Tree of Savior Forum

Help my PvP build

Hey guys, I’m building an Archer for PvP and I was thinking of going Archer2 >Hunter3 > Scout1 > Cannon2. I’m not familiar with Archers, so my questions are:

1. How much CON is necessary for TBL?
  2. Is STR needed? I just don’t know how much block pen is desirable for Cannoneers.
  3. Would you swap Hunter3 for any other class and why?

Any other input is appreciated as well. Thanks in advance!

first tip
Reroll Cleric > done

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I would go for Hunter3 mostly to max other skills and just 1 point growling. But falconer seems good, just don’t know how difficult would be to control 2 pets in PvP scenarios.

Do you think 2:1 DEX/STR with 50 CON is decent?

70 con, everything else dex.

1 Like

I’m making a somewhat similar build that goes like Archer2 > Hunter2 > Scout1 > Falc1 > Musk2. Currently at Hunter2. I’m also going mainly DEX with some CON. STR I can see being useful for Cannon, but your build doesn’t have much to compensate for accuracy and crit (think Rogue with Feint/Sneak Hit) if you take STR since A2’s Swift Step scales on DEX, so in this case I think DEX is best. Hunter I can see compensate for the lack of block pen if you take DEX, because Coursing and Retrieve ignore block as far as I could tell against normal mobs. (Edit: damage can clearly still be blocked or dodged from pvp testing, but going into coursing/retrieve animation without being blocked/dodged so far)

1 Like

Make sure to listen to this guy, he complains about how bad cannonneer is during TBL pretty much every day.

For some actual advice: Go like 200 con, 200 str, 100 dex.

1 Like

lmao 100 dex for pvp
i clearly have no idea about pvp

Oh man grats on PVPing 3 months ago

C’mon bro you literally complain every day about how bad you think your class is.

edit: spoiler it’s not your class it’s that you have 70 con

just took that screenshot, cannon2 needs no str at all

And very high Block, some Full con wizz block like 40% of my attacks, I have around 200 str, Con is too good for wizzards/clerics -_-

I want to reset my stats to put around 150 Con and rest to dex because Full dex character give me a loot of troubles but I’m affraid from the high block from the other classes -_-
(If i Have another stat reset I want to try a full CON archer, with my Rogue I have feint and my damage is almost everytime non-crit but Musket 2 have aloot of skill to burst high HP characters, sadly I need 2 stats reset to try u_u)

Why Archer 2? I have a QS c1 in my PvP character and I can’t live without stone shoot or deploy pavise (Bugged since last patch -__-), Hunter 2 is enough, in 2v2 the reveal skil from the pet is too OP againts hidden character, the pet follow me around all the map I realy hates hunters 2 XD

1 Like

yes, you did, and rankings have been broken for 3 months

as in, they have not moved for almost everyone

stahp

Archer 2 gives you instant full draw why would you go qs1

please guys

and thats a reason to go archer 2? O_o
I use a lot of full draw, no problem with the cast, if I need to push someone away with no cast I use stone shoot.

With Pavise you can push out someone in safety zone, or swordman in block stance, and most important make the necro/sorcerer summons to attack the pavise if you are in hide to aim the player more easy.

Thanks for all the answers, guys

That’s awesome news! If this proceeds I might as well go full DEX with a little amount of CON indeed.

Just to give a little update: I tried pvping with my Hunter2 and what seems very obvious at least is that once your target is in coursing/retrieve, the attacks that come within the attack duration can still be dodged. I think I also noticed the attacks being blocked, but less commonly (confirmed). The duration also seemed less than it was supposed to be or perhaps in some way it got resisted. (needs further testing, or someone clarify)

The biggest issue imo is that your pet doesn’t recover stamina after every fight and you can’t feed it either. It doesn’t make your pet unusable, but it does mean your pet will have a handicap after every 1st round. (assuming it died lol) UPDATE: New update has fixed this.

I’d say that despite these issues, so far I don’t regret taking Hunter2. The window of time it gives you to kill your target is big enough. (assuming you aren’t rank 5 like my Hunter2 is LOL) Rush dog can also be used while cloaked and not break your cloak.

Edit: No good against multiple targets (auto attacks summons, objects) btw but hopefully the new patch (from KToS) will fix targeting.

1 Like

I noticed pet being blocked as well. :slight_frown:

Do you have any experience with TP companions? I know it’s easier to control them in PvE because of mounting, but I was wondering about their stat growth compared to Velheider.

No experience with TP companions sorry. :confused:
There’s a chart with companion stats in the guide here: [Guide] Detailed Mechanics Overview but doesn’t look like it mentions TP companions.