Tree of Savior Forum

FalconerC3 thoughts

Yes

Yes and no. Before it was possible to even use it in Circling it was used to damage large amounts of enemies or to CC them. Just because you use it during your circling doesn’t mean it was meant to be used that way. It did not always have that kind of function.

You’re comparing apples to oranges my friend. Yes, Hovering and Pheasant both have the same % Skillfactor per level. Yes Hovering will put out more “attacks”, but you are also forgetting the one important variable between these two skills, the number of enemies the skill is used against.
Hovering is a skill that strikes ONE target randomly per strike within its flight circle.
Pheasant is a skill that strikes ALL targets within its strike zone. When I say all, I mean it. It is a true AoE skill.

This is very true, but if you need knockdown on demand, instantly, on all surrounding targets, WHO YOU GONNNA CALL?.. Pheasant.

I agree

Mainly what I am trying to say is don’t compare skills with just damage in mind. Hovering and Pheasant have different uses.
The best analogy I can give is Red and Green apples, they’re both apples, but of course. Yet if you want sweet, you go with the red apple. If you want sour/tart, you go with the green.
Damage is good and all, but how the skill works and your intended use is what you should truly think about.

1 Like

Ugh, I love the Sapper 3 version of the Falconeer 3, but the downtime that you have in bosses because of the long cooldowns it’s annoying, sometimes I wonder if going Archer 3 would help because of Twin Arrows… but the critical atribute of Broom Trap it’s so good.

And I had an accident today putting point’s in Broom trap enhance… put to 50 but pressed learn two times in a row… it ate all my points going to 100, so no Circling expand for me today…

IMO pheasant stunt at PVE is more useful than pheasant knockdown because your hawk doesnt break the already clustered enemies. Correct me please

Yes you’re right. but, in your classical “oh mah ghawd I’M DYING” moment. A handy knockback to everything around is quite handy.

1 Like

oh mah ghawd I’M DYING (click warpstone, abandoning your dying teammate too) :innocent:

1 Like

Valid option, but… pheasant…

I guess you could also say it’s useful to clear objetives that must be defended. Like the ones at ET or uphill.

of course! thanks for reminding me, i almost never touched those two subject so i forgot. silly me

Better weapon = better output. This is the golden rule of the revamp.

You can have a skill factor of 1460% (Lv15 Pheasant) and if it’s applied to a low [attack] value, the outcome is horrible, it does the following on my characters:

My [DEX heavy] QS3-Fal3 with +11 Astra Bow T5 deals 150K crit Pheasant (this char is wearing more +crit rate gear).
My [STR heavy] Sap3-Fal3 with +11 Aufgowle Bow T1 deals 92K crit Pheasant (60~72K non-crit most of the time).

Edit: Damage values were taken from assorted Lv290 mobs. Lv50 attribute.
Edit2: Sonic Strike (with Pre-Emptive Strike) is the main reason people go for Fal3 anyway.

For a skill that a lot of people treat as just [a circling canceller], it still adds to your output.

By the way, learning Hovering (at all) will require you to learn the [Pre-Emptive Strike: Remove Hovering] attribute. You don’t want your Falcon wasting its time casting Hovering in between Sonic Strikes. Unless this is a PvP build, then go right ahead.

Think about that before getting it. I personally just dumped the remaining three (3) points in Fal3 to Circling and never thought about it again.

Sapper: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311555eee.1a354a55.112f31436a7a85.11385f618ab5c5
Quarrel: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311333eee.1a24354a51.1f2f6a75.11385f618ab5c5

3 Likes

for the Sapper 3 i find myself Stake of Stokade really better than collar bomb.

They deal decent damage (900%~ x2 OH) aoe and you can detonate them . With aiming isn’t really hard to hit all mobs at once

With my 4.3K P.Attack, they’re normally dead or at death’s door when I cast Collar Bomb though (at least the 290 mobs).

I just shared [my build] just in case someone might ask (which normally happens), but definitely tailor your character to your play-style and preference. We can’t all be clones of each other :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So Does wugushi work now for the share damage attribute or does it still not work ;p

How does work exaclty collar comb? does the explosion hits aoe or just the two colliding monsters?

Once the mobs have clumped together (which they normally do in DGs). I shoot it and it hits almost everything in a pretty decent area. Not quite sure what’s the actual AoE ratio, but it hits a lot of targets… and kills most of them.

But like I said, your experience =/= mine. You don’t have to force yourself to use the same skill. I’m not advocating it. :slight_smile:

Afaik the skill factor of level 15 Pheasant is only 1186% [link], the same as level 15 Hovering.
That’s less than 1,8 times the value of level 1 Pheasant[660%].

I only use Pheasant to finish mobs or to knock them down, so no way I’d use my points on Pheasant; instead, even Hanging Shot would be more plausible to increase…

When I reach Falconer C3, I’ll test both Hovering and Sonic Strike for damage against bosses [1186% vs. 1506%]. I believe Hovering might be better due to the higher aspd, but I don’t really know yet [The knockdown is a nice feature to have,though, as long as your damage isn’t enough for instant kills, and as a sub, I don’t have the luxury to gear him properly anyway <_<].
That’s subject for testing later on.

Well, enhancing attributes now seem to be more effective, that’s why they’ve been halved.
Hovering, I also find it good for bossing, 8 hits of high damage in 18 seconds vs 5 hits in 20 seconds from auto sonic strike. So I began using hovering a lot more with this update.

I don’t really like Hovering because you can’t use any Falcon skill while it’s active or will cancel it, while the auto sonic strike I can manual cast another sonic strike, put down a pheasant or even circling to use detonate traps.

Well I only use hovering for bossing and PvP. It is too random for general PvE.

I based my info off of actual in game values though (might be wrong I understand). I didn’t bother to check though :stuck_out_tongue: (also your link is for K-Test values).

There should be no contest between these two skills (PvE). You get max Sonic Strike (along with Pre-Emptive Strike) otherwise why’d you even go Falc3?

Edit: The two skills that would be vying for skill points would be Pheasant and Hovering; in rare cases maybe Hanging Shot, but I doubt that.

Like I’ve repeated everywhere else I’ve been… I’m not advocating for people to follow what I did or do exactly as I do. Instead, I’ve shared what my choices were and my subsequent experience with them.

Only one true thing has come out of this update for me though, if your weapon is bad, your damage is going to be bad.

So what about stats with QS3 Fal3 build? my lvl is 273 so should i go full dex or put some on str too.

Factor in your ping… also there’s currently a debate between 150 vs 180 vs 200 DEX (total) for ASPD cap. I’ve personally felt no more [noticeable] benefit beyond 250+.

Next is your weapon; are you up to using 2H Bow like I am or are you going for DGC + Offhand (preferably one with 2 or more slots). Because this will influence your need for STR. Also, take note of how far you’re willing to upgrade your weapon(s). Transcendence is also a factor. I’ve notice that I also don’t need much STR at Stage 5, it should be less and less the higher I go.

There’s no stat guide, it’s not like pre-revamp where we can say, dump to X stats to gain the most benefit, then use X-color gems on this and x-color gems on that. It isn’t the entire case anymore.

I can’t reliably tell you to put exactly X amount to X stats unless we have the exact same latency, gear and computer specs (ToS is bottlenecked by itself, my rig is running an OC’d i5 6600K with GTX 1080 + Windows and ToS on a 500 GB SSD).

We will never arrive at the same point though.

I can share my experience, you can take bits and pieces of it to kinda match up to your own.

If you look at my previous post, I have 200+ STR (all in all) just for accuracy (at least that’s what I feel, I hate seeing Dodge). I do my tests versus the Golem in Siau Mission (he dodges a lot).

I have below 250 DEX, like I said, it doesn’t benefit me much.

I sprayed in some CON (base + invested = 50 + 14 from Max Peta).

I might still tweak it a bit but overall I’m pretty happy with it.

1 Like