Attributes, if 100% attribute then it’s 4,528 per ice blast, so if you wanna give up other skills for higher burst, you are gonna get it.
Next time just MATH, it’s ez and you can do it alone.

1 Like

Wasnt sure how the skill damage by skill level interact w/ multipliers before… thanks!

i will like to se tis comb doing by a linker cryo, loocks nice to diong wil icepick too (like joint>hangman>ice pick> ice blast)

I think Ice blast AoE attack ratio is 1, Since i tried the rune of ice + ice blast + ice wall in the middle 3 mobs, one didn’t die, and the other’s took 3 ice blasts to die, while in the video it takes 2 ice blasts to kill 1 mob.

Therefore the ice blast + ice wall combo is destined to single target burst.

Is your staff transcended? It seems like your ice blast is doing way more damage than what your listed multipliers would suggest.

If your ice blast is that strong, psychic pressure on that ice wall would deal comparable damage. Like 10k per shard.

When using a pot i’m between 4,6k MATK and 5k MATK, i’ts only stage 3 transcendence. And yeah, my ice wall - railgun combo deals a lot of damage.

Im getting confuse , if we have enougth magic atack we can deal similar damage with ice blast than IW+PP?

Ice Wall and PP and Ice blast interaction are different.

Ice Wall + PP = When hitting ice wall it throws 3 shards per tick of damage at wall. This shards go on multiple ways and impact with 1 AoE attack ratio, 1 per target. Therefore if enemy recieved all shards, you are doing 3 time shard damage and 100% MATK per shard. Shard are projectiles so you are interesed in having the monsters in one direction but not on top of you.
NO ATTRIBUTES FOR DAMAGE.

Ice Wall + Ice blast = deals damage to nearby enemies which I strongly believe is 1 AoE attack ratio too. Deals 1 tick of damage per Ice blast. You need to have enemies as close as possible to the ice wall, preferably on top, so they stop moving and attacking if you are far enough from their autoattack range.
CAN BE ATTRIBUTED.

When casting PP you can throw multiple shards at a target, and it’s pretty easy to deal more damage than the ice blast combo. For example:
8 ice walls 20hp. 20 ticks of PP on 8 walls throwing 3 shards each per tick is 480 shards. Which is a lot more damage than;

Ice Wall + Ice blast: 8 walls 3hp consumed by ice blast, ice blast on 3 overheat. 8 * 3 = 24 hits which can deal double the damage than 1 ice wall shard because it’s attributable.

If you can hit all shards PP + Ice wall is always better. I wouldn’t consider them as using one or the other, and even more cryo3, ice walls lasts more than PP, you can use both. The ice blast change was more directed to Cryo users without PP; who didn’t want to take a kino rank.

1 Like

this combo is pretty nice as i see but im not sure is it needs to have maybe a linker on the build as i see on the video down, and if it need linker how many ranks can be enought just one?

Do you consider Cryo3 Kino1 Link1 rc1 sage1/enchanter1 build is a good idea?

also, I dont know what works better for icewall pp combo, sage’s micro dimension, or enchanter’s enchant lightning…

As far as i know, sage microdimension created ice walls don’t shoot shards, so in that case enchanter would increase PP+Ice Wall damage the most.

I do not consider a cryoexclusive build a good DPS idea for soloing / competition. I did mine cause i have monk3 friends and guildmates. It does require also a lot of investment in gear to deal similar damage to other higher rank Classes, cause you have a really low skill base attack value.

I haven’t tried Link + Ice Wall/Blast combo, i guess it works, since it solves the problem of the 1 AoE attack ratio on Ice Blast, but remember to always link before casting icewall or you gonna ■■■■ up your combo.

AS for how many linker ranks you can get, well, it all depends on how many other things are you willing to give up for linker. If i’d do it, i would go link1 and try to get 1 dandel gem for 6 linked mobs, but i would’t invest more.

Bear in mind also, enchanter and Cryo3 work great togheter as “Supportive Build”, since when you freeze targets, if you get attribute, they take +50% damage from lightning, and enchant lightning makes melee and ranged attacks lightning property.

1 Like

Hey there. Your post is a life saver and yes im one of those interested in the ice blast combo. I created a non meta build of wiz3cryo3 with the intention of dmg+utility but neither a top dps or a pure support. I have asked this question everywhere without getting a response. Since you have first hand experience with cryo3 and ice blast. I want to ask:

Should i take kino for pp on my icewall… Great dmg for boss and aoe, long cd, need proper setup.

Or linker for ice tree link blast combo ? Not sure if the dmg is meh like that. But linker is good utility as well.

Basically my choices after wiz3cryo3 is rank 7 kino/link and rank 8 sage/ enchanter. Is enchanter worth just for enchant lightning? Or sage for MH

Edit: Also would u take more than 1 lvl iceblast??