Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

What about charging skills getting cancelled by an attack which was actually avoided (“Dodge” popped-up), was that fixed yet?

I believe that’s actually been fixed since usually I’d pick up on that and complain about it (which I’ve not done recently), but I can’t be 100% sure until I double check.

Though I’m fairly positive that has been fixed!

Goodness, what happen to Cartar Stroke having 0.5 secs cast time (any lvl) and multi hits?
Time to read the patch notes again…

Yeah, I’ll record that soon. Killing my net right now downloading so I may not get around to it for a bit.

Does anyone knows if Dispeller was removed from pvp or is being planned to be removed ?

@DiscKZee The thing is, they never mentioned the change for channeling skills. All they did was “fixing” the problem with being stuck while getting attacked.

Thats everything related to charging/channeling skills on that day, actually.

Then, some days later the bug they seemed to have fixed occured again:

Ofc this bug happened to trap me way more often than just once, but in this case I had no mobs around me to actually release me by canceling.

So…since the bug they seemed to have fixed isnt fixed and the only change they actually made without announcing is the channeling-change - they just made the skills cancelable to release you easier when that bug occurs?

And as being said several times already, the skills being cancelable is very inconsequent. While they’re getting canceled by DoT and all melee skills, some magic skills, boss attacks and other magic missiles don’t cancel them at all.

Ah and btw, these channeling skills were easily be canceled even before, it just needed a double attack (heavy incoming attacks), stun or knockback to do so and even that was annoying already (since you are a very easy target with channeling possession on the spot).

If you happen to have time, could you try to check if this bug still occurs? Easiest way to reproduce is approaching any mob that does dust and you doing a channeling skill.

Announcement for kTest Players

• With the opening of kOBT on the 17th of December, kTest will be shutting down on the 16th of December.
  • False alarm! An event will be finishing on the 16th, to award the top bug reports so far with prizes. kTest will still be open.
  • If you have an error when trying to connect to kTest, IMC have said that you may need to re-download the client.

The planned patch note guide for kTest has been adjusted slightly.

Raise Dead will be moved to Necromancer C2 now.
Magnum Opus will be moved to Alchemist C2 now.

Every previous change still holds.

I can check if that occurs. It may take a bit due to the issue with reinstalling the client for kTest.

7 Likes

Was Cartar Stroke nerfed or just the attribute doesn’t working well?

It’s unclear if it was nerfed (as in I don’t know if it was), but I don’t have many attributes for Cartar Stroke in the first place, only the Collision Damage one.

How you see it working in the video on the second cast is the basic effect of it at Level 5, with completely no attributes.

1 Like

cartar was cool because had multiple hits…
same goes for sadhu with fast atk speed =p

On this announcement, it says “test server will be open continuously”.

That date 2015-12-16 does not mean on this day the test server is going to be shut down. There’s a bug report event that top 33 of players that have reported most bugs will be rewarded NEXON cash points, and reports will be received until 2015-12-16.

So the test server will still exist for further new contents.

1 Like

Ah, you’re right! I translated ‘shutdown schedule’ in the announcement but missed the first part.

Thanks for the clarification. :smile:

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me on this. I wanted to know where the pause button is.

Also the exit button. If I exit this downloader, can I still resume it when i re-open the launcher exe?

kToS test server access privileges last forever? D:<

I guess I’ll never be on equal grounds with some people… I wanted to be self-sufficient… This entire kToS OBT is pointless for me if they will still release content for bug testing in the test server…

Should be the 3rd button ‘전송중단’ to pause download. Not sure of closing the downloader resumes upon opening again.

From that video, since both no attribute and attribute did 3 hits (though the third is hardly visible, it’s overlapping the second perfectly…) I’d say that they indeed removed the ability of the attribute to do collision damage to things that you simply can’t knock back.

And on top of that, it only does 3 hits as opposed to the…7, 8 ish here?

RIP Cartar indeed.

The attribute for collision damage is working though on targets which can be knocked back. So that’s good, I guess?

But hey, it’s not all doom and gloom for Highlanders. Skyliner is now 0 CD. I still think that’s pretty broken… especially with Cross Cut’s two uses.

I do miss the enormous amounts of hits that Cartar Stroke used to do though. :confused:

Well yes, that’s what I said. The attribute doesn’t work on things that can’t be knocked back. Which is what this patch mentioned. I suppose elites and bosses are coded to be “Structures” since they’re immovable by any means, hence the lack of collision damage from Cartar (and Gust/Smite too by extension)

Because it really is. LOL.

TYVM! /20charactersssss

I was just trying to detract from Cartar Stroke being a shell of its former self. :wink: