Tree of Savior Forum

Good Cryomancer/Psycho/Linker Build?

I’ve looked around and I keep hearing you either take Cryo1 or Cryo3 (snow rolling does looka appealing).

I’m trying to find a good cryo/psycho build in general, and I believe linker is pretty useful.

I don’t know much about the class and I’m just pulling together some recollections I had partying with cryos and linkers.

Can I have some suggestions for builds (links to comprehensive guides would be AMAZING) for a Cryo3 + Psycho + Linker build?

Or some variation of that if you believe that’s good?

This was the build I’m considering for now:

I am also considering a simple Cryo 3 Psycho 3 build here:

This is the build I’m going for. More of a glass cannon, 46 con, max int.
Build is a modification of little samson’s build

His build has pyro at rank 7 to deal even more damage with psy pressure.

Are you building for PvP or PvE?

More for PvE, but I’m trying to avoid too many setup moves (coming from Monk/Priest, so).

I’d like to PvP perhaps, but generally more fluid PvE.

I’ve heard Wizard 3 isn’t really great synergy with Cryo. Would it be better to go for Cryo 3 (for shield and more ice wall)?

Wiz-Cryo3 is your standard

• Kino1 for PP IW (CC, not dmg) and some usefull skills (swap, teleportation, telekinesis - lift & throw). Go on Kino2 for pvp purpose.
  • Linker always good (right?), depend on your choice. JP-HmK-PP with stun combo?

I’ve heard linker was debatable at C1 if you’re not taking Featherfoot. Been seeing rune caster a lot…

I dont know what you want at your wizard, IMO you are a little greedy :smiley:
You should decide which one is “must” and what do you want to do with your wiz.

Haha, that might be right.

I’d like to have the standard cryo 3 damage with PP.

More of a DPS character with a little utility.

I made this just now with 2:1 Int/Con in mind; thoughts?

You are more supportive toon than damage dealer, and far away from becoming DPS dealer.
The only source of your damage tools is: PP-IW + Rune of Ice, every 3 mins (your damage not good without rune). Remember, it’s not AoE combo skill, it’s SINGLE-targert multi-hit skill.
Your main skills should be:

• Frost pillar.
  • IW-PP for CC.
  • JP-HmK > freeze / wait teamate do something, etc.
    Rune caster here is just for Rune of Ice (maybe Rune of Giant for some purpose). The others may not good as you image.

Have you ever tried the Ice Wall + PP combo? Do you really like it?

It’s not easy to pull off, especialy at bosses and even more so without surespell.

I think you should not take so many low-rank classes into one build, RC is also not that great unless on very specific builds (GvG/WB builds)

Wiz > Cryo > Kino > Linker > Chrono 3 (weaker than Wiz > Cryo > Linker 2 > Chrono 3, but may still be useful at Rank 8)

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 > Sage

Only if you want PvP build you should mix Cryo and Kino. Or Wiz 3 > Kino > Cryo > Pyro > RC full INT if you want to kill bosses fast.

There is an Ice Necklace coming so Cryo 3 > Linker 3 > Sage might become an option too since they are both good supportive classes.

1 Like

I see, that’s really good feedback.

Is there a good dps build with cryo 3? Not familiar with many of the wiz classes.

@samuelzhang3

Only for bosses, Wiz 3 > Cryo > Kino > RC > Pyro have the strongest attack in the game, at least at rank 7, I’ve seen a dude do 1,5m+ damage at level 250.

Aside that single build, if not for PvP, Cryo is a CC/defensive class, has no good DPS spells but very good field control.

If you want to do DPS, drop Cryo, go Wiz 3 > Linker 1+ > something.

If you want Cryo 3 and don’t want to quit after reaching 260+, Cryo 3 Chrono 3 is the way to go.

If you want a PvP character, Cryo 3 > Kino 3 > Sage is indeed very good.

Thanks! I think I’ll go with cryo chrono 3.

I’d like to play offensively, but I just really like cryo, haha.

Out of curiosity, what are the merits of the first build? I’m definitely not a fan of buffing all the time and it seems strange to mix Pyro and cryo with RC.

If you want to stand out offensively you should go for some Wiz 3 > Linker or Elememe build probably.

Support is way cheaper from an attribute point of view so it’s a very good character to have. Leveling is way slower so you might want to look up to good grinding guides, you can make it to level 220+ with Power Levels (or grind at some nasty spots like bees or DP2 and Royal if there is no Warlock grinding to give power level), missions and Exp Cards only.

The Ice Rune + Quickcast + Fire Ball + Ice Wall + PP (full INT with very good matk gear) can do amazing damage bursts, the problem is it’s long cooldown, so it is a WB/Dungeon Boss killer mostly. Fire Ball makes the Ice Wall splash faster apparently, also if you are close to the boss (or he comes) you can deal the fire projectile damage too for some extra burst.

1 Like

Would this be a good build?

Starting to understand I can’t really have what I’d like, but this seems like a good approach. Will I have significant trouble mobbing without linker, though?

And this would be a very standard wizard-path mobbing/dps build?

I’m not sure if this is actually true though… has this been tested?

The reason why samson went wiz 3 is so that he has surespell and quickcast.
Surespell allows you to use psychic pressure without interruption from normal attacks by mobs. Which means you can cast Icewall PP with significantly less interruption.

Also while all cryo spells are on cooldown, you can go with psychic pressure on the boss which is not too bad for damage even at level 5 with quick cast +50% magice damage attribute.

Quick cast attribute also increases damage from icewall shards so its still a bonus.

As for cryo 3, I think CC of cryo 3 is not very worth it. I think that the main problem is the long cool down of all the skills. I think Chrono is better if you want CC support.

And the reason why I go linker 1 at first is to help with leveling, magic missile and hangman’s not, while some might say it is not very good at linker 1, i think it is just enough level to end game ++ where linker 2 would be good.

For the elementalist build, Im not sure if warlock is actually something you want to take given that at rank 8, warlock c2 isnt very good apparently(not sure if this is true)

My recommendation is to take linker at rank 7 but it is up to you.

1 Like