Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer bugs and problems collection

I don’t understand everyone problem with SP. There are larger issues besides that even beyond the non trade able boss cards.

The dang Ai of the summons is real bad on top of which the leash range is so dang small. Not to mention why doesn’t the summon automatic target what ever the player is targeting.

1 Like

^This.
Post must be at least 20 characters

Yeah the leash range is really suboptimal. You have to circle your summon in really close circles if you want to kite something and even then sometimes you get hit by the monsters. And e.g. Harugals in DemonPrison2F really hit hard.

My normal understanding of Mage Classes throughout several games is that you are able do do alot of dmg but won’t be able to take much hits. This fact of “squishy” is often mitigated through several mechanism:

1. Movement: Often you are able to dodge attacks, spells, which is sometimes impossible in ToS. Or you can Kite Mobs (With the short leash not really possible)
  2. CC: Wizard normally have some standard CC spells which protect them from harm in PvE (often nerfed for just PvP areas). In ToS this depends on the choice of class and circles you took.
  3. Summoners: The summon is able to take the aggro from mobs and protects the summoner. Well, this doesn’t work in ToS. Summon AI is dumb and it sometimes take ages before the mobs aggro your summon.

SP is not a issue I drink about 6-7 Lv 10 condense SP pots in one FULL run of lv 130 dungeon. Also people who use lower level SP pots really gimp themselves if they don’t know how much SP they are consuming vs the amount of SP the pots can heal.

Use SP pots that are relative to your consumption and buy the alchemist pots. Do some small math of efficiency.

If you had 100 regular SP potion it would heal you for a total of 28800, cost you 48000, and take you 50mins to consume if you spam it on CD.

If you buy Lv 10 condense potion to heal roughly the same amount of SP. It would cost you 22k, and take only 10 minutes to consume if you spam it on CD.

Granted the silver per heal is only half, the amount of time you spend pushing the key is reduced 80%.

You pay for the same amount of healing for 80% increase in healing speed at roughly double the cost.

Honestly sorcs don’t need as much SP as people keep complaining about. SP drain is based on MAX SP so don’t use cloth armor as that increase your SP pool, then buy SP potion that can heal you up to full in a acceptable amount of time. If you keep spamming lower level potions don’t expect to be able to sustain your SP.

I do like lower potion price but talking from a realistic point of view. You still heal for the same amount for cheaper if you want to wait a long time. If you want to heal for the same amount but FASTER you have to pay up.

The all might triangle TIME MONEY COST. You can’t have all 3.

what about cards games? you cant aquire cads without being frustated… this shouldnt be RNG.

oh… yeah… forgot to link that. I’m going to link it in OP too

1 Like

Summoning @moderators
Please take a look at this list and the few others around regarding: pet/summon control, transforming abilities (including Ride), AI in general and Demon Lord Cards :grin:

Keep the bugs/problems reports coming and I’ll add here if I add to OP if I get to reproduce them.

I’m a Sorcerer C3.

The bugs are mostly correct, but there are some you are missing. I already posted these in the bug forums, so not going to reiterate.

However, your problems are opinions and I disagree with most of them. Please keep in mind some of us do not want them changed.

Leash range: Do not change, please. This would be a very negative change.
SP Regen: Should not be changed.
Summon attacks traps, etc: No reason to change this, they do not need AI to differentiate enemies. Control your pet better.
Controller unsummoning: Indifferent.

Please do not act like you speak for the Sorcerer community.

I’ve never stated that anywhere. What I did was gathering sorceres’ concerns and rage-like feedback scattared around the forum and turn into a single topic to show people who are planning going sorcerer the class’ issues.
I too find some of them not a problem at all(SP, Traps), if anyone disagree, feel free to say so, as you just did :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I fail to understand how you can think that having a dumb AI is a good thing (leash range is related to that btw)… This issue impact Hunters too.
You probably like playing an unfinished class, or maybe you like the command spells (C2+) being mandatory, or maybe you believe that using the command spells so that the summon will target the boss instead of the traps makes you a skilled player…

There should be better control options, but none of what he suggested aids that. Just coding the pets to ignore certain arbitrary targets is not the answer, there has to be a better solution. My current solution is to simply the link boss to the traps.

Hold is not mandatory. It is useful, and I’m fine with it being in C2, because it makes sense that being a stronger sorcerer gives you more control over your devil. I find that Attack Ground is useless however, and I would like it to be changed; at the very least to something that serves a purpose.

Leash range being what it is, is important. I purposely leash my devil in many situations, and if it was longer, then it would be much harder to do that. I do not feel that the current range is too short, but if it was made longer, I would feel it was too long.

I certainly have my own complaints and things I wish they would change, however, I don’t agree with someone deciding on behalf of the community what they think the entire community agrees with and telling IMC such. These “problems” are highly subjective and come with pros and cons to modifying them… the changes do not make Sorcerer objectively better or worse.

However, thread is listing all of those things as “problems” and acting as though they are opinions gathered from the community that we have all agreed upon. This is not the case.

I dont think is a unfinished class. Im c1 lvl 13. No complains. The class is very well balanced. The sp is not a bad factor just summon/unsummon + cat buff + attribute and i can full restore sp from 0 in less than 1min. The ai is not as bad, i can live with it. The thing is learn to use it how it is and not complain of what it isnt. Sorry bad english

@crevox :thinking: I see your point, I’m gonna rephrase op based on your comments. In fact you’re the first sorcerer I’ve seen that is okay with leash range, and you have a good reason to so I’ll also change the suggestion for it.

I, particularly, find my uses to attack ground as it doesn’t lock the summon in “hold ai”.

@meismon It’s not finished, most classes aren’t either. Sorcerer is playable and it’s very good. There are still summons without its skills, unobtainable cards even though they are in database, summons, desmodus and evocation balance.

Well maybe there will be c4 for some classes in the future. The only thing i dont like of the class its that TS is mandatory. My fav card is throneweaver but it has nothing to do against the TS autoattack so in the end all sorcerers use the same summon

Adding the CD for summon skill should be nice too, put some icon…
still a lot to do

It’s related, but that is a transformation issue… all kind of transform (Druid, scroll, quest, Ride, etc) suffers that. The same goes about joypads.

Anyone here has problem with using the templeshooter skill when using a controller / joypad? I cant seemed to use the first skill :frowning:

Saw some log a problem in Nov 2015 last year, and it seemed till now its now fix…

Its an old issue, probably still happening. Joypad’s 5th button will be the same as the 1st and will overlap it. Whenever you cast you’ll unmount instead of basic attacking.

The sad thing is the developer is not doing anything about it… It’s totally sucks :frowning:

Sorcerer is in this position since ktos was released, the only work the class got(it was to every class in general but we got something out of it) was the addition of new cards and the changes to cooldowns… which now are worse.