Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide | Burst DPS] Cryomancer/Psychokino RC Featherfoot *Updated*

What makes a good build?

The most important thing about creating a consistent build is choosing the right class, if you miss a useful skill doesn’t matter much since you can reset the skill points of your character.

1# Rule: The build must fulfill the role that you want it to accomplish.
2# Rule: Every rank needs to improve or/and add at least 2-3 good skills.
3# Rule: The build should have synergy between classes, some skills can be good by themselves but it is not enough, there must be one more reason on top of that.

What this build wants to accomplish?

The main goal of this build is to be capable of Soloing Bosses and bringing an insane damage to the party by using the famous Ice Wall + Psychic Pressure combo. We will expand on this idea and make the the build even better.

Video of the Combo: https://youtu.be/tkr4HsPakps?t=46

The Skill Tree

Stat Build

Invest 2:1 INT:CON until you have 90 points in CON and 296 points in INT, after that put more points in INT until you get 304 points without equips.
The other points (62 plus all bonus points you can get) you can spent in anything you judge necessary, just remember that Psychic Pressure will consume % of SP not a flat amount.

Pros

• Very high single target DPS.
  • High amount of CCs.
  • High sustain with Featherfoot.
  • Has decent AoEs.

Cons

• Very high SP usage.
  • Somewhat high Cooldown.

Choice of Classes

Cryomancer (C2)

• Ice Bolt: High chance of freezing and good damage
  • Ice Pike: Main AoE skill, you’ll use it a lot while leveling.
  • Ice Wall: Combo Skill with Psychic Pressure. When the wall takes a hit it will shatter fragments that will deal insane amounts of damage. The main damage comes from this skill in the combo.
  • Subzero Shield: Cause damage when you block damage and has a chance to freeze.
  • Gust: Hit 3x on frozen enemies and 2x on not frozen enemies. Helps with your AoE too.

Psychokino (C1)

• Psychic Pressure: Combo with Ice Wall, has a Stun chance and consume SP percentage per second. This skill will hit the Ice Wall to trigger the damage.
  • Swap: Skill used in Psychic Pressure + Ice Wall to trap the target in the walls.
  • Teleportation: You will use this to escape in PvP most of the time.

Choose ONE:

Psychokino (C2)

• Magnetic Force: AoE Damage, has Stun chance and collide targets in the area at the end of the skill.

OR

Linker - Probably the better choice

• Joint Penalty: This skill will overcome the problem with AoE. Helps with the leveling.
  • Hangman’s Knot: Free CC.
  • Physical Link: Standard utility.

Linker Hidden Effect
Will get you some party, because they consider you such a good support.

Runecaster

• Rune of Ice: Huge amplification in Cryomancer’s skill damage (and huge amplification in the combo damage). You and your allies cause slow on auto attacks.
  • Rune of Destruction: Similar to Meteor, very High Damage, high cast time skill and high cooldown.
  • Rune of Giants (Optional): 100% Def and +20 mov speed. The giant can’t cast most of the magic abilities and jumping in the enemy when in giant form cause damage. Your tank will take it when in party.
  • Rune of Protection (Optional): Increase chance to resist to Status Ailment and increase critical resistance based on your SPR.

Featherfoot

• Blood Bath: Cause Bleeding, cures you when you walk through the blood. Only beast/devil/insect types monsters will spew blood for you to regen HP.
  • Blood Sucking: Regenerate life in based on % of the damage done. Consume SP very fast.
  • Bone Pointing: Magic attack that applies curse (cursed enemies cannot recover HP). After cast, the bone remains 55s in the area and continue to attack enemies.
  • Ngadhundi: Inflict Decay (target receive more Missile damage). High and instant melee damage. Also Decay deal damage over time based on maximum health.

Skill Order

Rune of Destruction is used in the start of the boss fight since is the highest cooldown in the build.
Bone Pointing can be used right after to get a free damage, if the boss can heal himself you should cast this skill first since it will apply Curse.

The Combo

Bone Pointing > Rune of Ice > Ice Wall > Swap > Psychic Pressure.

Remember to stay kinda close to the enemy because the Swap distance is not far.

Closing Thoughts

Nothing crazy new about this build, but you can solo and have sustain if you are not out of mana of course.
Any question or english mistakes you can comment and I will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

Check my other Guide

8 Likes

Why Featherfoot over Warlock? Genuinely curious, as I want to build a wizard type character, but no idea what path to follow yet. Considering either this or Wiz3 -> Ele3 -> Warlock.

Also how does this fare in party play? Planning to play with 2-3 friends so am wondering if this is better than going the classic Wiz3 > Ele3 > Warlock, as I want to have more variety as well.

I edited the guide for the Stat Build. Featherfoot will allow you to solo so many bosses because of the Healing, while the DoT part of the skill keeps damaging the target and allow you to use any other skill. Bone pointing also ofer a good DPS and can zone in PvP.

Man do u have any video showing bone pointing at a real use? cant find it, and taking into account the ones i’ve seen the skill looks pretty awful for damage, i’d rather leaving it at level 1 and putting Ngadhundi just for damage filler (although its a SUPER poorly designed skill for a wizard tbh).

I’ll second that… I wish I could find information on it. It took ages to find out if the Owl statues for Diev scaled off Matk and now I feel like this is a similar situation.

I wish ToSbase had a breakdown of the damage formulas for the spells. Like listing the Matk per second etc. Cause at least for Wizards there is strangeness occasionally.

Guys do you know if PP tick faster under quick cast?

1 Like

i’d rather leaving it at level 1 and putting Ngadhundi just for damage filler (although its a SUPER poorly designed skill for a wizard tbh).

Bone Pointing is very slow and i max it because of the duration. Ngadhundi hits very hard if you want to max another skill.

Guys do you know if PP tick faster under quick cast?

No.

It doesn’t. I dont know who started saying that here in the forum, but i believed in it as well.

I can just say that people need to start thinking outside of the box, following other builds just because someone use it in ktos will make you learn nothing, hope the players in itos start trying new things and find something better everyday,

3 Likes

Updated the build with linker to cover a simple weakness, lack of AoE, by not having Psyc C2, you will lose a AoE with CC but will get more with linker.

I was actually going to go the same build as you but I did more research and I’m thinking Pyro instead, nonetheless yours looks great. I do have a question tho…

I was wondering if anyone can confirm this or test this out. I recently saw a video of a featherfoot using blood sucking on a fireball to regain health. I was wondering can this happen on a ice wall also? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nrkxm5Rcq4

last few seconds…

Anyway, if thats true, maybe a int/spr and later con at late levels would be wise.

Featherfoot can only drain HP from Beast, Devil, and Insect-type monsters. That video is outdated.

Now that you said it, if BS can hit the ice wall, even if you don’t have psychic pressure you will be able to use the combo. In tosbase Blood Bath and Blood Sucking have a wrong description so i don’t know if you monster type affect BS.

Edit: You can suck HP from ANYTHING with BS.
Edit²: Can hit Anything but will not get HP

i’m afraid u cant. only from beast, devil and insect.

But man, if they dont change it later on FF is gonna suck forever.

1 Like

Thank you for the information.

There a LOT of beast, devil and insect monsters, and you can still damage the target.
Is the same thing with types of damage, you will lose a lot of damage if you have slash damage againt Plate Armor, just don’t try to grind monsters with plate.

That’s true. but those are unnecessary limitations if u just think about there are magic resistant mobs anyway (or dark-resistant ones). But i agree the life-drain effect is really good, although i’m sure they can do better rework on the other 3 skills (bone pointing , ngahundi (?) , kurdawhatever).

Bone pointing needs a attack speed atribute, like falconer. Ngahundi is fine. The curse while walking skill is just terrible.

i’m kinda curious about how AoE attack ratio affect psychic burst

do increasing my character’s AoE Attack Ratio increases PP AoE AR too?

AoE Attack Ratio affect how many target it will hit, it does not make the area bigger.

by

i meant the AoE Attack Ratio (AoE AR) of the spell, lv 5 it can hit 9 targets

if i have 3 AoE AR, does it goes up to 12 targets?
(considering 1 AoE DR enemies)

and, also, can i link the ice walls with joint penalty?