Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Wugushi: The Venomous Tribe

nice info, ill´add some of it to the guide latter :3

Currently at level 130 Wugu C2 planning to be Falconer>Cannoner in the last 2 circles. So far the poison mechanic is fun and using Manticen card with Throw Gu Pot just made it more enjoyable… Will wait for other future card interaction…
It is really a unique class along with sapper, trully step back from the generic Archer class…

The monster 's card isn’t s a visual effect. It’s the monster aoe and does independent damage (not much) but easy to spot because, for some reason, the numbers are red.

Manticen is especially good because have a large area and pulls monster’ s aggro.

That probably won’t change. The new system clarify that’s is the monster aoe as a combo attack and not a buff/enchantment

No, it does not. Even without the card, the poison puddle extends a few tiles beyond the poison puddle anyway and pulls mobs w/ or w/o the manticen card. Secondly, that independent damage does not exist at all. Sh

Edit:It exists at the beginning. though I thought you meant it’s a separate poison tick throughout the duration which confused me a bit.

To clarify: card aoe is like a separate skill and don’t interact with gun pot att all. The aoe does its own damage that you can see by the red numbers. Maybe that damage scales with matk. The new card’s text make that pretty clear.

About the aoe area. I can’t be sure, for me looks large than gu pot

Yeah, but the red damage (300-350 dmg x 5-6?) only proc and damage on the beginning. Maybe like 1 sec after I throw the gu pot. That’s interesting if it scales with matk and I hope they make it stronger and lasts throughout the whole poison skill duration.

have you checked how much per attribute increases on poison tick damage?

As per checking:
Needle Blow add 10 poison per tick per attribute level
Wugong Gu add 10-15? per poison tick per attribute level (not sure)
Throw Gu Pot haven’t check

So it does not really scale with attribute level.

Can anyone also confirm this? (though I already discuss this with Punkd)

As per actual testing, below are the results. Results may vary from your stats.

My stats: Lv143 Wugushi C1 194 Str

Lv 1 Needle Blow 0 Attribute: Dmg 904 (didnt test enough to find out Max)
Lv 1 Needle Blow 1% Attribute: Dmg 913 Max
Lv 1 Needle Blow 2% Attribute: Dmg 918 Max

Lv 3 Wugong Gu 0 Attribute: Dmg 1054 to 1064
Lv 3 Wugong Gu 1% Attribute: Dmg 1058 to 1068
Lv 3 Wugong Gu 2% Attribute: Dmg 1063 to 1073

Conclusion: Attribute does adds poison damage.

Hi, I’m Currently @ A1>QS3>W2
wondering if i should go for wugu3, Cannon, or Musket?
I want to PVE mostly TY =D

I’m archer3 wugu … future wugu3 i guess… and Cannon for rank7 .
about the stats … full str? (con for survive) or str/dex? Thx \o

Does anyone know the specific calculation for poison tick damage w/ videos or straight up calculation? Throw Gu Pot has lower skill attack than Wu Gong Gu but for some reason it does more poison tick damage. I also tried to calculate it Wu Gong Gu and Throw Gu Pot damage using my own stats and it’s off. It’s a little weird compared to calculating cannoneer/musketeer damage which are preety straightforward.

Man yall are just awful at testing.

Needle blow doesn’t scale off physical attack. You can easily tell this because it ticks for the exact same damage every time.

Also, Needle blow attribute increases based on Strength. If you have it at 50%, you get 50% of your STR added to the dot. You can easily test this by adding in elemental damage and see the tick go up by the exact amount.

Wugong Gu scales normally and attributes increase the damage by 1%.

would probably go Archer c2 for its synergy with QS3. otherwise go cannon if you want aoe, musket if you want 1 target, or wugu 3 if you want a little of both through more durations on your poisons.

@chronoforever full str or high str (3str 1dex for example) as your focus is almost completely wugu, but swift step and cannon do like some crit and all other archer stuff you got scale decently with crit/dex. remember, when you kneel, poisons update with your bonus damage from kneeling shot. you just get more value from str due to 10% per rank bonus.

2 Likes

oh yes I did, thank you

wouldn’t I be backtracking if I go A2?
A2 for the crit rate and kneeling > than rank 7 classes skills?

it could be considered that, but swift step attribute can account for an increase of like 5% of your damage as a buff (crit rate gems and gear for your auto attacks and nonwugu skills, but wugushi poisons cant crit) multishot 10 is a strong skill, and kneeling shot is one of the major reasons why QS3 builds the way it does. 80%+ of QS3 builds go archer1/quarrel1-3/archer2 for ranks 1-5. in this situation could also say that archer 2 definitely does more for this build than wugu3.

plus you dont want too much to do during running shot cooldown wait, which wugu/multishot/cannonormusketcould end up being that way. weapon swap can also get in your way, if you get the delay some people get.

i see, so i it would be a stronger AA archer with poisons

I’m in the same dilemma as Kazeken, atm a1/qs3/wugu2 lvl 212.

I was looking for more aoe so i was torn between wugu3 and canon but i read around wugu3 is lackluster. Then it came to my mind that i could take a2 too, which would benefit the build greatly…however, i’m not a great fan of kneeling shot and swift step would give at best like 75 crit rate on my build (which isn’t bad at all, but look like a waste of rank getting a2 only for that).
I also noticed while grinding at truffles that i really need more aoe, killing stuff only with rs is getting slow =/

Sadly even if i think i will chose canoneer i don’t know much about the class, so if someone here took the same path as me i would like to ask if the aoe damage is good enough to take it over the other choices. Thanks in advance :smiley:

Choose the first.
First choose how much con you want.
Dex should not be higher than 168. Anyone can afford lvl 5 green gems.
Rest of the points go into STR.

318 STR
40 CON
138 DEX

This is your build if you want 40 con. You can take more points from STR to put into con if you want to. Or take points from CON and put into STR.

GUYS, THE BIG POST HAS A TYPO, it is 138 dex not 168!
Sorry i was kinda sleep when writing that!

With 138 dex, you hit decent amounts of crit chance considering the support of this game. And even solo, with swip step atribute, you have a 31,2% crit chance on 0 crit resist mobs. (Most mobs have not more than 100 crit resist. Most of them are in the 20~50 zone, worst case scenario). You should not invest heavily in DEX, so you have more points for STR for posion damage.