Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

Just because it was nerfed doesn’t make it useless. OoB auto attacks are still extremely powerful, and I think any INT dps build aside from Bokor should pick up Sadhu no question.

You also get the fixed Possession if you get C2, which is really, really strong vs non-bosses.

Now, if you want to be more of a hybrid support type, cleric3/krivis2/druid2 is okay. It’ll leave you weak vs tanky flying enemies though.

This nerf now makes it easier deciding to make either possession or oob at boss battles. Before I just couldnt decide sometimes…

With possession making more dmg now and being not interruptable I’d rather stick to that.

edit: seems like they still didnt fix that -.-

This not being interruptable part of the possesion skill is in the korea server?

At least i tried possession on gabija yesterday and any source of damage interrupt me.

i might be wrong here… but i tried monk with full int and i dont think it affect the energy burst… but str do… so i think its base on physical attack and i just check on tos base its not magic…

“Attacks per hit: 380
Attribute Damage: 0%
Consumes (MSP × 0.058) SP per 0.5 second”
Tos base description i looked at it before hand and that is why i was curious all it seems to state is sp cost and base damage.

Possession gets interrupted with any hit on kTest server. Confirmed by Disc, he tested it recently. We can conclude that it’s not a bug and it’s working as intended.

Sadhu is in a sad place at the moment, with the OOB attack speed nerf and the Possession nerf, which makes the skill very impractical to use outside of Safety Zone (which has more than twice the Cooldown of Possession to begin with).

I relly dont understand why there is such a gap between classes …

You just need to use Possession under the same circunstances as OoB.

Safety Zone, Laima Statue with attribute, Mackangdal or Sterea Trofh. Or allies to tank/CC things.

The aspd nerf of OoB was reasonable, since you can cast almost any skill while doing those truck-like auto attacks.

If anything, this makes Sadhu-Bokor even stronger now, to me, because effigy + oob damage seems more necessary for priority targets.

I think Sadhu is still going to be quite strong.

Well sorry cleric looks like im jumping ship to linker now. Good bye sweet sadhu forum.

1 Like

I did love Sadhu : (
Those nerf are so bad , It’s time to try another class :frowning:

so after a big change on sadhu gameplay, this very big thread will be empty leaving behind its lover :disappointed_relieved:
i like sadhu very much, but after this i’ll rethinking again of what class to roll on official…
maybe spear user or necro…
rly looking a class that good at pvp and viable on pve solo…before last update, sadhu is the closest class i need :pensive:

Sadhu receives its divine nerf hammer but who knows maybe IMC is just testing stuff…
Dont loose hope fellow Sadhu :sparkles:

[quote=“narulight, post:793, topic:21150”]
so after a big change on sadhu gameplay, this very big thread will be empty leaving behind its lover :disappointed_relieved:
[/quote]And then, when ppl notice they are overreacting, there will be a Sadhu flood again. Don’t worry.

Personally I’ve only had Possession after the change to “any hit interrupts”, (it was my 2nd char) and it made me think creatively how to get off its maximum duration. Like kiting and then timing the cast in-between attacks of multiple enemies. I also found that certain spells won’t interrupt it - for example if I get put to Sleep mid-cast, it doesn’t interrupt the channeling.

The damage and the stun was so good that I thought it was a powerful spell already. It was basically a guaranteed kill on groups of elite mobs on a rather low CD. And now they’re making it holy element which will wreck any boss weak to it.

When I heard about how it wasn’t interruptible before, all I thought was how OP that must’ve been.

Well, at least this way, less people will take sadhu and perhaps the game will be more diversified ?
I have not played the kCBT but I think these nerfs are rather a good balancing decision. I was so many swordsmen, sadhus and monks everywhere, that makes me a bit sad other builds are just AFK alts.

As for sadhus complaining about Possession, shouldn’t safety zone allow to safecast it ? Or what about playing with a linker C3 / wiz C2 sharing safety spell with you ? (if you have a friend willing to go the support role, not everyone likes the heal tank dps path).

I think the oob nerf was justified and i expected it. I however believe the possession nerf to be uncalled for.

It was not a nerf, but a bug fix.

Every skill is cancelable if you are attacked at the “right” time, even more so for casting and channeling skills.

Unless there is something else they made to Possession that I don’t remember.

I didn’t really like Sadhu since I made one last month.
If Conviction still has its SPR scalling, I will be playing Pally, and do an Inquisitor-like build. :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides heal, cure, zaibas and basically all skills which works that way. Not cancelable by normal attacks. Ofc they are all cancelable if you get attacked twice (doubleattack) or get a knockback - the same way it canceled channeling skills back then as well.

Well and skills like possession are canceled now and go into cooldown immediately after pressing the key. Cure, Zaibas and co wont.

If thats intented, then why? Why should these skills be treated differently? Why are channelings canceled by DoT but not by magic attacks and some boss skills? Because they’re less hurting? o.O

A reasonable nerf of possession as skill I could totally deal with would be, if the skill was cancelable after creating the circle - not within the starting animation. Or the skill not going into cooldown already.

As bug fix I expect at least a notice in the patchnotes by IMC. And since there was nothing like that, there are only 2 possibilities.

1. IMC does care little about telling us or their GameMasters here all the changes they have made, especially these who change some skills in their basics. We may know some changes, some remain hidden nin-nin-nin #ninja

2. They’ve changed/fixed something they wrote into the notices, but didn’t expect (or negligently implemented) the outcome/side effects to be that devastating for certain skills.

If it really was the first one, I will lose all of my trust I had for this administration.