Tree of Savior Forum

Founder's Server open to F2P players? Bot-flood after 1month?

They have alot of ways to get accounts, and on steam has alot of bots.

The majority of Bots in FFXIV are hacked accounts, they’re used untill the subscription is done. Rinse, repeat.

3 Likes

Every MMO has bots. But those that are F2P have A LOT more. Sure, it being steam only would mean that they would have to make a new steam account every time they got banned, but how different is that from making a new game account?

3 Likes

Buy any skin on CS GO, and go to csgolounge, after that put your itens for trade, you will see how many bots are going to add you, trying to scam.
(Alot of accounts take bans for that but they still being alot)

*But i do no, we will see when the game release.

ರ 益•́)/ NOW WE RUCKUS (╭ರ 益•́)

Why not a ‘‘Captcha’’ ingame? (To combat Bots) posted it here ‘=’

1 Like

Me too. =P Maybe it’ll take both of us for them to take it seriously. =D

2 Likes

The token system is actually a counter measure against gold farmers. Doesn’t really help with bots. But it definitely helps against gold sellers. It worked out really well in Tera online as well.

If someone wants to buy gold they will always go with the most secure method. And that method will always be buying cash shop items that they know will sell in game. People will buy 30 day tokens and then turn around and sell those for the money they want. Gold farmers once they realize there is no market in a certain game stop bothering with that game.

Bots on the other hand will be used by legitimate players who just don’t want to put in the time themselves. I know quite a few people who would sit at their computer just so they could answer any messages they get. I don’t know any game that bans you without messaging you first in game just to make sure you aren’t a bot.

archefayte : Doesn’t work. X-Legend games do this, and botters can still find a way to bypass it.That and the current precautions are fine.
Well atleast we tried. >_<

I think the reason why they turned off trading on non vip account was to hinder bots.

Also, i made the same wakfu suggestion in december:

2 Likes

Good! But what happened for you to give up?

give up? as in give up promoting the suggestion?

Srry, it’s because the last post was on 15dec, so i missunderstand it.
Good night, bb!

welcome to TOS where they don’t ask you anything before you are banned for botting =]
if you want to talk to them you message them and wait and wait forever because it takes them 1month to reply to you
during that 1month time frame if you decide to go to meet them in person they call security on you

^ happened in korea

Wow, i have a sudden nostalgia for it now. :smirk:

FYI, Wakfu is a turn-based game.

If imcgames may open China server early and prevent fan-translation patch in iTOS server, maybe it will ease some more or less.

WoW has a $15 sub and has bots, TERA had bots when it launched, EvE has bots, FF prob has bots, whatever price tag u slap on it there will always be bots/gold sellers

Yes, of course. But F2P has more.

I really dont expect good things to come in ToS and it really depends on IMC’s dedication and effort when it comes to this kind of thing.

But if WE (the community) help too at least keep the bots to minimum (not buying their gold etc) it will be much better and less toxic for whole of us playing ToS.

B2P, P2P, anything that makes a game have a paywall before you can play NEVER solved any bot issues. FFXIV has tons of bots but the game is a mix of B2P + P2P. You see? Again, MIXED B2P and P2P(subscrition based) but still had bots. No matter how many paywall you put, gold sellers will find a way.