Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Wugushi: The Venomous Tribe

i reaaally dont know what kind of answer do you espect i bet noone have tried 2 or more of your suggestions and therefore be able to say acurately wich works better, at best you will hear how one class works and you still have to make your own criteria to decide. if anything i think any of those will have so little diference overall to really care at all xD.

if it help you i woulds pick the first, cuz why not?

From my experience, Jincan Gu only increases the damage the bugs do to enemies. Duration of the pool or debuff remains the same. Same goes for the duration of the life of the bug.

Wow so Jincan Gu has to be the most dissapointing skill to date for me. It is such a cool concept that fits the dot gameplay of the wugu. Throw a pot make some bugs, they make more bugs so on and so on. Well first of all the actual radius of the inital skill is wayyyy too small given that its a circle 3 skill, not to mention the mob has to literally be in the puddle as the hitbox doesnā€™t seem to be slightly larger then the display effect. Secondly the skill is only useful if you kill mobs on top of it but the problem is if the mobs are too spread out youā€™ll only likely turn 1 mob. If the mobs are too close together they all die at the same time, and at first youā€™d be like yay thats tons of bugs but it leads into one of the biggest problems of the skill. The fact the bugs donā€™t follow you, which makes them almost entirely useless. in almost any endgame scenario youā€™ll be aoeing down packs of mobs which means youā€™ll be spawning tons of bugs but due to the fact the mobs are all dying at the same time and the bugs donā€™t follow you, you will just have 20 bugs sitting there and youā€™ll be feeling embarrassed they are so useless. They take up heal tiles and the skill doesnā€™t affect flying mobs. Honestly every time I use it everything is already dead by the time I can spawn any bugs or the next mob is too far away and they wonā€™t move.

I hope these insects can spread Jincan Gu 's effect through their bites. Why a poisonous insect can not poisoned you through their bite . Ridiculous !

ehh can share about how wugushi info with me
e.g lvling is it boring or hard?
what is the most enjoy of this class?

ehh i got a qs3 kind of hard need to see the buff time

An ideal wugushi leveling area would compose of one very tanky mob with a lot of weak mobs around it to make good use of Wugong Gu.

W1 - Kinda slow and hard (low poison times)
W2 - Perhaps the best of all circle advancements within Wugushi with the addition of throw gu pot
W3 - Maximum poison time and Jincan Gu (very useful in dungeon runs where you lack heals and enemies are not flyers such as the 190).

I have to say though even though the bugs are kinda dissapointing IMO the actual dot at least seems to be someone useful over the long game. Its dmg might be low and it seems to only tick every sec assuming it lasts all 60 seconds (the duration of the jincan poison) even at like 400 dmg a tic thats still 24k damage or so

leveling is GOOD vs elite mobs, you can solo all ā€œeliteā€ grind spots from truffle to evac to abby etc pp.

leveling vs mass amount of ā€œregularā€ mobs is a pain tho, they die instant to poison.

Hi there Iā€™m interested to make this class as my 2nd archer build.
My build is pretty standard which will be Archer>QS3>Wugu2>Cannon/Musket
Iā€™m planning to go Full STR. (with some CON of course)

I do have some question regarding this:

1. Which benefit more from the build? Cannoneer or Musketeer? I assume Cannoneer will do better.
  2. Regarding to equipment, does having viper is a must? My main character is a Fletcher and I do have Maga Bow, can this Maga Bow perform good in this build like in my Fletcher? As for the CrossBow I will go for Grand Cross +10 up and for sub weapon right now saving up for mana-mana. (or maybe venom will do better?)

Thatā€™s it. If you guys have good additional information like tips and trick to this class I would gladly appreciate that.
Thanks!

i think i will go qs3 with wugushi 3 musketeer/scout/ro
with 130 dex 50 con rest str
if i go full str will i miss hit of PVE and bossing?

Hi there,
My main char is Fletcher too and I have just tested my friend char (A1 QS3 Wu2 Canon) this morning. So here is something I can tell you:

1. Since you will (and maybe must) use a secondary weapon like manamana or dagger to increase stick dmg, Cannoneer seems to be the most suitable. AoE dmg is good for spreading toxic.
  2. Since you have QS3 in your build, you donā€™t need to use bow. Letā€™s use grandcross xbow+manamana. in later game, you will have dildel xbow via Saalus Mission. Manamana is better than Venom because it has higher elemental atk.
  3. My Fletcher char uses both maga bow and isba xbow+manamana. I like to use Maga Bow for the common hunting and boss killing. Isba is only for dark property mobs and bosses. I also have Wildling Bane for some mobs and bosses that are beast type.

I suggest high STR and some CON for wugushi build. About accuracy, donā€™t worry because you can enhance your gloves and add some gems into it. Will have enough accuracy for PvP. I think canon will be better than muskeeter

For a wugushi who only wants to use 2 handed bow. Do you recommened viper or maga? Or is there a better one ^^?

For bosses, maga bow is better. For grinding and mobs, viper is better. Viper is quite cheap now so I think you should buy both to test :slight_smile: but for the highest dmg, xbow+manamana is the best.

1 Like

Iā€™ve planned to do this, being able to solo efficiently with Archer2-Sapper2-Wugu2-Cannon1.

But whats the best stats distribution? I know being a wugu means I need to pump my STR but I also know that DEX are important for dodging mobs.

Any idea what is the good stats distribution ratio between STR and DEX?

wugushi scales terrible with into lategame as it only scales from patk, str and elemental damage with a 1:1 ratio. For leveling you can still go full STR, for late game ET, you NEED dex tho, however once you reach that late you will release wthat wugushi is sadly, a trash class for ET anyway. Wugu 2 and cannon 1 is not really smart without circling as wugushi will fall off hard later.

Boom trap is amazing tho, not only does it benefit from dex it also gets 100% more damage from wizard debuff. Making it overall the better late game pick.

Wugushi is pretty much only for leveling atm/pug content atm.

1 Like

You speak out of experience?

Hi thanks for answering!

1. Okay I think Iā€™ll go for Cannon because the costume look better than Musketeer -
  2. Yes I do know we will mainly use Xbow+Sub in almost every situation, but not in a flying boss fight right? Since Gu Pot can not hit flying mobs, I should use 2h Bow to pump my damage right? Iā€™ll be missing the +2 Running Shot tho.
  3. My fletcher also uses Maga Bow and I do realize that this bow carries me through every situation especially in fighting WBs (either flying or not, and either demon or not). Because you have my future plan for my fletcher, I wanna ask if you ever feel a waste on your Isba+Mana (since itā€™s expensive)? I mean, since you just using that to fight demons and I already can guarantee a cube even if iā€™m fighting a Demon/Non-Flying boss (like Dullahan for example), do you think getting xbow+mana worth my silver?

And since my wugu is planned to be my 2nd Character (not sure if I will fall in love with this char which will make me change my main LOL) It will still be a long journey and I donā€™t think I want to gear that much, especially since this is a 2nd Character and I already cost a boom on my Fletcher. So yeah, like question in number 3, do you think getting xbow+mana is worth it since Iā€™m doing really well atm? Thanks~!

According to my test, Isba+manamana causes same dmg as my +7 mana bow on dark property mobs. That over 300dmg on dark mob is only added to the final dmg and cannot be multified by critical. However, if you donā€™t hunt WB much, no need to buy isba+manamana. Letā€™s make your maga bow to +15 and your magic arrow as high as possible. I made manamana and isba because I had its recipe and material already :smiley:

My maga bow is already sit at +12. So yeah, thats why i think i donā€™t really need an isba+mana since i always do good in wb and is always guaranteed a cube. Haha

And as for magic arrow, my attribute already like 60ish.
So is it better just to keep a single 2h bow? Considering i need to make my xbow to be equally enhanced which is around 9 or 10 maybeā€¦

Anyway sorry to discuss something that is out of topic.
As for wugushi, do you have skill build for the wugushi part since iā€™m not really familiar with the pros and cons of wugu skills. Thanks!