Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

The first.

Currently, using Cartar Stroke on an immovable target (elites, bosses, etc), the collision damage applies like 5~6 times for some reason and it deals stupid high damage. I think they made it do only one hit on them in one of the last patches of iCBT, but that new patch makes it sound like the collision damage wont apply to them at all.

According to the notes, I donā€™t think thatā€™s the case.

It says it fixed the collision attribute of Cartar Stroke from dealing lower damage than expected, and also stopped Collision Damage working on enemies or structures in ā€˜knocked downā€™ or ā€˜knocked backā€™.

I donā€™t think it would prevent it, though weā€™ll check it out.

1 Like

so now the lethargy additional damage for strike attacks is100% on lvl5?

@EternalDream

I tried Cartar Stroke with the Collision Damage attribute on a Glizardon in the Lv 50 Instance and this was the result.

You should be able to confirm if what you said is now removed, since I didnā€™t have an example to check it against. (Iā€™ve not seen that before.)

@DiscKZee
I saw a lot of people still wondering because the patchnotes werenā€™t totally clear about thatā€¦

Are all channeling skills (possession, bwa, etc) fixed in kobt now?

I still need to get to Sadhu C2 (a lot of other things I can easily test have been cropping up) to check Possession out and see if itā€™s indeed fixed.

Please remind me exactly what the issue with them is? Iā€™m guessing if you get hit whilst channeling the skill, itā€™s cancelled, right?

You pretty much get canceled the milli second after pressing the key already, when getting hit. Sappers traps and beefderbyā€™s carvings are affected as well.

Luckily my Kabbalist is a Dievdirbys, so I can check that.

1 Like

@Seiryuu Do you mean like this?

At least with Dievdirbys, I was always under the impression that getting hit would stop you from carving statues.

thats the problem we hadā€¦ was really hard to play with possession bug =/

Thing is, I donā€™t ever remember that being a bug, but intended. Getting hit during channelled spells causes it to be cancelled and is the drawback to these spells.

Skills that donā€™t cast whilst charging up donā€™t use the cooldown (Skills with a cast time), but skills that channel and cast instantly upon pressing do have this drawback.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/sadhu-possession-after-nov-24-patch/121185

changed after 24th nov, and other skills too like bwa (bokor)

To me that looks more like an intended change than a bug. Iā€™ve always been under the impression that channelled skills are interrupted upon hit. I actually think the bug was that Possession had ā€˜super armorā€™ status whilst channelling.

Dievdirbysā€™ statues were intended to stopped upon hit during carving, and other skills should work similarly. Possession should be no different, especially when it binds/hitstuns enemies upon hit.

Other mentions in that thread include Cyclone working correctly, but Cyclone is not a channelled skill, as in it does not have a ā€˜charge barā€™.

Thing is:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/bugged-or-what-channeled-spells/121344

Itā€™s still a bit ambiguous, but there is a very high chance that those are indeed the product of a bug.

Itā€™s hard to really say, but Iā€™d still say that channelled skills are intended to have this downside.

Check here: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=243

Q) I saw Dievdirbys carving a sculpture in the game, but it looked vulnerable since it was surrounded by monsters. Does carving get cancelled if Dievdirbys get attacked by monsters?
A) Yes. Carving will be cancelled if it gets attacked by monsters. Therefore, in order to succeed carving you need to receive help from your party members or ā€˜Safety Zoneā€™ which is a basic skill of Cleric class can protect Dievdirbys while it is carving a sculpture.

Skills which have a charge bar are either charge cast or channeled cast skills. A large majority of skills are of the ā€˜charge castā€™ type, which means when charging they donā€™t go on cooldown until the charge is released and the skill is used. However, thereā€™s a few which are of the ā€˜channelled castā€™ type, meaning their cooldown activates instantly and are cast instantly, but require a charge time to go through.

Now from their dev blog, it seems the current method we have with channelled cast skills were intended. But, we have had skills like this with Super Armor before (i.e. Possession, Bwa Kayiman have had super armor whilst casting). Though itā€™s really tough to say if it is indeed a bug or an intended nerf.

The fact of the matter though is that itā€™s still the same even in the kTest server and this most likely would have been reported as such if it was indeed a bug.

And their intended solution for this is for you to use ā€˜Safety Zoneā€™, especially as a lot of these types of skills are present on Cleric classes.

But we really canā€™t say unless IMC themselves mention that itā€™s a bug or intended. :confused:

It probably is intended. I know that for archer, if you get hit while charging multi shot / full draw / vendetta, it will interrupt your cast so it would only make sense for this interruption during charged abilities is universal amongst all classes.

Just double checked the patch notes for December 8th.

Squire stall skills ā€˜Repairā€™, ā€˜Armor Maintenanceā€™ and ā€˜Weapon Maintenanceā€™ now lose 50% of their earnings as a tax. (ā€˜Only half of the usage fees will go to the person who opened the service.ā€™)

However, Pardoner also does as well. In the raw notes, ā€˜ģ£¼ė¬øķŒė§¤ģƒģ ź°œģ„¤ā€™ is mentioned along side the above skills, which is the Korean name for ā€˜Spell Shopā€™. This means Pardoner also is affected by this change. It was hard to clarify as the skill name in English has been adapted and not directly translated.

This has been rectified in the patch notes.

I canā€™t actually tell. Cartar acts so different on KR haha.

Only did two hits and I guess the second hit would be the collision damage? Does it only do one hit without the attribute?

Oh wow 50% tax thatā€™s a bitā€¦ rough not gonna lie, I guess it will discorage them from placing their shops in low level areas as players in high level areas will give more money as they have more expensive to repair gear along the funds to pay for the repair.

1 Like

Well, judging from here, itā€™s the same amount of hits with or without the attribute.

Bear in mind I only have that attribute on or available for it.

It seems to do about 3 hits always. (Mine is Level 5).