Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Wugushi: The Venomous Tribe

I’m in the same dilemma as Kazeken, atm a1/qs3/wugu2 lvl 212.

I was looking for more aoe so i was torn between wugu3 and canon but i read around wugu3 is lackluster. Then it came to my mind that i could take a2 too, which would benefit the build greatly…however, i’m not a great fan of kneeling shot and swift step would give at best like 75 crit rate on my build (which isn’t bad at all, but look like a waste of rank getting a2 only for that).
I also noticed while grinding at truffles that i really need more aoe, killing stuff only with rs is getting slow =/

Sadly even if i think i will chose canoneer i don’t know much about the class, so if someone here took the same path as me i would like to ask if the aoe damage is good enough to take it over the other choices. Thanks in advance :smiley:

Choose the first.
First choose how much con you want.
Dex should not be higher than 168. Anyone can afford lvl 5 green gems.
Rest of the points go into STR.

318 STR
40 CON
138 DEX

This is your build if you want 40 con. You can take more points from STR to put into con if you want to. Or take points from CON and put into STR.

GUYS, THE BIG POST HAS A TYPO, it is 138 dex not 168!
Sorry i was kinda sleep when writing that!

With 138 dex, you hit decent amounts of crit chance considering the support of this game. And even solo, with swip step atribute, you have a 31,2% crit chance on 0 crit resist mobs. (Most mobs have not more than 100 crit resist. Most of them are in the 20~50 zone, worst case scenario). You should not invest heavily in DEX, so you have more points for STR for posion damage.

How good is a wugushi circle 1-2 with aoe? I see throw gu pot on 35 sec and wugong gu on 25 sec. On paper this seems pretty sucky, but how is the experience in the real game?

Wugong gu is amazing if the monster cannot be melted down in less than 3 seconds. Which is the case of dungeon scenarios and 3 star maps.

So while I was writing this I found how Needle Blow and WugongGu scales with the help of a Wugushi3 friend and my own Wugushi2.

Anyways this was done with various physical attack ranges and attribute levels tested on 4 different mobs - Hallowventer (Fedimian Suburbs), Red Socket (Sentry Bailey), Blue Ticen (Sentry Bailey) and Blue Socket Archer (Sentry Bailey). Needle Blow and WugongGu both tick for the same damage on all 4 mobs.

The testing was done with no weapons at all until the end and each testing phase consisted of using various equipment that increases both minimum and maximum in order to remove variance from the poison tick damages.

https://imgur.com/Gxgi280

My findings is that regardless of attack range (at 727 and 1022) both skills scale at a flat rate with attribute levels and also seems to scale 1:1 with physical attack which is also unaffected by attribute levels. What I did find interesting was that the supposedly flat increase for Needle Blow at Lv20 increased by 7 damage at 21 but 8 damage at 22 and 23 which means it may in fact not be exact flat increments but may have something to do with the skill damages. At Lv10 Needle Blow skill damage is 776 in which 1% of that would amount to 7.76 damage.

.2 x 776 = 155.2
.21 x 776 = 172.96

At this gap it didn’t break the whole number and ToS rounds down resulting in the +7 gained from attribute only.

If this is true then it should repeat itself again at Lv26 when it’ll increase by 7 damage yet again because of not breaking the whole number in order to gain 8 damage and again at Lv30.

.25 x 776 = 194
.26 x 775 = 201.76

My results
Lv25 = 1429
Lv26 = 1436

Another difference of 7.

Lv29 = 1459
Lv30 = 1466

If this is true then for WugongGu, its skill damage, 1102 at Lv10 would mean 1% of it amounts to 11 damage added to the poison tick per attribute level which correlates to the 11 damage increase per attribute level as seen on the table.

In order to confirm my theory I needed a Wugushi 3 to confirm me his Needle Blow scaling. Lv15 Needle Blow has 1050 skill damage and Lv15 WugongGu has 1547 skill damage. To stay relevant each attribute increase should increase the damage accordingly - 10.5 damage per Needle Blow and 15.47 per WugongGu.

Needle Blow
Lv60 attribute - 2226
Lv61 attribute - 2236

tl;dr
Wugushi skills scales based on physical attack to poison damage per tick at a 1:1 ratio and attributes scales at 1% of the base skill damage. This means that if you don’t go Wugushi3 your poison damage aren’t going to scale as well. While you are a Wugushi2 you’ll only gain 7.76 per Needle Blow and 11.02 per WugongGu while a Wugushi3 will gain 10.5 per Needle Blow and 15.47 per WugongGu on top of having a longer duration for more uptime.

2 Likes

I think instead of scale well, you mean it scales better. Whether or not you take circle 2 or 3, it seems the poisons don’t scale very well at all from attributes.

Interesting finding, I had a feeling the attribute wasn’t increasing the poison ticks damage as it “should” (considering the usual way it works for most skills) but I never bothered to really check it.

I guess you could actually write about it in the bug report section. Not sure if it’s intentional or not, but it’s something worth reporting as a bug, given either the attribute isn’t working properly or it’s description should be change to actually state what it accurately does (before people spend tons of silver uselessly).

I wonder how’s wugushi on KTOS? is it the same scaling attribute compared with us?

@ Lvl100 Attribute (Needle Blow/Wugong Gu = 50m silvers each)
Lvl10 Needle Blow = +766/tick (11,490 for 15secs)
Lvl15 Needle Blow = +1050/tick (21,000 for 20secs)

Lvl10 Wugong Gu = +1102/tick (16,530 for 15 secs)
Lvl15 Wugong Gu = +1547/tick (30,940 for 20secs)

is it worth it? :frowning:
I hope they fix it which should scale properly as with other skills.

I forgot to test it with Broadhead [Bleeding] if also scales like this.

Sadly I don’t have a kToS account and can’t test it for myself. But if the attribute scaling doesn’t get changed it’ll get overshadowed with later ranks and new gears especially being stuck to a 1:1 scaling and unaffected by attribute and attribute scaling capping at 2x of base skill damage.

Thanks for the testing. The number one wish is still gonna be making poison stackable from multiple Wugushi.
Just realize that i keep playing the “need fix” classes, previously it was Bokor and now Wugushi… :confused:

Regarding Dex
138 distributed or Total?

This is… saddd… especially if they raised level cap with high end game content, wugu would be lacklusterr compared to other classes, on top of attributes bad scaling and not stacking poisons, and my RS doesn’t have attribute!! need didel badly.

I guess going qs3 wugu is a bad idea end game, at first I didn’t believe player saying qs3 scales bad late game cause I was having a breeze leveling, but as I get higher my qs3 kills a lot slower now than my fletcher3

Yeah I’d have to agree the attribute scaling will need some rework for better scaling but I personally don’t think it should scale like other skills’ attributes either mainly because it scales so well with duration already. Wugushi really is a sustain class in my opinion.

As for QS3 I still believe it is viable end game but it’s just so gear dependent that they all become mandatory - DGC + Running Shot gem (I met a A3QS3Musket who was hitting 10k crits without DGC on non flying mob and that only accounts for 1 of the 2 separate hits which still amazes yet bewilders me). I believe what will hurt Running Shot though is because it’s a fake multi hit skill and not benefit from excess Crit Attack as well as other skills (The SR who cleared floor 20 had 977 Crit Attack) as well as whether or not IMC plans to introduce new +2 QS weapons in the future.

yes It seems that a +2 QS weapon outperforms most equipment for a QS3, and seeing how ktos players reroll cube so many times just to get didel makes me sick, and the need to hunt RS gems to top it off.
gonna retire my qs3 wug for now until further updates.
thanks for giving the numbers, it scales so horribly, that is why before people would say poison doesn’t scale with attribute because it is so small to notice the difference with the cost of big silver sink

Confirmed with testing here too. Yeah I believe it should scale not like other skills but it shouldn’t scale off that low as well. I believe it to be bugged or unintended atm. I sent them a pm as well and they said they will take a look at it.

That’s good to hear that they responded. I’d like to hear what they have to say about it too.

It’s been something I’ve debated and personally thought one way myself. But which adds more to a wugu2 build. Archer 2 or Wugu 3. please offer opinion based on different types of builds, both with Wugu as the center of them and with Wugu as an alternative to falcon+r7, etc.

138 total.

@YuseiXyan

Its not a thing about adding. It is how they change the nature of the build. Wugushi 3 is more single target centered than the rest of the other choices. You will hardly use wugong gu to its max potential because the duration just lasts so long and enemies die so fast because of your parties DPS. Lvl 15 wugong gu is only worth it because of the 16 target limit. Even then, if you have AOE in mind, there are better choices.

To everyone in this thread, Wugushi AOE is more centered around AOE DPS than burst. This changes if a linker is present. Multishot + Circling will simply do more damage in less time. And so does Cannonrape crits with circling as well. Wugushi comes into here with a proposal of offering both Single Target and AOE damage at a resonable rate in a single tree.

Not only this, i have moved to swordsman, and i will tell everyone circling is an OP aoe skill. :slight_smile:

What makes skills that can crit OP is how they scale with supports like chronomancer, priest and SPR krivis.

To tell you more exactly how they compare, i would need multiple archers at lvl 177 or 225+ at least q.q

sorry, but this didn’t quite answer my question so I apologize and will try to be more clear.

in various builds like I will list in the following, can anyone offer some opinions on which adds more value in pve mostly via dps and/or burst in each and why - - archer 2/3 or wugu 3:

archer1/qs3/wugu2/xx
archer1/ranger3/wugu2/xx
archer1/ranger1/archer2/wugu2/xx/r7
archer1/ranger1/archer2/wugu2/xx/rogue
archer2/sapper2/wugu2/xx
any others along with reasons why one more circle of archer or of wugu.

granted, I know in some of these build paths other choices can be more optimal but I am just seeing in what cases is which circle more worthwhile. I was originally under the impression that archer2 beat wugu3 as long as the focus of the build wasn’t completely wugu, and wugu3 beat archer3 barely either way.