Tree of Savior Forum

New cryo DPS build advice

I am with you to, for this i will go to w>cryo3>link2>rc>sage idk if im missing kino on this.

From my experience subzero shield sometimes makes you reflect 50% of the damage taken.

Would wizard 3, cryo 1, linker 2, ff2 work?

As in, do the walls not die too fast if it’s just cryo 1, and will last enough to get linked and have the blood curse on them, amplifying the damage on boss by 7x on it?

I wouldn’t count on the Icewall -> Link -> Blood Curse combo unless you plan on going solo. In party play, even level 15 Icewall can break too fast.

Actually alot of builds take Linker1 since it has 6 links (gemmed), Linker2 has 8 links which is a very small increae.

I know pass doesnt affect your own pass lol, otherwise all chronos will have no CD. But having pass will mean you can use any sub 25 cd skill twice in 30 seconds.

You should not judge a build by how many rank1 circles it has, besides I have explained why you only need rank1 for Cryo, Psyko, Link.

For DPS, Cryo2/3 does not actually add much (skills scale badly and you get control spells more than anything). Chrono actually increases your DPS because of cooldown and arguably your support capability aswell.

BTW simply by not being an elememe or agny2 you will already be pushed to a support role by 200+.

but dont you think that being pushed to support role by 200+ is a bit too early?

And lets not forget that at level 273++ you get to rank 8 which is when you get chrono c3. Leaving no room for sage. Do not think that ice spike with JP and hangman’s knotted enemies will kill them effectively.

Not going 1 rank of rune caster seems like a waste to me. Right now, I feel that if you want to use a chrono build, it is pretty much mandatory that you follow meta.

And i do not judge a build by how many rank 1 circles it has as bad
I ran with this build

Would it work in solo/duo play though?

And would you consider wizard 3 cryo 1 linker 2 ff2 better then wiz1 pyro 2/3 link 2/3 ff2?

Im not sure if just one rank of linker could be enought because the damage having 2 more links helps a lot any build you have.

My build only uses 7 circles, last circle can be used for Sage or RC

Lol you will spend 1 circle for two links?

i’m sorry, i was blind, then ya, it could work if your goal is to get a support class going.

is it good for ET? :bread:

Yes because sometimes when your are atacking a lot of mobs that 2 links give you more grinding options, yeah having just one could be enought but with some build i think is better having this 2 more links for make more damage solo and get involved on most party play.

well guys i have now study already the options i like more for builds and i want to ask you all, which one i choose, please let me know your opnions are very important to me. It is manly for solo and enjoy some thinks of game, mostly pve because im crap on pvp XD.

full con

1con:3int

Any advice which one choose? please guys :smiley:

The additional hit count of 50 is invaluable especially at higher levels where monster hp are higher. If you solo a lot then I’m pretty sure you could get by with just 50(60 gemmed) before joint penalty breaks. In party play, Jp might get broken prematurely because of party members that utilize true multihit skills or people that play aa builds

Okay so anyways, previously i was cryo3wiz3kino1, after resetting im choosing between keeping kino and changing to linker1. (Basically i only reset the class as a skill reset and i took wiz3cryo3 again)

This is not a meta dps or support build i just build someone with some damage and control utility.

Should i take kino back to be able to deal icewall combo dmg? Dmg is viable but cd of icewall and positioning is critical. Easily interrupted by large aoe knockbacks, but can melt bosses and groups of mobs.

Or change to linker one just to do frost pillar pull>link>iceblast which might be “meh”. But linker is needed in parties and i think futureproof?? Unsure.

Someone did say kino to me… Just wanna hear more opinions before deciding.

I like your second build but it is strong enought? because maybe with sage you can compensate the think of the RC long cast times because blink make a little distraction to do RC skills, and have the really nice combo of IW+PP+Rune of ice.

Can anyone explain me how this build do mobs damage? it works in the high hp content?

I personally prefer specialized build, not half assed ones…
Wiz3 Cryo3 kino1 rc1 is what i’d choose

Your grinding will be like hell and feels like a deadweight… contribution will only be grouping monsters. Altho i read that Rune casters are buffed, and rune of justice will be decent now w/ 2 overheat + holy element.

Keep your direction very clearly.

1 Like

Haha thanks. But no worries bro its not my main character. Don’t really care if i can find party i level that char slowly through missions. I have many others to worry about xD