Tree of Savior Forum

Founder's Server open to F2P players? Bot-flood after 1month?

There is literally no game which has no cheaters.

mostly because of phishing accounts - zillions emails sent a day and some poor souls do reply to those by “logging into their account” after clicking the phishing site

"oh no please dont delete my blizzard account :frowning: " <-- a 15 years old gal who got no clue whats going on clicking the link in fear her acc is being closed and…few minutes later she doesn own said account anymore - its sad really sad but business knows no limits

There are a large amount of accounts owned due to people using the same password on fansites as the actual game.

Either hack or XSS etc. a poorly protected popular fansite and bam, thousands of accounts for the picking.

Still there are large portion of purchased accounts from botters as well. It’s easily worth it for them, the risky part comes with ban waves hitting accounts that they store too much gold on and that can often hurt the smaller sellers.

RO back in the day tried keeping a pay server and F2P server but it didn’t work for them.

I think the main reason is that P2P players have F2P friends… so they just end up on the F2P.

don’t worry, once you get past tenet garden you won’t see any bots.

Just curious, but why tenet garden? X_X

Thats where most bots just stop in ktos

I’m guessing it’s because archers and mages are a thing later on…

Hmmm, thank you! =) (No more likes today srry =/)
/20

the only prob will be the bot problem. Goldsellers cant do anything in ToS
cause you cant share your money = no goldsellers.

the only thing goldseller companys can do is power lvln = bots who power lvl

yeah capcha will be nice…
we hate bots…
imc please add catcha to the game

You realize no matter what happens the game is going to have bots. I haven’t seen a single mmo that didn’t have bots. So it’s at the point where I don’t even complain about it.

There is only a single way to prevent botting=
Be so unpopular that there is no money to be made

Your playing the wrong game then, since this is a free to play game bots gonna turn up sooner or later. Also as people have mentioned, as there are going to be more f2p players than VIPs that server if kept separate, over time, said VIP server usually ends up dying due to low population.

Besides why would IMC pay 2x the costs for the servers when they are only guaranteed 1x cost for the founder’s server? It might have made more sense if it was a subscription based service though.

IMC can create a job of bot hunter , so players can hunt down bot at sight. I don’t like the concept of allowing BOT farmer flooding the game, but those are a necessary needs for survavilbity of the game.

You forgot that the game isn’t create for your sole entertainement but also to give a decent salary to people working on it. So shut your miserable conception of how to run a server with your only conception of comfort. We pretty much don’t care.

My point, is customer are customers, free loader are free loader, listening to free loader bargain is a huge strategical mistake to start a business. The game content is offered for free loader as a free and public services, far away from allowing any expression until you become a customer.

Otherwise, what the point of been customer if any free loader have the same weight of talk. This is stupid.

You can’t please everyone, but you certainly shouldn’t care early in this stage about people who won’t build a relationship as a business partner.

So erradicate all comments from freeloader and organize poll debat for them and at least threat us a bit more decently. And it does start from the forum expression .

Maggi, you should also learn english and feel free to post more in international server too , so people would know your work and understand that getting paid is quite the minimum to keep going.

DBO

They do affect the gameplay of other players when they take up all the good exp spots and you’re stuck in some corner somewhere where the exp sucks because bots not only take up monster areas in which normal players otherwise would have, but they also seem to NEVER LEAVE. That’s one of the main reasons why bots are hated in my experience. And it’s really frustrating when you see a really good drop being picked up by a damn bot. T_T

This isn’t as much about whether there will be bots or not, because of course there will be bots. This is about the amount of bots that there will be. Some MMO’s have 10% bots. Other MMO’s have 40% bots. Some only have 5% bots. What do we want for this game?

I personally want as low a bot-population as possible, and finding ways to achieve this is why I made this thread. I’m sorry if that point didn’t come across.

the game is now in steam oh yea it’s coming soon. And it says it is coming this month. it says availible 3, 2016.

Captchas don’t work. Paywalls don’t keep bots out. All a founder-only server would do is guarantee that all founders wasted their money, ending up in a ghost town.

This bot stuff needs to really stop. It’s getting more so annoying