Tree of Savior Forum

General kCBT3 Changes - Summary

Over the course of kCBT3, new skills have been added and adjustments to older skills have been put into effect. A lot of these can be found in the patch notes archive here, though a lot remains untranslated.

So, I’ve made a summary of the new skills and major changes to skills which have happened over the course of kCBT3, and will be updating as any other changes occur.

You can view the summary here, on the subreddit.

For people interested in Cataphract and Schwarzer Reiter, below you’ll find a list of skills which can and cannot be used whilst mounted.

Here’s the breakdown of skills which can and cannot be used whilst mounted.

You can also find information about the latest updates to kCBT3 regarding classes and attributes discussed in this thread.

If anyone else is in kCBT and notices any missing or incorrect information, please let me know and it will be adjusted accordingly. Information on some of the new skills would be highly appreciated, as I do not have access to every class to be able to check these out myself.

Hope this helps people keep up to date with the recent changes!

32 Likes

Thank you for the post!
That list is very well organized and easy to use :smile:

thats alot of granado espada name reference

in GE

http://ge.jupath.me/GranadoEspadaUSA-Jobs-Grandma.html#PlowGuard
Sky Liner - basic 2Hsword aoe sweep attack

Vertical slash - basic 2Hsword deal huge damage of large monsters

http://ge.jupath.me/GranadoEspadaUSA-Jobs-Cruz.html#HackandSlash
Dust Devil - basic dual 1Hsword spin2win

Hexen Dropper - basic dual 1Hsword attack

Omg ! Finally Corsair have been buffed!

Thanks for it. Now I know where to check for these kind of informations .:smiley:

:+1:

/20characters…

With that mass heal skill added to priest, i dont see any reason for me to become a C3 cleric for support build.

Nice compilation!
There are some other changes to add:

Sorcerer’s Summon are not using skills anymore. Instead they are attacking faster and with more damage than before. Morph got nerfed/fixed, now your Morph’d summon will drain SP too.

Servant also now buffs the whole party (5 buffs to overwrite all else, lol)

Ranger’s Claocking gives mov. speed and Rogue’s Backstep first hit does 4x damage if crits (this one is an attribute I think)

Necromancer’s Flesh Cannon allows you to walk while shooting (casting still requires you to stay still)

Some Warrior skills that gained charges, but I don’t know them by heart… :x

Heal’s bonus with target’s max HP and that other buff giving more PDEF based on current PDEF of the target.

Thanks for the information about Sorcerer’s changes.

I wasn’t sure if I should add the usage changes for the Swordsman skills but I guess I can add them in.

The Cloaking and Backstab changes you listed are attributes rather than actual changes to the skill. I’ve not gotten a huge list of all the new attribute changes, I feel it needs its own section/guide. It’s hard to keep up with all of these. :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks for reminding me about the Heal/Aspersion change, I should have added these in. I have a feeling these will be adjusted in the future though, or balanced due to the current situation with PvP.

Oh, I thought Cloack’s MS was in the skill itself, not like it matters much if its attribute is for C1.

The only time I got to find people on PvP it was me with 2 other Wizards against a Monk and 2 Archers. The Monk could keep them with full HP because of Heal buff…
And Archer is Wizard counter, so it was painful (the lag was too, lol).

It was before the patch that noted “skills calibration” for PvP, might be nerfed now.

Uhh? They seriously took the Summons’ skills away?

That’s kind of lame. Skills were the only thing that really made summons unique amongst themselves. The Mimic’s huge treasure-chest rain, the harpy’s gigantic AoE gust thing.

There’s really no way for the summons to use their skills now?

What are the skills that are being displayed in this video?
Are these skills the one on the Highlander or Corsair?

That’s most likely Hexen Dropper and Dust Devil from Corsair. I’d say the first skill (the spin) is Dust Devil and the second skill (the rapid stabs) is Hexen Dropper, if they’re like their Granado Espada counterparts.

EDIT: They’re both unique icons looking at it again.

I’m not sure which is which, but they’re definitely the Corsair skills as I’ve seen the Highlander ones.

You can also tell they’re Corsair skills since they use the sub-weapon in the animation. (Plus, the person is a C2 Swordsman, C2 Barbarian and C2 Corsair. :wink:)

Very fancy looking skills though.

Ah, I didn’t pay attention to that one! Thanks for the clarification DiscKZee!
You mentioned you have seen Highlander new skills. May I know where I can see em as well? Looks really interesting. IMC has done a really good job on creating new skills. I’m liking them! Thinking of actually going back to my Corsair instead of going for Hoplite now. Hahahaha.

I’ve only seen them in game, but I sadly don’t have a video for them. :pensive:

Vertical Slash is just an overhead vertical cleave, Cross Cut are just two slashes, one horizontal and one vertical. Skyliner, I didn’t get a good look at yet. I’m sure it was a horizontal circle slash with a little spin though.

And wow.
Is that Thrust I see that was being spammed without going off cooldown? That was really cool albeit not so good in practice. Hmm, by the ‘Double Slash’ icon you mentioned, did you mean the one on the S shortcut key? Is that the new icon for Double Slash? :o

1 Like

Actually upon looking at the skill again, they’re both unique icons. The skill in slot ‘A’ looks very similar to Double Slash.

For reference, Swordsman’s Double Slash looks like this:

You can see where the confusion happened. :sweat_smile:

I’ve not seen the icons in the files though, so I’ll have to look through the patch data now that I know what they look like in game.

It wasn’t that good when they had their skills, imo. They where pretty weak and slow, also the only good ones were Chapparition and Harpia (but I disliked Harpia’s dash, which made her go over screen and stay on “dumb” mode).

Now they attack faster and harder. For the ones I saw, they either get single ranged attacks or melee cleaves, that alone helps a lot.

I tested Obey again and saw I was wrong, you can use Summon’s skills while mounted. It’s because the icons are the same as the “attack” was, and they are darkened, so I thought it was disabled. :X

The first button is the normal attack, second and third are the skills. Skills have cooldown, but no info about them for now (probably working to implement skill’s icons and info later).

Here I am using Harpia’s “Gust” while mounted. Note that having a Summon will drain SP, and mounting will drain SP constantly too, so you can’t keep that for long… IMO, having Salamion is better now if you want a pet/meat shield.

I thought you could use them and I didn’t see any changes to this, which makes sense. I’ll fix that though, thanks for the heads up.

So this means that ‘Riding’ allows you to use their skills which they wouldn’t do otherwise? If so, that gives the skill a nice reason for using it.

The same thing happens with Druid’s ‘Transform’ and ‘Shapeshift’, the UI is hidden behind the other one and the icons look the same.

I’ll edit this accordingly.

Yeah, they only use skills now if you force them to, while rinding.

I think it wasn’t even to make Obey better (that’s the name of the skill btw), since it was usefull to move your summon around without it attacking monsters or going “dumb” mode, but to make their skills more reliable.

Summons would use their skills as soon as they were out of cooldown. This means huge AoE’s to kill a root or something…

They are overall better than before, but what made me stop using “Summoning” was the fix of Morph, lol. Too much SP drain for me.