Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me on this. I wanted to know where the pause button is.

Also the exit button. If I exit this downloader, can I still resume it when i re-open the launcher exe?

kToS test server access privileges last forever? D:<

I guess Iā€™ll never be on equal grounds with some peopleā€¦ I wanted to be self-sufficientā€¦ This entire kToS OBT is pointless for me if they will still release content for bug testing in the test serverā€¦

Should be the 3rd button ā€˜ģ „ģ†”ģ¤‘ė‹Øā€™ to pause download. Not sure of closing the downloader resumes upon opening again.

From that video, since both no attribute and attribute did 3 hits (though the third is hardly visible, itā€™s overlapping the second perfectlyā€¦) Iā€™d say that they indeed removed the ability of the attribute to do collision damage to things that you simply canā€™t knock back.

And on top of that, it only does 3 hits as opposed to theā€¦7, 8 ish here?

RIP Cartar indeed.

The attribute for collision damage is working though on targets which can be knocked back. So thatā€™s good, I guess?

But hey, itā€™s not all doom and gloom for Highlanders. Skyliner is now 0 CD. I still think thatā€™s pretty brokenā€¦ especially with Cross Cutā€™s two uses.

I do miss the enormous amounts of hits that Cartar Stroke used to do though. :confused:

Well yes, thatā€™s what I said. The attribute doesnā€™t work on things that canā€™t be knocked back. Which is what this patch mentioned. I suppose elites and bosses are coded to be ā€œStructuresā€ since theyā€™re immovable by any means, hence the lack of collision damage from Cartar (and Gust/Smite too by extension)

Because it really is. LOL.

TYVM! /20charactersssss

I was just trying to detract from Cartar Stroke being a shell of its former self. :wink:

I think it is not a privilege to test new contents before most of the other players, but kind of a sweet burden, if you really devote yourself to testing with the development team. It is like you raise a child, hold his/her hand, and watch your child growing up bit by bit. :open_mouth:

And I have no guarantee that every single new content will be implemented and tested on test server first. I am just saying that this server will still be open, always ready for some test, if needed.

Mmm, Iā€™m not arguing that it is unfair in the perspective of favouritism towards the kToS testers or anything. Really, people have done a good service for the community, and I agree that it is more of a burden to continue, rather than playing on official kToS servers which have some definite permanence to it.

Iā€™m just bitter that I am still at the mercy of othersā€™ generosity of knowledge, when I am strong enough to figure things out myself if I had the opportunityā€¦ Itā€™s equivalent to me being a nameless human who is helpless to find their own way through this game, and needs to leech off of other playersā€™ efforts, no?

I guess some self-sufficiency in kOBT, if Iā€™m willing to grind at normal rates without Kuu, Aqua or Necrover being constantly aroundā€¦ I just have big plans, but I still feel one step behind, myuuā€¦ Anyway thatā€™s all irrelevant in this thread.

1 Like

##kOBT Installation Guide

Hopefully, this should guide you to installing kOBT. You will need a Nexon Korea account which has been verified. I canā€™t help you with that, so refrain from posting about it. Sorry!

I believe youā€™ll need the account verified, but Iā€™m unsure. Some Nexon games need your account to be verified before playing, but some do not. However, verified accounts arenā€™t automatically locked out from 12am to 6am KST though due to Shutdown Law.

• Make sure you log into Nexon Korea first before anything!
  • If youā€™re having trouble downloading, disable your antivirus first then download, they can cause disruptions with the download.
  1. Once youā€™ve logged into Nexon Korea, click here to get the downloader.

2. Open the downloader.

Click the first purple button to begin downloading. If a pop up appears, click the left button. It should begin downloading.

• You can click the second purple button to pause/resume downloads.
  • The black button (ķ“ė”ė³€ź²½) allows you to change the download directory. By default, it will usually be C:\Download\TOS.
  1. Once the download has finished (feel free to close the downloader), go to the download location and open tos.exe.
  • Nexon Game Manager notifications should pop up, accept the notifications (the ticks: āœ“) to begin installation.
  1. Once the installationā€™s finished, you can then begin the game by navigating to the main site and clicking the Game Start (ź²Œģž„ģ‹œģž‘) button! Thatā€™s the giant blue one which is animated.

####Note, you canā€™t start the game until 15th of Dec, 20:00 ~ 23:59 (KST) or 17th of Dec, 15:00 (KST)

Hopefully this should help with the installation.

Note: Weā€™ll have to wait until we can access the client before I can give instructions on how to apply the translation files. Iā€™ll make another guide for it though when weā€™re able to do so.

14 Likes

I would like to make an addendum. Many antivirus should be turned off so that the download works, otherwise the antivirus can disrupt enough.

Thanks, Iā€™ll add that in. :smile:

Hereā€™s a question.

Are Schwarzer Reiter and Musketeer compatible in any way? The female picture for Musketeer looks like sheā€™s holding a normal Pistol rather than a 2-handed Rifle.

To be honest, Iā€™m not entirely sure. From previous screenshots, Musketeer skills only show the Musket icon. Iā€™m also not sure if SR skills are compatible with Muskets now.

@tomgo32000 would know more about that, since he has a Musketeer. Tom, do you know if you can use Pistols with Musketeerā€™s skills or if Schwarzer Reiter skills can be used with Muskets?

Iā€™d wager a ā€˜noā€™ though.

Thatā€™s even worse then.

Normal Cartar (with knockback off) is supposed to hit 4 time, in fact thatā€™s the change they made when they change previous Cartar to the icbt 2 one. (old one was adding 1 hit per skill level, then icbt2 cartar is fixed to 4 hits default)

If so, I hope itā€™s another case like Dragoon and Cata where theyā€™re just working on the animations for now ;x;

Else SR2 it is~

Anyone can help me translate this warlockā€™s attribute ?

ģøė³“ģ¼€ģ“ģ…˜: ģ „ė‹¬
[ģøė³“ģ¼€ģ“ģ…˜]ģœ¼ė”œ ģƒģ„±ėœ ģ•…ė ¹ ź·¼ģ²˜ģ— ģžˆėŠ” ė™ė£Œė“¤ģ€ ģ–“ė‘  ģ†ģ„± ź³µź²©ė „ģ“ ķŠ¹ģ„± ė ˆė²Øė‹¹ 5% ģ¦ź°€ķ•©ė‹ˆė‹¤. ģ•…ė ¹ģ˜ ģ£¼ģøģø ģ‹œģ „ģžėŠ” 2ė°°ģ˜ ķšØź³¼ė„¼ ė°›ģŠµė‹ˆė‹¤.

ģƒģ„øķšØź³¼
ģ–“ė‘  ģ†ģ„± ź³µź²©ė „ 5(+5)% ģ¦ź°€
ģ‹œģ „ģžėŠ” 10(+10)% ģ¦ź°€

ģµœėŒ€ė ˆė²Ø

If iā€™m not wrong: Increase dark property attacks by 15% (max) for nearby allies and 30% for caster when [Invocation] is active ?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Invocation: Deliver

Allies in close proximity to ā€˜evil spiritsā€™ produced by [Invocation] have their Dark Attack increased by 5% per attribute level. This attributeā€™s effect is doubled for the caster.

Effects:
Ally Dark Attack +5% (+5% per attribute level) increase
Caster Dark Attack +10% (+10% per attribute level) increase.

Note: Dark Attack is how itā€™s shown in the stat screen. It refers to Dark Property Attack, similarly to how Arde Dagger gives Fire Attack.

Quite a lot of attributes are percentage based actually. (i.e. Enhance attributes, Hopliteā€™s ā€˜Finestra: Physical Damageā€™, Sadhuā€™s ā€˜Out of Body: Evasionā€™, etc.)

Itā€™s not uncommon. But yeah, it means it boosts your current Dark Attack by a percentage value.