Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide PvP/PvE] Worshiper of Darkness-In depth sorcerer build by Ryu

##THIS GUIDE IS EXTREMELY OUTDATED , has not been touched since c8 and now Skills have been tweaked and my descriptions are no longer 100% accurate. I plan to update this with a new build eventually , with video documentation since i am a strong believer in the sorcerer as a class.

##Worshiper Of Darkness
(
Currently Formatting and adding the other sections, check back later.

(Alternatively if you want to check out a neat strong fencer build, my gf made
click here )

##Index:

• Build Overview

• Stat distribution

• Skill analysis
    -Wizard
    -Psychokino
    -Sorcerer

• Changelog

#Build Overview

Hello Saviors! i am Ryu, and if your looking for a build that lets you play with rad devil bosses, have the potential to solo whatever you want with decently high Burst DPS and consistent DPS all bundled into a decent team player then this is the guide for you (otherwise there is plenty of other guides to fulfill your wizard needs).

Now that all of the non believers have left the thread, this is secretly a guide on how to be the very best like no one ever was, to catch them is your real test to train them is your cause. You will travel across the land grinding far and wide, each devil summon to understand the power thats inside.

A quick look at the build as a whole.

Now, i know a lot of these picks are going to look strange to some of you veteran saviors, but we will get to that.

##Pros

• High survive ability

• High overall DPS

• Great soloing potential

• All of your summons including summon familiar can tank for you when you drop aggro with teleport

• Works well in teams

• Easy grinding

• Works well in both PvP/PvE

• You can harness the power of any devil boss

##Cons

• Bad positioning (You need to position mobs manually

• Buggy summon ai

• Incredibly mana intensive

• You will be spending a sizable chunk of money on alchemist pots

• Requires a lot of skill finesse and practice to play.

Stat point distribution:

This is largely going to be up to you, it all comes down too how long you want to survive and how much damage you want to do i strongly suggest a 2:1 INT:CON Ratio and you can throw 10 points in SPR to help you out in the early levels and give you minor resistances to CC.
It is no secret that magic scales badly with INT and skills are usually only calculated by their base damage but it does give your summon a decent enough damage boost to make it worth it.It also slightly adds to your overall DPS and becomes more effective in the higher levels.

I pretty much just winged it when i came to my stat’s i balanced INT and CON and then every 20 levels or so i would examine which one i needed more depending on how i was doing at the time and then started pumping points into it the above ratio is just what i roughly ended up at.

Breaking down the circle choices.

Wizard Circle 3:

First we have Wiz 3, why not pyromancer?, cryomancer? you ask, well that is simple for starters its all about preparing for the future rank 8-9 have already been confirmed publicly and i think this sets a good foundation for it, not to mention the golden gems of c2 Surespell and c3 Quickcast these two abilities alone are what is going to enable you to achieve the high damage numbers, personally i believe you won’t see much higher as far as sorcerer is concerned.

Some might argue that there is a lack of CC(Crowd control) here but i would have to respectfully disagree for your all your CC purposes sleep gets the job done just fine
lets break down the skill choices.

Energy Bolt:

A fairly well rounded spell that will fall off hard as you progress through the levels, however it still has its uses, you may want to invest more of your points into this in the earlier level’s if your not stingy with skill resets for it will be one of your main sources of damage until you hit wiz3 and or kino, whichever one you want to take first.
Its purpose in the late game is too essentially provide you with a quick casting knockback and sometimes finishing straggler mobs with a tiny amount of hp left, it has its uses but you won’t find yourself using it often the reason i have eight points in it is because the higher the level the quicker it is to cast level 1.

Lethargy:

You only need to invest one of your skills points into this skill to make it useful, the debuff itself is bad but the attribute in a supporting capacity is great to have in parties.

I spent the majority of my leveling 1-120, leveling with my ex girlfriend who was a barb and at max level this attribute will effectively double the damage of all strike attacks (this made helm chopper seriously OP when killing bosses) its cooldown is short enough that you can have it on an enemy mob with a 100% uptime.
All in all its a useful skill to have.

Sleep:

This is an incredibly useful skill and worth maxing, it has great PvP and PvE potential,i find myself using this frequently and it always comes in handy, its incredibly strong if you just step back and take a look at exactly what it does, it puts the enemy to sleep for quite a long time depending on the skill level and it gives you a threshold of attacks until its broken.
A common misconception with sleep is that you need to charge it to full for the max effect, this is not the case the cast bar is only there i assume to give you time to aim and place it, with mouse mode on you can hit the target area with a full effect sleep instantly.
At max level the sleep debuff will last for 17 seconds or 15 attacks which is usually long enough for whatever you want to kill to die.
When i think of this skill it reminds me largely of sleep powder from Pokemon, and after its casted the sleep area of effect lasts in the area for a few seconds so even mobs you might have missed can wander into it and still gets put to sleep.
There are a few things i am uncertain of like if it has a cap on how many mobs it can hit at the same time, but i have never had an issue with it and it usually sleeps however many mobs i target it on, excluding resists on high SPR mobs.

Sleep and PvP:
Sleep has a crazy amount of uses as far as PvP is concerned it falls into the category 1 CC range, so unless your dealing with a cleric or a character built with high SPR more often then not its going to hit and is pretty much instant death to whichever unfortunate soul’s caught in it.

Tip: For efficient use of Sleep, or any ground target abilities mouse mode is a necessity.

Reflect Shield:

This skill gives Gotye’s song “Somebody that i used to know” a new meaning.
Essentially this skill was nerfed into the ground the scaling is bad, it doesn’t prevent staggering anymore and gives you an incredibly weak effect 50+ avoid it like the plague you are just wasting your points.

Earthquake:

A truly lackluster AoE with incredibly bad scaling, it does have its uses though specifically for the knock up, it can serve a nice Oh- â– â– â– â–  button if you need some time to breathe while getting mobbed just be careful of your placement it has a large animation time and can be unreliable with direction.
You don’t need anymore then one point in this skill.
Earthquake in PvP:
It can provide some nice combo’s i suppose for instance if i was going to put it to practical use i would hit my target with TK drag it next to me, sleep it after the knock up proceed to hit it hard with whatever i have then followup with an earthquake before sleep ends for another knock up and some downtime, in large groups GvG’s etc it can be fun to watch people fly in every direction as well

Surespell:

Ok, initially when i started creating my build this skill stood out, we are mages right? we don’t want to be interrupted while casting our spells(duh). Its not amazing for my route and it and doesn’t have great synergy with my build however it was worth maxing it combo’s well with psychic pressure and will serve you well throughout the early levels, i view this mostly as a Kino essential to prevent channeling spells being interrupted.
You will find yourself using it less and less as you progress and level 5 psychic pressure starts to fall off in damage.
Can’t think of much more to say on this.

Magic Missile:

Is amazing!,it is probably one of my most used skills and will carry through all your levels, there is just so many good things to say about this skill, it has convenient targeting does mass amounts of aoe and when used on a singular mob/boss or whatever hits three times, it can also rebound off boss traps giving you even more hits! its just great and clears trash mobs with ease.

You will never stop using this skill as part of your DPS rotation, and its probably your most effective method for clearing low to medium hp mobs instantly, if your tight on silver you want to prioritize maximizing this skills attributes, because the more damage it does the easier time your going to have killing stuff.

Quick cast:

The bread and butter of wiz and pretty much one of the only reasons your going to take wiz c3, what makes this skill special is not the cast reduction that isn’t going to help us much, but the static 50% damage increase that you get from this attribute

It applies to so many of your abilities and will truly start to shine when you hit rank 7, this is where you are going to get a large portion of your damage from.
Where to start…where to start, ok so its pretty self explanatory but there are a few things your going to want to know firstly if it comes from you and its magic damage then its going to get the 50% increase auto attacks included, its applicable to some of your summons since salamon does physical melee damage it won’t increase his atk at all but with summon familiar you get the increase, this increase to summon familiar really puts some firepower into your bat nukes but we will get to that later.
Quickcast also applies to your devils abilities but only magic type damage.
For example: its not going to increase your templeshooters multi hit crossbow attack it will however increase the damage of a mounted chapparition’s lightning, it works on specter monarchs auto attacks as well.
You can’t afford not to have this skill, love it take it home with you make it a nice dinner and treat it better then your GF because quickcast is your queen, and you are but a humble pawn dependent on its devastating power.
(if you are a lady, then just reverse everything i said lol)

Independant Attributes:

I will cover the importance of equipment attributes in the equipment section. but you are going to want to max everything but leather mastery.

This concludes our wizard section of the guide, if i left anything out let me know. if i didn’t mention it then its probably because i don’t use it and it dosn’t really seem worth mentioning.

##Psychokino C1:

This choice is going to confuse a lot of people, a more popular choice for sorc builds is linker, but i believe this brings more to the table essentially it all comes down to utility.
Teleport is invaluable because it works similar to clerics fade and will 90% of the time let you drop aggro from yourself to whatever you have summoned it also works with summon familiar.
Swap synergies well with Warlock and can help you assist your team mates in getting past walls as well.

I was going through some of my earlier footage and i think this video gives a nice example on how i use Psychokinos utility keep in mind this was from when i was using level 120 gear was class level 2 and hadn’t leveled many attributes.

##Psychic Pressure:

A channeling ability this skill will thrive between levels 1-150, but you will find yourself using it less and less as new skills start to fit into your DPS rotation.
The damage is mediocre it doesn’t scale with int at all as far as i can tell and does about 2k/2.5k a tick with quick cast and the leveled attribute, it works well in conjunction with Surespell and sleep.
You could consider swapping this out with level 5 swap, instead of level 1 once you hit 200+.

Edit: No, swap this out as soon as it becomes useless to you, you will find Lvl 5 Swap much more useful

##Telekinesis:

On paper it doesn’t look that great, but if you examine it closely its an incredibly powerful lockdown in both PvP and PvE it does a decent amount of damage too its only drawback is that it is single target.
I mainly use this in PvP but it comes in handy in PvE too, if there is a particularly tough mob or player i will hit them with TK hold them still for almost the entire duration while my summon’s do as much damage as possible and then i slam them to the ground for the knockdown and followup with whatever is appropriate at the time,be careful when using this you can’t cancel it and you need to finish throwing the target around before you can move again.
TK can and will leave you in a very bad position if you are holding a mob while something else is attacking you.

##Swap:

Swap is a really handy tool to have in your arsenal, it works incredibly well with pillar of agony, sleep and pretty much any of your team mates lasting ground skills what gives it it’s edge is that you can trade places with bosses swap them onto fireball swap them onto frost ground swap them into pillars on walls so that there movement bugs out put them anywhere you want!
A good trick to know with swap is that used against players as well, you can swap players over dungeon gates into hidden areas you can even get your entire party over quest blocks without having to finish the prerequisites all you have to do is Teleport to the desired location duel them one by one and swap them.

• You are going to need this to use pole of agony well

• You can swap players out of clerics safety wall and into death traps and friendly aoes

##Teleportation:

This is pretty much the main selling point of the circle, i opted for Psychokino c1 for my build after seeing how this worked in CBT the most use i get out of it is when i am fighting bosses/mobs etc if you have your summons out popping teleport makes the monsters aggro your summons instead and saves you taking a LOT of damage,it can be hit and miss occasionally with ranged mobs but if your positioning is right most of the time its very reliable this also works well with swap for the reason’s mentioned above.

#Sorcerer Circle 1/2:

Sorcerer is the cornerstone of my entire build, and is by far my favorite class out of the all the classes second only to Chronomancer the mechanics are so unique and there is so much potential in the boss summons
Lets get right down to it.

#Summoning:

When you class change to sorcerer you get a grimoire tab added to your UI with two slots that lets you place devil type monster cards in it, the second slot is largely irrelevant and used only for restoring the HP of your summon or changing your summon to the second card slot via the skill morph. Using the skill summoning you can bring your devil pals to life.

Your summons damage and defenses are only loosely based around your stats and the level of the skill, at level ten you get (1.3 Ă— INT)/(1.3 x SPR) when i first looked at these numbers i thought the amount of INT i had was going to make a huge difference in damage but currently it only adds a decent amount with 400 int x 1.3 = 520 points in damage difference the main source of your base damage is going to come from the card itself which has a max level of 10 stars, it is not worth investing in SPR for the def bonus your summons will automatically have high magic and physical defense and will have enough defense rate just by leveling them, recasting summoning or using morph will heal your summon to full hp the cooldown on these skills is short of enough to always keep your summon alive. Summoning drains a set percentage of your mana per second, so its almost always a good idea to keep your max mana pool low you should only invest a tiny amount of skill points into SPR if any, with level 10 alchemist pots you should be able to keep your summon out permanently while being able to spam your characters DPS abilities,good mana management is key to using your summon and dps rotation effectively.

• Use mouse mode with summoning because you can mouse over the area you want your summon to spawn and poof! it will appear when used with keyboard mode it will only spawn in front of your character and this has caused me aggro issues before.

• You can obtain cards from defeating certain field bosses/ quests / card battles you will already have a fair few by the time you reach Sorcerer, there is a huge selection and while a lot of them are lackluster there are a few hidden gems among the list of choices.

• Your summon is not immortal treat it with care, usually fighting something within 10-20 levels of yourself is ok but once you start getting higher the damage mobs are going to do to you will increase exponentially due to the level difference damage penalty.

• A really good weapon to have handy is Maga rod it increases your HP while reducing your SP, making your SP pool easier to maintain and helps you save a little bit of money on pots.

(You can get this from Flame Lord in the 190 Dungeon)

###Leveling your Cards:
Your cards have a max level of 10 stars and can be leveled using card synthesis while sitting each star will add +10% to your summons total attributes leaving you with +100% at max level.
Card synthesis works by feeding your base monster other cards what i generally do is try to hold onto my devil summons feeding my summon all my duplicate cards / non devil type cards if you find yourself lacking in cards to feed your summon you can easily obtain them from cubes by doing dungeons and world bosses.

How to level up cards: Source DogeSummoner

#Using your summon effectively:

• List item

(Still writing this up just thinking of what else to add)

#Summon Familiar:

This little skill is probably the third highest hitting DPS on your entire rotation, people tend to underestimate Summon Familiar, but i see its true potential.
It is a dark property homing beacon pretty much that you summon target the monster you want to throw one bat at and hit Z, if you want to send all your bats flying at once just cast an AoE like magic missile which hits multiple times once they are locked onto a target they do not stop until they hit it.
The bats also react to you getting hit sort of like dark theurge but with a more reliable radius.

It’s not really quite specific what this scales with nor have i been able to figure it out, but it seems have increased in damage based on your Magical Attack: INT, this skill may not look like much at first but it starts to shine at rank 7 with Summon Familiar + Quick cast + Envocation + Level 100 Attribute
You can easily turn your bat missile into a homing bat nuke the potential is endless and even without min maxing all the attributes just with quick cast + envocation + level 30 attribute alone i see anywhere from 3k-3.7k a bat.

• Bats work like any other summon, can take damage and aggro.

###Splash:

Not a bad attribute max it’s level it is cheap provides you with a low proc chance of your bat nukes turning into a low AoE radius skill.

#Summon Salamon:

A lovable little fire Elemental that is not as useless as everyone makes him out to be but he is not great either, you really don’t lose anything by investing one point into him, he serves as a pretty valuable off tank and you can make him take aggro by Teleporting.
Salamon will slightly add to your overall DPS, and save your ass on a few occasions his attacks are classified as Physical Melee but you will probably see anywhere from 1k-2k a hit from him.

###Burn:

Probably the better of the two attribute’s and your only going to want to use one due to the +20 SP Consumption of the skill
The 10% burn proc provides pretty good overall damage and is a small bonus to his auto attacks.

###Blind:

You can level this it dosn’t cost too much, but you will most likely be leaving it off 90% of the time i could see how it would have small uses in dueling but otherwise its not worth the SP consumption.

#Boss Skill Analysis

#Summons:

Visit sorcerer mega thread it has a pretty well rounded, comprehensive review of boss skills

#Warlock:

6 Likes

Reserved for equipment

/20characters

Reserved for videos

/20charcters

Also reserved, but body too similar.

Linker synergyzes better with both Warlock and Sorcerer, also very good for Magic Missile, don’t really see the point of taking 1 rank on Kino for this build. It would only be useful for PvP as it has useful situational skills.

Your missing the fact that swap is applicable to team mate skills and pillar of agony , teleport drops all aggro from you to your summons which levels 230+ is pretty vital to you not getting two shot and you can get into hidden areas for map completion and chests. IMO it brings more to the table then linker ever will, but let me finish writing this all up before you start to criticize however i do believe i specified the reason’s i took kino instead of linker in the psychokino section if you read it. ever since the last linker nerf it became much less useful for warlock good for featherfoot though.

i was just about to upload a video of how i use psychokino’s utility effectively to the linker section of the guide was just waiting for it to upload.

I’m not saying is bad, I’m saying Linker is better.

Swap is useful but VERY situational, you said it yourself that you can simply reposition monsters.

Teleport drops aggro but you already have a tanker under your control, it’s useful but it’s not a fade. The only good thing would be getting a few more maps to 100% and such.

Irrelevant for Warlock? I really don’t see how, let me explain it clearly to you:

• Dark Theurge is the skill wih the best hitcount in the game, it deals 25 hits at C1, most likely 75 hits at C3. Those are SINGLE TARGET hits, the only thing that can make it better is both Linker and Quickcast Att.

• Pole of Agony NEEDS a skill to focus mobs in one place, it doesn’t have to last for long becaus PoA has an after-effect with DoTs for quite some time. Pole is AoE so it doesn’t get shared by links but guess who does? It’s DoT’s. Yes, most people until now see Pole of Agony as a poor designed skill for it’s long cooldown but the reality is that it gets too OP with Linker if you manage to link 6 targets and have the simply touch the pole for the DoTs.

About Kino real synergy with Warlock:

• PP does mediocre damage for huge SP consumption (another %SP consumption is not what you need for a summoner with no SP regen) and don’t even stunlock at C1.

• Swap is good, but situational and for Pole of Agony, not as good as Hangman’s Knot, each of your 6 linked mobs get 6*dots.

• Teleport is really, as you said, the only good skill you’d be taking as Kino 1 Sorc. It would help you take aggro off if you don’t really know how to manage it and having some map completion or chests.

• Telekinesis is mostly a PvP skill where you disable an enemy while you also disable yourself.

I don’t think the idea of mixing Kino and Warlock is bad, I just believe it should be done with Cryo, not Sorcerer.

2 Likes

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree then, JP has its uses i am going to lie however i still think Kino 1 brings more to the table. yes you can manage aggro but your never going to be able to perfectly keep all the aggro on your summon in most circumstances there’s a bunch of different variables and Teleport as an aggro dropper has saved my ass more times then i count

Swap can work to the same effect as JP as far as pole of agony is concerned because it can pick up 5 mobs with a decently sized radius. except they get hit with the pillars damage and the dot

I might have to concede with you on Dark Theurge though but it gets the job done and if im not mistaken doesn’t JP cancel once the mob dies?.,
Anyway this build is designed for both PvP/PvE and with the way TK works it gives you an immense advantage.

I agree PP, falls off late game as i stated but while leveling 1-150 range it can be really helpful.

One great thing to do with teleport that always makes me laugh, is to drop the aggro onto your summoned familiars and then run around in circles and watch the mobs go crazy.

I really see your point, if you feel like that it’s really up to you, I just believe topic should have discussions so people with less knowledge can make good decisions.

It’s not easy to see what linker brings to the table, the game itself takes it for a hard to play class, Linking mobs is actually the basics of it. Kino is a normal class, good utility skills and all of them very simple at it.

The point is, you can Swap 5 mobs but they won’t take 5x more damage from being Linked while suffering DoTs.

Telekinesis is for PvP only and you can’t use anything else while keeping an enemy useless too, people will simply aim for you when you hold someone on the other team.

The point is: JP really has it uses, and the best 2 uses for it are: Sorcerer and Warlock. I’m not saying kino doesn’t work well with those, but it is a fact that those classes work very nicely with linker.

Well, guess we’ll have to both get to rank 7 class 15 and test our builds out so we can really see which is better, I think both are very good.

Well i agree TK can put you in an incredibly vulnerable position as i stated in the guide, but if you throw them in front of your positioned summon they also can’t do anything while your summon kills them. You can also just straight drag people out of their groups positioning in GvG and throw them into the back of yours helpless while your entire team kills them instantly

Nice guide man. A lot of usefull information to consider. Hoping to see complete son. :slight_smile:

About if be Linker 1 or Kino 1…it dosent matter to the purposes of the guide. Anyone can choose one or the other in a personal preference and this guide continues to be very good and usefull for people who are indecise and dont have time to do experiments. Linker or Kino is not the Core of this build

Keep the good work brainey_boy

Thank you, its slow going trying to keep up on my grinding / work but i add a little bit everyday :slight_smile:

can’t wait for the finished guide.

turns out the guide was abandoned, a little disappointing.

Not abandoned (:, just want to finish maxing all my attributes before i finish it, should have it done before f2p though have a lot of new stuff i have learned to add

at the time i started this guide, i was only fresh into warlock and i have learned a few of my insights may have not been 100% correct or panned out like i thought so for the sake of accuracy i have been grinding my @ss off between work etc, but i have few things written up i need to add

few things that need correcting too, for SWAP has many more uses then i anticipated

Didn’t seem like many people were interested in sorcerer either, so probably why i procrastinated a little but i will finish it hopefully soon

Do you still feel that kino is a worthy alternative to linker after playing awhile longer? I feel like kino would make a more versatile character yet miss out on a metric ton of control in parties.

Yeah, i still prefer it my life would be agony(Hah get it?) without swap honestly, would be a pain to hit with pole of agony otherwise, have been in lots of Open World PvP now, and Swap and Tk is invaluable, same with teleport

JP + HK puts all linked enemies exactly in the point where you auto-cast Pole.

Anyway, your build is cool and very similar to mine, I’m not Warlock yet, not in much of a hurry, still level 208 right now.

Kino really has awesome utility for 1x1 PvP, hope to see this guide finished and to finish my own character so I can really compare.

Nah, the utility is great is group PvP, i will just cast pole then use swap on people standing in safety wall, and instant kill all five with DoT

I’m all about that grave dig, but I have a question that may benefit others. Theorycrafting wise, can you substitute Warlock for Sorc3 or Featherfoot for other reasons? I’m a terrible researcher when it comes to Wizards as it seems to be more of a personal thing once you get Wiz3 to futureproof yourself.