Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Wugushi: The Venomous Tribe

What do you want?

AOE:

Archer 2 Sapper 2 Wugushi 2 Cannoneer
Archer 1 Ranger 1 Sapper 2 Wugushi 3
Archer 1 Ranger 1 Sapper 2 Wugushi 2 Cannoneer
Archer 2 Ranger 1 Wugushi 2 Rogue Falconeer (Multi shot + circling, feint + barrage, throw gu pot + capture)
Archer 2 Ranger 1 Wugushi 2 Falconeer Cannoneer (Circling will make cannonblast crits clear waves and waves of monsters).

Single target:
Archer 1 QS 3 Wugushi 3
Archer 2 QS 3 Wugushi 2 (More AA crit centered)

PVP:

Dont roll wugushi.

Stats: If going for wugushi c3, full str.
If not, you should select a balance according to what items you are gonna use. The monster with the strongest crit resist in the game has 195 crit resist. To have 99% crit rate on a 0 crit rests mob, you need 666 crit rate. To crit on the mentioned mob, you need 861 crit rate.

This simply isnt achievable alone. What you should include is support from other skills (swift step, monstrance, zalciai, quicken), so you will peform greatly with them. Putting one support out of the paper simply makes too much more dex necessary, and you need STR to boost wugushis poisons.

Formula for how much dex you want to have is:

1,3DEX + 10 + 1,25(DEX + crit rate from gear and collections + crit rate from level bonus (at 280, it is 56)) + 0,25 (DEX + crit rate from gear and collections + crit rate from level bonus (at 280, it is 56)) = 861

This way we get to

1,3 (DEX + DEX from gear) + 10 + 1,5(DEX + DEX from gear + crit rate from gear, gems and collection + 56) = 861

DEX is dex you have after investing points. DEX FROM GEAR is dex points from gear, like max pentaminion for an example. Crit rate from gear is any crit you get that is not from DEX.

generally, you will have every number but DEX. Define your gear, and you will find the DEX you will want to have.

According to the testings of a discord mate, crit resist can go below zero, but as most spreadsheets simply bug with this, lets consider a 100 con rest spr support cleric uses zalciai. The 195 crit resist will be lowered down to 0. Now you need 666 crit rate. Then we get to:

1,3 (DEX + DEX from gear) + 10 + 1,5(DEX + DEX from gear + crit rate from gear, gems and collection + 56) = 666

1,3 DEX + 1,3 DEX from gear + 10 + 1,5 DEX + 1,5 DEX from gear + 1,5 crit rate from gear, gems and collection + 84 = 666

Now we can finally get to: 2,8 DEX + 2,8 DEX from gear + 1,5 Crit rate from gear, gems and collection = 582

2,8 (DEX + DEX from gear) + 1,5 crit rate from gear, gems and collection = 582

If you observe, most of support skills from this game benefits physical damage. Currently, magic damage alone does better than physical damage, but thing is, support is there to make physical damage stay on par with magic damage in party scenarios. Physical damage dealers are just more party dependant.

Example:

Considering Max Pentaminion, Mana Mana, Level 5 green gems, 8 crit rate from collections, 56 crit rate from lvl 280 bonus, double sissels bracelet, best rools on headgear for crit rate (14 for each).

Max pentaminion: 14 DEX from gear
Mana Mana: 35 crit rate from gear
Level 5 Green Gems: 22 crit rate from gear times 2 on main hand. 29 crit rate from gear in off hand.
Double sissels bracelet: 74 cri rate
3 Head gear OH lord luck: 42 crit from gear

Now we have:

2,8 (DEX + 14) + 1,5 (35 + 44 + 29 + 74 + 42) = 582
2,8 DEX + 39,2 + 336 = 582
DEX = 206,8/2,8
DEX = 73

Now you will invest into dex until it is 73 without any gear.

Of course, this is really dependant on what you want to consider. Monstrance formula is 1,3DEX +10. Quicken and Swift step buffs are the same, 0,25 times all your crit rate. Zalciai is simply the most powerfull debuff in regards to crit rate. If you dont want to consider some of these, the formula would change. It isnt anything complicated, but if you hate math…

Note: 138 DEX alone is enough to make you get high crit if you want to depend solely on lvl 5 green gems and not anything else.

4 Likes

I thought I’d comment and answer the question but after reading all you wrote, that’s complete enough. Good job there.

Glad someone had the time to type a detailed explanation, I was on shift skimming the forums when I replied lol

Wow thanks for the wugu guide mate.

What xbow is the best on 170lvl for Wugu ?

I’m a full STR Wugu2 that about to hit lvl170 now.

That depends, if your QS Grand Cross +10 Xbow will carry you until Superior Kracked Shooter at 220. At lvl170 as a Wugu I would be using the 2h Viper bow anyhow for poison synergy.
This topic might also help, Lvl170 - 2H vs. Xbow + Mana-mana - Current BIS

Probably asked 50 times but search is bad on here, Do attribute increase poison ticks or only the initial hit?

Archer 2 Ranger 1 Wugushi 2 Falconeer Cannoneer ?
why no : archer 3 >wugu 2 > falc > canno?

I personally run this second version cause I’m not a fan of ranger and I like the multishot circling combo. But yeah, Ranger’s barrage and steady aim 5 for cannon blast isn’t half bad as well.

EDIT: Running quite a good evasion gear helps with multishot’s charge btw.

By the way guys, does anyone have any recent video of Jincan Gu in use?

All the ones I’ve seen are quite outdated, and since I’ve skipped wugu 3 I can’t see it for myself. I’ve heard way too many conflicting things about it, some people say it’s icnreadible for high spawn aras (even ET included hee) while some others just state the damage is way too low to be relevant anywhere.

Wugushi C3 would be really amazing if they increase the duration of the Gu Pot per skill level and maybe have its cooldown be 30 secs. Jincan Gu is also lackluster imo that I wouldn’t put a point in it personally but it’s a good situational support skill.

My findings:

Once again, attribute levels increase poison tick damage which makes pure high strength have really really high damage output in the long run once you get into high attribute levels because Needle blow, Wu Gong Gu, Throw gu pot ticks per 0.5 sec.

Linker’s joint penalty do double ticks on Wu Gong Gu. You’ll see two debuffs of wu gong gu (I think it’s because the “infection” poison tick from wu gong gu and wu gong gu host poison tick occur at the same time) when mobs are hit by joint penalty + the 50% poison damage when joint penalty makes linker + wugushi one of the strongest mobbing synergies.

Wu Gong Gu + multi shot is a great combo because multi shot spreads wu gong gu easily.

Throw Gu Pot does more poison damage tick than Wu Gong Gu but Wu Gong Gu beats Throw Gu Pot damage because of the massive duration of Wu Gong Gu + linker synergy + less cooldown.

[My Opinion] : Have at least 1 rank of QS for deploy pavise. This way you can have synergy with Pavise’s aggro + throw gu pot and if you decide to go Musketeer/Cannoneer or have 1 rank of Falconeer, you can set that your aoe combos perfectly with circling. Also Caltrops are amazing with throw gu pot.

[My Opinion] Wugushi can have amazing synergy with Hunter 1 because of Snatching, which makes flying mobs hit by it also be vulnerable to Throw Gu Pot or ground skills.

Cannoneer’s Shootdown doesn’t let flying mobs be vulnerable to Throw Gu Pot though I have high hopes this will change in the future.

Manticen card or Canceril card doesn’t increase poison damage and only add effects. This is the same case whether or not it’s level 10. If it does increase, it might be 1% or less because I’ve tested this a couple of times

If the initial blow by Needle Blow or Wu Gong Gu is blocked, the entire poison duration won’t happen or will be completely negated.

Elemental damage enchants beat physical attack enchants if the elemental damage is strong against a mob’s elemental type. If you have holy property +33 and you hit a dark type mob, that’s +66 damage per tick on your poison vs just a straight up +45 physical damage enchant.

it hasnt changed, a fairly lackluster c3 is why most ppl suggest you get falconer for circling before you go into cannoneer.

It was proven that jincan gu beyond level 1 only increases the SP cost of the skill but doesn’t add anything else, so the skill is pretty much “unfinished” or buggy. Also bewitch/detoxify are very lackluster.

However you can try to take c3 and gamble that sooner or later they will “fix” “buff” c3 by finishing jincan and adding more interesting attributes to the circle.

however picking falconer for ONLY one skill is also risky, seeing that they already nerfed circling+snipe combo, also if you ever plan to go in a group with another falconer one of you pretty much wasted a circle.

Currently going falconeer would be “best” however, i believe in the very long run going wugushi c3 would be better tho.

1 Like

It’s just like I thought then, thanks for info.

Wugushi c3 is better for ST (Single Target).
It is amazing due to more uptime on main posion skills, which heavily contributes to the DPS table.

Ranger 1 offers barrage. 3 OHs with 17 secs CD.
Circling + multi shot has a CD of 35 seconds due to circling CD.

I never said c2 is better than c3 but I agree although Sapper 2 Wugu 2 is way better for ET. Broom Trap+ Lethargy and other strike modifiers can do like 14k damage per tick more or less[broom trap]. Not to mention the only 100% uptime on C3 is actually needle blow and wu gong gu which are amazing with a joint penalty. If the party doesnt have linker, that 100% uptime don’t mean much

nice info, ill´add some of it to the guide latter :3

Currently at level 130 Wugu C2 planning to be Falconer>Cannoner in the last 2 circles. So far the poison mechanic is fun and using Manticen card with Throw Gu Pot just made it more enjoyable… Will wait for other future card interaction…
It is really a unique class along with sapper, trully step back from the generic Archer class…

The monster 's card isn’t s a visual effect. It’s the monster aoe and does independent damage (not much) but easy to spot because, for some reason, the numbers are red.

Manticen is especially good because have a large area and pulls monster’ s aggro.

That probably won’t change. The new system clarify that’s is the monster aoe as a combo attack and not a buff/enchantment

No, it does not. Even without the card, the poison puddle extends a few tiles beyond the poison puddle anyway and pulls mobs w/ or w/o the manticen card. Secondly, that independent damage does not exist at all. Sh

Edit:It exists at the beginning. though I thought you meant it’s a separate poison tick throughout the duration which confused me a bit.