Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

I sure do hope so, IMC kinda killed the support option for CLC tree before., With this people who likes playing support can go use CLC C3 which will greatly boost their healing prowess and also having Guardian Angle in their kit and might make CLC C3 > PLD C3 a thing again as Khabbalist is a potentially good R7 class for PLD

Hi, I just wanted to clarify some stuff, I have a very long experience playing a hoplite/catac3 back on iCBT2 and here’s what I can share regarding Stabbing and Rush.

Stabbing doesn’t get cancelled as long as the enemy’s attacks does not cause flinch or any form of CC like passive knockback. Grinding back at Demon Prison D2, there are even small mobs that can cause flinch on their attacks thus cancelling Stabbing. Swordies are definitely not immune to getting flinched.

As for Rush, I have tested this alot on the Lv175 Dungeon as a “Tank” so meaning, I’m constantly under attack and never it got cancelled by any attacks that can flinch but it can be cancelled by any form of CC like getting breathed by Moulin which results to a knockback.

I’m also pretty sure that Swordies aren’t immune to knockback and knock up because if you tried grinding on Mage Tower 2F where there’s alot of those dogs(?) who spams their knock up skill, you would definitely be annoyed even as a Swordie.

3 Likes

The main factor is whether or not immunity to hitstun is a determining factor to channelled skills being cancelled. The best way to test would be having a C3 Cataphract use Pain Barrier and seeing if Rush is cancelled upon hitstun. (@Riunia Mind testing that out?)

Skills like Shield Charge and Slithering most likely have built in ‘super armor’ which prevent them from flinching. At least, I’d hope they do because they are Rodolero skills.

It’s highly likely that this has been changed in kTest, based on what we’ve seen. @Riunia’s Dragoon is a C3 Cataphract, and was able to test out Rush and noticed it got cancelled upon hitstun. But yes, Swordies aren’t immune to knock back at all, I can personally vouch for that with my Templar and Doppelsoeldner.

When you said “hitstun” is that a real CC like stun for x seconds or a normal hit that can flinch? Cause if it’s really a stun like let’s say from Restrain buff then it would really cancel Rush.

A normal hit that causes flinch.
Best example would be when mobs attack a Peltasta while on Manual Blocking

Hitstun is different to ‘Stun’. Stun is a ‘debuff’ that causes you to completely be unable to control your character for the duration.

Hitstun is akin to ‘flinching’, it’s the recoil animation that you get when enemies attack you. You might notice that when you’re surrounded by a large amount of mobs attacking you, your movement is halted a bit because you flinch a lot. The flinching is hitstuns. Most basic attacks cause this.

So the latter option, yes. We also tested today in kTest that Rush was able to be cancelled upon being hit.

@Riunia Another request (sorry!), do you mind recording footage of Cataphract’s Rush being cancelled upon hit?

Then that is truly a huge nerf then. This makes CataC3 not viable anymore for PeltaC1 ;/ unless not using Rush while gathering mobs … which is lame. Buffed+Nerfed >___>

I would really like to know if IMC included different Hitstun Duration, and Hitstun Recovery.,
As you can see being Hit by a normal attack and getting blocked by manual blocking results to different hitstun duration with the latter being longer.

What about charging skills getting cancelled by an attack which was actually avoided (“Dodge” popped-up), was that fixed yet?

I believe that’s actually been fixed since usually I’d pick up on that and complain about it (which I’ve not done recently), but I can’t be 100% sure until I double check.

Though I’m fairly positive that has been fixed!

Goodness, what happen to Cartar Stroke having 0.5 secs cast time (any lvl) and multi hits?
Time to read the patch notes again…

Yeah, I’ll record that soon. Killing my net right now downloading so I may not get around to it for a bit.

Does anyone knows if Dispeller was removed from pvp or is being planned to be removed ?

@DiscKZee The thing is, they never mentioned the change for channeling skills. All they did was “fixing” the problem with being stuck while getting attacked.

Thats everything related to charging/channeling skills on that day, actually.

Then, some days later the bug they seemed to have fixed occured again:

Ofc this bug happened to trap me way more often than just once, but in this case I had no mobs around me to actually release me by canceling.

So…since the bug they seemed to have fixed isnt fixed and the only change they actually made without announcing is the channeling-change - they just made the skills cancelable to release you easier when that bug occurs?

And as being said several times already, the skills being cancelable is very inconsequent. While they’re getting canceled by DoT and all melee skills, some magic skills, boss attacks and other magic missiles don’t cancel them at all.

Ah and btw, these channeling skills were easily be canceled even before, it just needed a double attack (heavy incoming attacks), stun or knockback to do so and even that was annoying already (since you are a very easy target with channeling possession on the spot).

If you happen to have time, could you try to check if this bug still occurs? Easiest way to reproduce is approaching any mob that does dust and you doing a channeling skill.

Announcement for kTest Players

• With the opening of kOBT on the 17th of December, kTest will be shutting down on the 16th of December.
  • False alarm! An event will be finishing on the 16th, to award the top bug reports so far with prizes. kTest will still be open.
  • If you have an error when trying to connect to kTest, IMC have said that you may need to re-download the client.

The planned patch note guide for kTest has been adjusted slightly.

Raise Dead will be moved to Necromancer C2 now.
Magnum Opus will be moved to Alchemist C2 now.

Every previous change still holds.

I can check if that occurs. It may take a bit due to the issue with reinstalling the client for kTest.

7 Likes

Was Cartar Stroke nerfed or just the attribute doesn’t working well?

It’s unclear if it was nerfed (as in I don’t know if it was), but I don’t have many attributes for Cartar Stroke in the first place, only the Collision Damage one.

How you see it working in the video on the second cast is the basic effect of it at Level 5, with completely no attributes.

1 Like

cartar was cool because had multiple hits…
same goes for sadhu with fast atk speed =p

On this announcement, it says “test server will be open continuously”.

That date 2015-12-16 does not mean on this day the test server is going to be shut down. There’s a bug report event that top 33 of players that have reported most bugs will be rewarded NEXON cash points, and reports will be received until 2015-12-16.

So the test server will still exist for further new contents.

1 Like

Ah, you’re right! I translated ‘shutdown schedule’ in the announcement but missed the first part.

Thanks for the clarification. :smile: