Tree of Savior Forum

FalconerC3 thoughts

i dont pick con… i think its better 100-150 str and rest dex

Why no con? It’s not needed for PvE?

If i want to have good all around character (to try some pvp too for fun) isn’t it better to have some con ?

And also i thought going either full str or dex gives better results than mixed.

I’m a A2 > Quarrel shooter 3 > Falco 1

I am currently at 55 STR 30 CON 209 DEX.

In regards to Hovering and Pheasant, isn’t Pheasant more important?

Or you just lvl 3 times hovering because of the faster attacks from hawk attribute?

well… with hat and some things i have 30k hp with no con… maybe 30 con ± is fine
i dont think full anything is good now.

The general consensus is to get 3 Hovering for attribute. This is because it is very helpful in zoning, and it does quite a fair bit of damage if you do not have sonic strike with pre-emptive. Essentially Hovering with its attributes becomes a 19 second duration with a “10 sec” cooldown between uptime.

The attack speed attribute makes it attack significantly more than without it. Effectively increasing the quality of your zoning and damage.

Besides, the 3 points will never be a waste in hovering. If you intend to go to Falc 2-3 you will have plenty of leftover points to do with as you wish.

Cross post here. Hopefully will get some answer from IMC before the event ends so we can plan our builds without it being ‘fixed’ after the event.

Edit: Nvm, Highly likely this is part of the expand bug.

Then the most efficient build would be as below?

Call - 1
Hovering - 3
Circling - 5
Pheasant - 15
Hanging shot - 1
Pre emptive strike - 5
Aiming - 5
Sonic Strike - 10

This being a bug or not, it helps a lot this class that deserved a buff.
Why do you hate this class?

The more people talk about it, the more likely imc will nerf.

stop it.

Pheasant doesn’t deal any heavy damage. The skill is basically just a tool to get your Falcon out of Circling. 1186% at max level is just pure garbage damage unless you got a full STR full transcended build running with 50% attribute. It’s also just twice the damage of level 1, which is not really decent for 15 points put into a skill.

The problem is that you have 3 skills you can max with your points: Hanging Shot, Hovering and Pheasant. Most builds would prefer to max Pheasant.

Unless you go Falconer 3, every point spent on Pheasant instead of Hovering is a waste of points. Hovering deals exactly the same damage as Pheasant at the same level, but Hovering has way more hits during its duration than the silly Pheasant has[only 1 hit for Pheasant].

This makes Hovering potentially more useful, especially if you’re up against a smaller group of enemies (even if it’s quite random which enemies are attacked by the Falcon).

Only if you’re Falconer 3 you can skip Hovering for the sake of Pheasant (and because you don’t need to buy the attribute then to stop your Falcon from alternating between Sonic Strike and Hovering) or Hanging Shot.

I still believe Hovering is quite good,actually, and I’ll probably keep it and Sonic Strike at max level even when my Falconer hits Circle 3. After all, I’ll only lose some damage from Pheasant in the process (not even 50%)…

Falconer is plenty good whitout it…
I mean i’m playing A2-Qs3-Falc3

This is how you can use Falc3 Aim/Circling without the bug (Normal use)

Caltrop and Multishot seem to work just fine. (Caltrop trow on a bunch of mob with aim will proc their damage on everyone (that the caltrop hit their hitbox)+ % of expend / Multishot will hit everything that overlap when you hit because of the aoe defense reduction and aim that greatly increase their hitbox)

That is the bug for those who wounder.

But then you take stone shot (1hit stun for 457% scalling lv17*)
When expend proc… it just do massif damage on everything in the circle close or not of the hit…
(I’m still not sure what all the variable are but there clearly a bug)

2 Likes

If you’re going to put points on Hovering dont forget to buy the attribute Pre-Emptive Strike: Remove Hovering
Roots is a situational skills before Falco3
IMO Pheasant have more utility than Hovering I dont really use Pheasant for dmg

Yes

Yes and no. Before it was possible to even use it in Circling it was used to damage large amounts of enemies or to CC them. Just because you use it during your circling doesn’t mean it was meant to be used that way. It did not always have that kind of function.

You’re comparing apples to oranges my friend. Yes, Hovering and Pheasant both have the same % Skillfactor per level. Yes Hovering will put out more “attacks”, but you are also forgetting the one important variable between these two skills, the number of enemies the skill is used against.
Hovering is a skill that strikes ONE target randomly per strike within its flight circle.
Pheasant is a skill that strikes ALL targets within its strike zone. When I say all, I mean it. It is a true AoE skill.

This is very true, but if you need knockdown on demand, instantly, on all surrounding targets, WHO YOU GONNNA CALL?.. Pheasant.

I agree

Mainly what I am trying to say is don’t compare skills with just damage in mind. Hovering and Pheasant have different uses.
The best analogy I can give is Red and Green apples, they’re both apples, but of course. Yet if you want sweet, you go with the red apple. If you want sour/tart, you go with the green.
Damage is good and all, but how the skill works and your intended use is what you should truly think about.

1 Like

Ugh, I love the Sapper 3 version of the Falconeer 3, but the downtime that you have in bosses because of the long cooldowns it’s annoying, sometimes I wonder if going Archer 3 would help because of Twin Arrows… but the critical atribute of Broom Trap it’s so good.

And I had an accident today putting point’s in Broom trap enhance… put to 50 but pressed learn two times in a row… it ate all my points going to 100, so no Circling expand for me today…

IMO pheasant stunt at PVE is more useful than pheasant knockdown because your hawk doesnt break the already clustered enemies. Correct me please

Yes you’re right. but, in your classical “oh mah ghawd I’M DYING” moment. A handy knockback to everything around is quite handy.

1 Like

oh mah ghawd I’M DYING (click warpstone, abandoning your dying teammate too) :innocent:

1 Like

Valid option, but… pheasant…

I guess you could also say it’s useful to clear objetives that must be defended. Like the ones at ET or uphill.

of course! thanks for reminding me, i almost never touched those two subject so i forgot. silly me

Better weapon = better output. This is the golden rule of the revamp.

You can have a skill factor of 1460% (Lv15 Pheasant) and if it’s applied to a low [attack] value, the outcome is horrible, it does the following on my characters:

My [DEX heavy] QS3-Fal3 with +11 Astra Bow T5 deals 150K crit Pheasant (this char is wearing more +crit rate gear).
My [STR heavy] Sap3-Fal3 with +11 Aufgowle Bow T1 deals 92K crit Pheasant (60~72K non-crit most of the time).

Edit: Damage values were taken from assorted Lv290 mobs. Lv50 attribute.
Edit2: Sonic Strike (with Pre-Emptive Strike) is the main reason people go for Fal3 anyway.

For a skill that a lot of people treat as just [a circling canceller], it still adds to your output.

By the way, learning Hovering (at all) will require you to learn the [Pre-Emptive Strike: Remove Hovering] attribute. You don’t want your Falcon wasting its time casting Hovering in between Sonic Strikes. Unless this is a PvP build, then go right ahead.

Think about that before getting it. I personally just dumped the remaining three (3) points in Fal3 to Circling and never thought about it again.

Sapper: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311555eee.1a354a55.112f31436a7a85.11385f618ab5c5
Quarrel: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311333eee.1a24354a51.1f2f6a75.11385f618ab5c5

3 Likes

for the Sapper 3 i find myself Stake of Stokade really better than collar bomb.

They deal decent damage (900%~ x2 OH) aoe and you can detonate them . With aiming isn’t really hard to hit all mobs at once