Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] How to play ToS or any game with WTFast

Since ToS can be played with steam, i gonna show you how to use WTFast - a software use VPN to help you get a stable ping, maybe lower.
WTFast nowadays is Free, if you like it u can upgrade and become a premium user for more option.

1. You can download WTFast on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/315880/
  2. You will need to create an account for it: https://www.wtfast.com/Account/Create
  3. Start your WTFast and login your account.
  4. Now u can see something like this:

In “Game” section, you can find your game with “Listed Games”, if your game don’t have in the list like Tree of Savior, you can choose “Custom games”.
    In “Network” section, imo you should try all server near you until u find a good one, that can give you a stable ping and lower than normal when you play without WTFast.
  5. We don’t have ToS in Listed Games, so i gonna show you how to custom your WTFast to play ToS and any game u want.
    Click on “Custom Games” and u should see something like this

Click on “Add” button, u will see a new window pop up

You can put in any name like “ToS”
Game executable file is the file running in Task Manager when u play that game, if you don’t know how to find it here is a simple way to do:

• Start your game.
  • Switch to desktop and open task manager (ctrl + alt + del)
  • Right click on that game in task manager then choose “Open file location”

In this case with ToS, you can see where is the game executable location.
  • Go back to WTFast, go to previous location and choose that file.

6.Press ok, and click “Play!” button to start your game.
7. If any error pop up just click ok, once u are in the game, u can switch to WTFast and check current number of connection, if it’s >=1 you are ok, if it’s still 0 there must be something wrong.

Video:

Long time i didn’t make any guide since 3-4 years ago, if you have any question please comment below and sorry if you can’t understand my english haha.

40 Likes

NICE TUTORIAL!!

9 Likes

Good for those people who don’t haven’t tried WTFast before, or for those who don’t even know about it yet.

I can confirm it’s helped me in other games.

And i’m listening to ToS openning right now, since i open ToS for this guide :heart:

1 Like

Thanks ! I tried to find the game location but I couldn’t.
Good suggestion.

1 Like

yeah, with my way, you can find any game location you want.

Just to add on the setting, the file paths are below if you did not change the path while installing steam.

Game executable file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\Client_tos.exe

Run with launcher:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe

Launch Parameters:
steam://rungameid/372000

12 Likes

Thank you! I haven’t known about WTFast before your guide.)
Hope it’ll help.

Update a video

Oh i forgot to unhide my mouse X_X

Thanks a bunch dude! This’ll save me from future headaches.

I’ll try this if the game comes out and will have some kind of delay. Since I’m like 12 hrs. Away from the server time.

Bookmark for now. thumbs up

PS anyone from the same timezone (as mine) that had participated cbt1 had some latency(not sure if it’s the correct term) problem in game?

Trying this out for emergency cases. Thanks!

I dunno, it’s got quite a few negative reviews and apparently they’re even bribing people for positive reviews.

Yeah that because they give away 1 month of premium for who post a positive review on steam, but that against steam’s rules.
So they take it back, then people rage and make more negative review.
Now they decide to make WTFast can be use 100% free with steam,
Then once again, everything back to normal.

Nice Info :+1:
/20characters

I haven’t check my WTFast acct since I’ve used my free subscription…
SO what’s the status of WTFast now? Still wants you to pay for premium and go no free use of their servers once you used it for the first time???

Free Subscription is become free user which mean, u need an account for that.
And u won’t need to do anything to subscribe again like b4.
If you want u still can upgrade to premium for more option.
Free User is 100% free now without any special requirments

1 Like

Geh thanks, gonna use my old acct for now and try it again!!

i am from sea, in WTFast which US server should I pick?
I tested Los Angeles and Florida the ping are still around 300-400

then you should pick SEA and lowest ping the best