Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

I can’t actually tell. Cartar acts so different on KR haha.

Only did two hits and I guess the second hit would be the collision damage? Does it only do one hit without the attribute?

Oh wow 50% tax that’s a bit… rough not gonna lie, I guess it will discorage them from placing their shops in low level areas as players in high level areas will give more money as they have more expensive to repair gear along the funds to pay for the repair.

1 Like

Well, judging from here, it’s the same amount of hits with or without the attribute.

Bear in mind I only have that attribute on or available for it.

It seems to do about 3 hits always. (Mine is Level 5).

Pretty sure that’s a bug for Possession and similar skills. Because it’s really hard to pull off since it’s melee range, and even if you manage to cast it before the mob hits you, some mobs will not fully be stopped by the effect before they hit you back, and thus cancel it.

For Carve it’s different, you don’t need monsters in range to cast it.

Also Carve always worked like this. Possession and similar skills (like Bwa Kayiman and Stabbing) used to not be canceled by regular hits (only Knockback and other CCs), a recent patch broke them on iCBT2.

1 Like

We really hope one day IMC or you could confirm if Skills like Bwa or Possession are bug or nerfed :frowning: , I cant choose the class now :frowning: so bad

Didn’t see this written down so probably worth mentioning (if it’s been repeated, sorry):

Buffs are now capped at 5 for all classes EXCEPT Swordsman, which is capped at 7 (all of this without Daino of course). Found this to be amusing and tested it after a bit of a discussion.

3 Likes

You took Sadhu C2 right? Can you check out if Possession cancels upon getting hit? Saves me the trouble if you already have one. :wink:

About Stabbing, I’m 99% certain that doesn’t cancel upon getting hit in kTest, I need to check that myself.

EDIT: Stabbing does not cancel upon hit, but I don’t think it counts as a Channel skill either.

@Kiblaster Possession is cancelled upon hit, just tested it.

1 Like

I’m assuming they did this because Swordies get more buffs than any other class at C1.
Not a fan of these class discrepancies though, especially a class that is already stronger than others (damage, hp ratio, dashing). I wish they would make these things more consistent.

@DiscKZee Thanks. So it looks like this “bug” is more a fix and is there to stay. Welp, time to find a new build.

4 Likes

OMG , what did IMC do with Sadhu !!? ,:frowning: nerf Attack speed of OoB then nerf Possession :frowning: , time to change to another class :frowning: .

i tought they revert possession back so it can be usefull again

now they change it back into cancel the spell when getting hit?

We tried it out in PvP on kTest, and it seems getting hit cancelled Possession.

Stabbing wasn’t cancelled, but being knocked back/knocked up will cancel it, like most other skills. (i.e. Energy Blast)

I don’t exactly know if this was an intended change or a bug, it’s very unclear. But going by their take on Dievdirbys’ Carving skills, I would be inclined to believe it’s the former.

1 Like

Yes, stabbing doesn’t cancel upon getting hit., But attacks that displaces your character (i.e. Knockdown, Knock Back) and stuns (i think, never got stunned while using stabbing) will cancel stabbing.

Yup, I think it just has to do with the innate immunity of Swordsmen against flinching. They can’t be knocked up by stuff like Earthquake or Cataphract skills, “launched” back by stuff like Bash or an attributed Umbro Thrust, or flinched by regular mob attacks, unlike other classes.

Kind of that passive Pain Barrier, which makes Pain Barrier only really handy when facing mobs with constant knockback-but-not-launched in their normal attacks, like Cockatrice and Black Colifies.

That happens for a wide range of skills, not just the channelled ones. (e.g. Merkabah, Heal, Zaibas, Energy Blast, Cure, etc.) Most skills which have a ‘placement’ animation, being knocked back or down will cancel it. Same for skills which require you to stay stationary or continually do an action (e.g Stabbing, Cyclone, etc.)

We also just tested Cataphract’s Rush (another Channelled skill), and that also is cancelled upon hit.

I believe hitstun cancels channelled skills in light of this.

Yeah, Pain barrier has little use when not in a boss fight as SWDs are “heavy” enough to resist being pushed around., But pain barrier doesn’t work sometimes resulting me getting launched in Mid-Air

I think Swordsmen are just an abomination of a class…

Not getting launched, being able to dash, been given a higher max count of buffs, I daresay way too much base HP… IT’S SO INCONSISTENT AND ODD.

5 Likes

Hitstuns will really cancel channeled skills for sure as it would be reasonable.,
Hmmmmmm… Now that we have reached this topic., I want to test heavy shot vs channeling skills as it displaces the targets hit by the said skill.

Pain Barrier’s description is actually very misleading. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t prevent knockback or knockups/downs, but it prevents hitstun. If it does prevent knockbacks, then there is an internal counter which grades knockback level, and Pain Barrier negates a certain KB/KD threshold.

This is the flinching animation you get when being hit from normal hits.

I get launched quite a few times whenever I fight “heavy” bosses with exploding ground attacks

Hmmmm., I may misread the skill description., but I heard people not getting launched when they use pain barrier, maybe a bug also.

Yeah, that flinching animation is hitstun, this will be very important to PvP i think, as correct usage of hitstuns will result to the optimal duration your enemy cannot act or move