Tree of Savior Forum

For everyone who feels entitled to get the packs at 50% less

the thing is if the discount was universal and every player would get the discount, that would be true and fair, but since it’s only limited to certain countries (wich btw have a playerbase with questionable reputation -cough-boletobancario-cough-) then it just makes RMTers job a hell of a lot easier.

Again, quoting myself so people understand:

4 Likes

Oh jesus. Nevermind. I’ll stop replying.

that might be the best solution because you clear did not read the article properly yourself, let me cite:

“When they quietly lowered prices, they found it to be elastic (sales increase proportionally, so the overall revenue remains the same)”

This would mean changing the prices without announcements(like IMC did) would not change the overall revenue. But in an online game, where each player costs money for server traffic etc. going lower price & higher numbers of players is the worse deal for the company, if both scenarios produce the same sale revenue, because your costs to run the service go up.

And it is common human sense that you cannot go as low or high as you want. If you go too high there will be a certain point where nearly no one will buy. if you go too low you will at a certain point reach all of your potential users and going lower does not make any sense anymore. but the sweet spot in the middle is where it counts. you need to maximize the price vs the amount of people who are going to buy it for the price, so “price* people willing to buy it = revenue” needs to be maximized.

See, maybe now you even learned something.

1 Like

That’s not even the situation on DLC packs =)) Not to mention, the logic behind why I posted that article just flew over your head and you just quoted something not even relevant. I’m so done.

GABEN HAS SPOKEN!!!

• kappa

Really? Like neve ever ever mentioned it? Go open your eyes

america is not the only country in the world

us dollar is not the only currency in the world

if IMC want to make the game payment “accept only us dollars” rate

then they didn’t have bother to host Telsiai (SEA server) anymore , close it then

only rich and stupid people can pay for that

if you feel jealous about third world country can get dlc pack for cheaper , by comparing from your currency

then you need more education , because that’s not how the world works

13 Likes

if you can’t see why that part of the article is relevant for this discussion then it can’t be helped. just stop replying like you said twice already xD

and where does it say “Br gets it 50% cheaper” ?
There are regional prices. In EU we payed more than 50$ from day one and still do.

1 Like

I am always glad to see you, you are one of the few sane people out here on the forum who understands logic and facts.

1 Like

They never intended to open a SEA server to begin with. Go dig for the post by IMC stating that there wasn’t enough playerbase for them to do so. They had always been intending to host it in NA, so be glad they are willing to relocate the server to an actual SEA location.

You people seem to be taking things for granted and whine when things doesn’t go your way. [quote=“WeAreMad, post:15, topic:207051”]
you need more education , because that’s not how the world works
[/quote]

Irony.

2 Likes

Tree of savior “international”…not tree of Savior " NA"

And American always thinks they are best ==

5 Likes

I am from Singapore Mr. Smartass. Whose currency do you think IMC pay their bills with? Peso?

4 Likes

exactly. and i am from EU as i stated. so i even pay more.

1 Like

Trust me most of these salty fkers are either BR or PH, since they cry
“we live in a 3rd world country, we can’t afford USD”. Well guess what?

IMC isn’t charity, game being F2P is already gracious enough for “plebs”. I normally refrain myself from insulting others since I understand people have issues be in living in a “3rd world country” or family/finacial issues.
But please for fk sake, work if you are “poor”. Stop crying your way out of everything.

Quoting a wonderful sentence from

1 Like

This is why regional servers work so well. Buy a EU pack? Play on EU.

Buy MURICA! Pack? Play on the US.

Buy SEA pack? Play on SEA.

Mmorpg universal accounts have always been a bad idea.

1 Like

That’s the reason why they are charging USD. IMC isn’t an NA company.

1 Like

good dog , have some treat for doing good job

Wasn’t it the BR community who mostly abused the charge back anyway?

Good mad, throwing insults when you can’t win a debate. Classic.

1 Like