Tree of Savior Forum

Founder's Server open to F2P players? Bot-flood after 1month?

Hi!

I’m considering the 50USD option, however, if the server that I spend my time and effort on ends up being FLOODED by bots and ingame currency sellers who don’t care about being banned (because they can just make a new account in a jiffy), then that sort of ruins the game for me.

I honestly don’t like the thought of spending that much money on a game that is destined to become filled with bots etc. after a mere month of quality gameplay.

Wouldn’t it be better if they kept the ‘Founder’s Server’ locked for ‘Founders’ only? And then maybe offer a transfer option later on when the servers have matured, where people can pay maybe 25 or so USD to transfer TO or FROM the Founder’s server?

That would keep the Founder’s server a lot cleaner. =)

The only issue would be that they could perhaps bot on the f2p servers and then transfer to the Founder’s server later on with their botted up toon. However, I do think that on a legitimate server such as Founder’s, they would quickly get reported and banned for keeping their botting habit there, and they would have to go back to the F2P server for quite a while to level up again from scratch (instead of starting over again right away on the Founder’s Server).

Conclusively, having the Founder’s Server locked, with exception of Paid Character Transfer, would still minimize the amount of bots and currency sellers there by a lot compared to the newer ‘open’ servers, and keep it more ‘legitimate’. =)

Comments? :slight_smile: (Thanks for reading my long post!)

4 Likes

The game will be flooded with bots/gold sellers even during the month of exclusive access… the severity of which depends on what IMC does to combat it.

3 Likes

I feel they will be easier to keep away though if they have actually have to pay to get back in rather than just making a new free account.

2 Likes

They have money from other games (gold sellers) do you really think they wouldn’t pay for how many accounts they can get?

I think it would be bad business for them when they have to spend 25 USD several times per day to transfer in a new toon because they keep getting reported and banned.

2 Likes

I would love if they do something like a Wakfu ‘‘Captcha’’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXg-XPmll8U .

4 Likes

Brilliant!!! Please post this in the suggestion thingy or something so that IMC sees it! <3

2 Likes

Please if you can, do it you, because my english is not that good, so i don’t know how to explain it. xD

with $10 per acc, i’d say bots will kick in right off the bat

Nop, FFXIV is a proof of it.

what did ffx14 prove?

I think something more simple, like drag and slide, near to a smarthphone lock with timer(10~20 seconds), would be good, if someone is not going to be able to drag it and slide he is going to take a penalty on damage and movement who is stacking with the time.

1 Like

Woah, no, i wouldnt be able to play while drunk! are you crazy?!

You guys forget to realize that ToS will be steam exclusive. It will be harder for bots to get in after getting banned than just any MMO where you make an account, DL, and play.

1 Like

xD, i m not saying something small, i think a drag and slide who is ‘‘transparent’’ who occupies something like 1/5 1/6 of the screen, obviously it’s a initial idea, just to start with something.

ff14 has bots =X with month payment and game buying.

They have alot of ways to get accounts, and on steam has alot of bots.

The majority of Bots in FFXIV are hacked accounts, they’re used untill the subscription is done. Rinse, repeat.

3 Likes

Every MMO has bots. But those that are F2P have A LOT more. Sure, it being steam only would mean that they would have to make a new steam account every time they got banned, but how different is that from making a new game account?

3 Likes

Buy any skin on CS GO, and go to csgolounge, after that put your itens for trade, you will see how many bots are going to add you, trying to scam.
(Alot of accounts take bans for that but they still being alot)

*But i do no, we will see when the game release.