Tree of Savior Forum

Druid C3: From one of the best C3s to the absolute worst

At the moment Druid is being reworked in Korea, which will eventually come to IToS, unfortunately Korea has failed to voice their opinions enough to stop it from getting into the actual game. This means C1 and C2 Druid get some grass based buffs, and Druid 3 gets completely destroyed, taking away the current identity of the class.

There is so much wrong with this, but here are the main things.

In ToS, when you gain MAX HP, you do not gain CURRENT HP, whether you are a newbie player who views Clerics as the ultimate class because of healing or a more serious player who understands how good potions, CON and utility skills can make other classes. Everyone accepts that Heal is one of the best skills in the game. When you gain HP, whether it be Hengestone, Ein Sof, Lycanthropy, or Large type monsters Transformation Attribute, no matter how you get it you still face this same issue. “Is it worth it for me to use my best skill to heal up this hp” In the case of Ein Sof, it wasn’t ever really worth it at least IMO. However 2-5 minutes of Lycanthropy or even 2+ mins of Transform was worth it. It’s not about the amount of HP, it’s about the duration, as long as you can make greater use of the max hp than you can the 6, 12, or even 17 heal tiles that you give up to use this, it will end up being a decent skill. When you cannot make greater use of the max hp, the whole thing becomes worthless.

So reading this change, most might be reading gains 100% max hp. I don’t see that, there is no 100% max hp on this change. Because I will never waste 11-12 heal tiles, risk giving the enemy 9 of them from Reversi just so I can have 30 seconds of 100k extra hp. It’s also really bad that you must heal before hand so you might get reversi’d before you even have a chance to heal the max hp up. Not to mention there are a ton of bosses or player classes with the ability to destroy tile spells, so just another way to waste the extra tiles on a max hp buff, or all of them in general. This is a mess of a change and it shouldn’t have made it to KToS, but I really hope IToS is a little louder than Korea so we can keep it from coming here.

There is another big issue with this change though, the main appeal of Druid, and the identity of the class, has always been the transformations, whether it be Sequioa, A large Insect, Lycan or some monster than can use some other classes cool skill like Haste. The greatest thing about Druid is transforming, this is not just in this game either, other games, Druid is the transforming class, it’s why people love the class, but now you get to be transformed 25% or 50% of the time as a Druid, and the 50% is just an ugly human with less clothes and no shoes on. You can call it a wolf if you want but I wear cat ears in hair slot 2, I’m as much of a transformation as the Demi Wolf is and I’m like this 100% of the time, if you can’t play as something else as a Druid, then you’re not a Druid, you’re a grass summoner, you’re playing Poison Ivy. NOT DRUID.

Now luckily Druid still have the regular Transform, which is such a cool idea for a skill. but it’s also a skill that has a 2 minute CD. I have died in TW, come back and had to sit in the safe zone waiting to Transform again (Or use Lycan) with a CD that high, it means you cannot be swapping between it and Lycan s freely as you might want, that severely lowers the use of Lycanthropy because if you’re 1 minute into your transform and Lycan comes off CD, you can’t use it, because if you do, once the transformation ends, you’re stuck as a human for like 30 seconds. I have a Sorc2Necro3, it’s a simular idea to Druid and even locks you out of other skills during riding (Unfortunately) but the thing that makes it still worth it, is that you can mount up, cast skills, dismount, cast skills and by time you are done you’re ready to mount up again. You can also stay mounted as long as you want (well 15 minutes because bots ruined the game but still)

So this is the issue we’ve come to with the future of Lycanthropy. The lack of freedom to switch between forms and the lack of duration for those forms, on their own neither is a deal breaker but together they complete destroy this skill. I also spent about 5 mins reading Druid thread before making this, to find:

400 Block Pen is kind of needed for a physical class of only 4 skills to do PvP. Without it you can’t really use Lycan in PvP. Still even so It would be better to remove that 400 block pen in exchange for duration, just so this useless ability becomes useful in at the very least PvE.

It’s not like this 1 skill made Druid 3 either, I personally don’t even use it much. I do use it, but I’m more interested in Transform. Which is also being completely destroyed.

Every translation of the change I can find says the same thing

ADDING AN EFFECT Not changing, adding, yet in the videos of people testing Druid none of them have gained the 100% max hp you get for transforming, whether it be on Lycanthropy, Transform, or even the pretender Lycanthropy, none of them get the HP. It wasn’t a documented change so I’m gonna hope it’s just a mistake by some programming monkey, which will be resolved in a future patch and hopefully not repeated when it comes to IToS. Now someone did post this

I didn’t watch the video but if what is stated is accurate, then it suggests more that this is a bug, someone thought, the hp from Hengestone was being moved to Lycan, and complete forgot Transform existed, So instead of adding an additional 100% to Lycan or even removing and compensating it for Transform, they unwittingly ninja nerfed it.

Well here’s the feedback on that, or rather what I could find in my short time browsing of the Druid thread.

That brings up another important point! What if we drop Druid C3 from our builds because of how bad it has become? The issue with that is, YOU STOP BEING A DRUID!. Like I said before, what makes a Druid, a Druid, is the ability to transform, I’ve never played a game where Druids don’t transform. Being a C2 Druid means that your transform loses 100% uptime. Now yes you can do Divine Might + Grey Jukopus Gem, and that will give you 120 second duration and 120 second CD, but even then you still must end the transformation every time. Druid C2 barely works, it doesn’t work in PvP and it unfortunately gives up 5 points of Sterea Trofh, which just feels sad. It’s better than taking the worst C3 in the game but it doesn’t feel good. In fact that’s what this entire changes comes down to. Druid doesn’t feel good anymore. Oh sure it got buffed, CC, and more damages, DoT that stays on the target when they walk off the grass and even healing naturally on the grass. C1 and C2 are unquestionably buffed. They are amazing, Lycan does far more damage, but none of that matters! The class no longer feels good, it is a chore to play a class like this, it doesn’t work in PvP and all the long hours you’ll spend running Velcoffer or fighting World Bosses, or just doing ET, you’re not gonna be able to keep count of how many times you had to lose transform or how long you spent playing as just another boring human class with poison ivy abilities.

I won’t suggest nerfs for my own class, It could contain my own bias and nobody wants to help others make things worse for them, but I will say where not to nerf and make a few suggestions on positive changes.
Please IMC: Do not

• Nerf Durations or CDs on transformations, Transforming up time should be high.
  • Take away the ability to make other monsters grass types. Allow us to Transform into what we want.
  • Restrict our use of skills outside of Lycanthropy for long periods of time, whether we can use them in Lycanthropy or not, we should be able to switch back and forth at the very least from Lycan skills to Druid and other skills.

This is a list of changes I would make to make Druid 3 feel better to play from the KToS version.

• Extend Lycanthropy duration
  • Lower Lycanthropy Cooldown
  • Lower Transform CD
  • Re-Add the HP on Hengestone or alternatively
  • Give HP to Transform, whether it be a % per level or a flat amount on all levels.
  • Rework Shapeshifting to be a skill used only to select a transformation, and give us a free skill point for it, like summoner command skills or alternatively
  • Add a Transform menu like Grimoire/Necronomicon/Poison Pot, which allows us to save nearby monsters to use a Transformations.
  • Potentially make Transform a C1 skill, and push another skill to C2 such as Seed or Carnivory or Telepath.

Any of these changes would be great, it’s not about buffing Druid to be the best, it’s about not losing the thing that made it great in the first place while improving the feeling of player a Druid. All that damage increasing crap means nothing if the class feels tedious and frustrating to play. Please…

Make Druid Great Again!

8 Likes

With the advent of the reworks coming about for the various ranks/classes in ToS, Druid was givin some of that sweet love recently. What started as a bang to an incredible change to Druids, is now slowly ending with a sad fizzle. You’re probably wondering “What are you talking about?”, well I’m talking about the recent changes they made to Druid 3 and its iconic skill Lycanthropy.

Lycanthropy:

The changes here were quite something to behold. For those that loved full Lycanthropy in all its wolf like glory, it finally became the beast it was meant to be. Damage was increased, skill level mattered, skill cooldown was shorten, and defenses were increased. A juggernaut like form that was easily balanced by its high sp consumption. Everything was beginning to falling in to place, albeit the downside of no longer being able to cast skills was sad to be seen, this was easily something to truly be excited for.

With the restrictions on Lycanthropy no longer allowing the usage of skills outside of wolf form, IMC did something no one expected… they made an alternative (attribute) to it. The attribute that we all now call “Awoo”.

Awoo:

“Awoo” allowed for an alternative to the full wolf form we are so familiar with. It served as a form to allow usage of other skills while still maintaing a few benefits of Lycanthropy. This was a great idea for an attribute and a very smart move on the developers part.

Then all to suddenly… tragedy struck!

Now you’re probably saying “Tragedy? What tragedy? You got buffed even more” and to that I say you are right. Who doesn’t love that sweet increase.
But look more closely…

That buff came with an unwanted/un-needed price.

That duration change from 100 seconds to 30 seconds was the biggest slap in the face to all Druids who played full Lycanthropy wolf form. Not only were we no longer allowed to have full wolf uptime anymore, but what was also found in the KToS update notes, was the fact that Melstis no longer worked for Full Lycan nor its new “Awoo” form.

One step forward and two steps back…
What started with a bang to a great set of changes is now turning into a sad fizzle of a change.

Return the longer duration to Lycathropy to allow 100% uptime on wolf form. Return the interaction of Melstis and Lycanthropy/Awoo. Look at every forum post from Inven, Reddit and this one, about Druid 3 and Lycanthropy. No one likes the nerf in duration or the lose of interaction with Melstis. Return what was such an iconic form and interactions that made Druid 3 such an appealing rank to some.

@STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ethan

I’m not even gonna get started on whats wrong with current and new Hengestone.

I copied my post from the druid thread.

2 Likes

Cute wolf girl > ugly lycan

1 Like

idk it kinda makes sense to have it be shorter duration so you use the skill as a part of a rotation instead of just default.

Maybe the master druid class will allow for perma-lycan

1 Like

I think this stuff is all wrong?
Reduced duration is just for the “Lycanthrope” form. It can’t be extended by melstis, indeed cause you can’t use other skills while trasformed and probably not even from other cleric “melstis” (need to check).

But about the semi-wolf form? The hell, it CAN be extended. I’m on ktest right now, just opened it after reading this although I had already tested it… and yes, you definitely still can extend demi-wolf form. Duration is not reduced on demi-wolf form…60 seconds base… extend to 80 seconds with melstis…

P.S. The skill acts differently according to the new attribute (demi-wolf) being ON or OFF.

The actual kToS patch states that demiwolf is not extendable either.

1 Like

It’s weird… Unless they have a different patch on kToS… But seriously, right now on ktest you can extend it.

With demiwolf as a precedent, you don’t really need the current iterations of shape shift and transform (why this skill was split into 2 skills costing 25 skill pts is beyond me). IMHO it is because they just “don’t work”. Transforming outside a very small list of useful transforms was a novelty at best.

Transform skills are based off monster skills and monster skills are DESIGNED CLUNKY so players can avoid them. Giving it to a player just makes that player “easier to avoid”. That makes the only real use of transform is the passive component.

All that said, they can use demiwolf coding to to up with a demiform skill that lets you choose a combination of size and race.

I ghostwrote this. #MakeDruidGreatAgain

3 Likes

I think what IMC tried is to make Lycanthropy a short-lived bonus skill/buff skill instead of creating the same scenario as they did with e.g. Quarrel Shooter, where everything revolves around getting C3 for Running Shot while the rest of the skills are situational at best.

You still have a ton of other skills and the Henge Stone changes support this theory, going from basically a transformation support skill to a all-around support skill.

Druid also gained 2 more skills to utilize for C1 and C2 on top of a boost on Chortasmata and Carnivory.

Analyzing the changes, it is very apparent that IMC tries to shift away the focus from transformation to the new vegetation-focus.

By the way, the Lycan changes were actually aimed at physical builds like e.g. Inquisitor/Zealot that benefit by the short duration of the skill since they can use the lycan form to cover the time their skills are on CD (great for God Smash/Fanatic Illusion/Immolation that have medium-high CD times), offering a build alternative as hybrid Clerics.

I agree,though, that they could have changed the lycan 1 form buffs to be added via an attribute that shortens the duration but gives e.g. more Block penetration/Aspd/AoE attack ratio/etc to the skill.

At the same time,though, there’s the demi wolf for people who don’t want filler transformation but rather a stable boost. Given the uptime/downtime ratio without Melstis, it is still viable.

Look at Zealots Fanaticism buff e.g., it has less boost potential and the same CD/uptime ratio, while Lycanthropy’s Demi-wolf from is also providing extra crit, base HP% recovery (Fanaticism trades off your recovery for damage boost!!!) and the ability to dash.

Not every buff needs 100% uptime to be good, and this buff is still good even with only 25% or 50% uptime.
It also encourages the transformation-loving people to utilize other transformations, not only the werewolf.

It was a terrible change. Everyone agrees it was.

Heres Inven posts stating its a terrible change.
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4198/83756
This one asks “so whats even the difference between druid 2 and 3 now…”.

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4198/83750
This one says best druid is now druid 2 and exo 2

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4198/83726
This one is a dude who actually has video of using it in a raid comparison of old vs new. His weapon is around 6-8k att (Velcopter mace)
He even states that hengestone was pointless to use cause it just gets broken from the damage it can take or when the enemy moves you can no longer get the benefit.
He also says after using Lycanthropy against the raid boss he decides its not worth it and just switches to Awoo attribute because Wolf forms duration is too small.
Also says vine is just better than seed bomb.
Proof of him with videos:

If you watch the video it also shows what @thepurpleknightmare is saying about the bonus 100% hp while in lycan form for only 30 secs. Its pointless because its a waste of your heal tiles. The duration of lycanthropy lasting only 30 secs makes having 100% bonus hp meaningless.

You say that, but look at every substantial and non-substantial gameplay changing skill/buff we can get on any class. All can be 100% uptime some way or another.

Didn’t really even matter since people already go have Druid 2 builds. Especially now with the new Exo rank. With your thought in mind it basically became the meme “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

That’s a moot point because again, we already have this current functionality. Not only that we have Awoo attribute which gives crit and physical att bonus. Again “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

2 Likes

u mean demiwolf? so only normal wolf cant be extended? or its a bug?

The Hengestone changes are pointless, it doesn’t live long enough to ever make a difference, and this game is getting harder and harder for structure and summon classes. With world bosses demolishing Diev statues and Sorc/Necro summon durability being so bad it can’t be played in any serious content. Those things are some of the tankier summons to, this pile of rocks is gonna fall over far faster, and it’s of far less benefit. If it doesn’t give max hp, % damage or crit to summons, it won’t be worth taking anymore, an increase in duration means nothing when bosses one shot this skill.

Idt they’ve increased it’s durability ever, but I would have times back during old Blut, you know 200 mill(?) hp Blut, where I would summon the Hengestone, just to transform and it would break before the animation of it’s summoning finished, I would just lose out on the effect of it. Trying to turn that into a buff is not gonna work, it’s good for 1 or 2 skills and then it’s dead. Won’t work in PvP, won’t work vs world bosses, especially will not work in Velcoffer, CM, or even ET.

It might work in Saalus if you already melt the boss, save yourself .2 - .5 seconds by using it before fighting. However other than that, this is a pointless change.

Normal wolf and Demi-wolf can’t be extended.
Heres the link to the KToS patch notes:

Heres a picture of the patchnotes stating Melstis no longer works for them:

and the one for Awoo (demi-wolf) that @Fenatte posted.

Also to add, here’s Nekorin also talking about the Lycanthropy change.

Only normal wolf can’t be extended, demiwolf CAN be extended.
@megamanex14 You keep posting that, ok that’s what the patchnote says. But I’m telling you, I’m on ktest server and tested again on purpose after reading it and I can say that you CAN extend demiwolf, so why do you keep posting that? It’s obvious there’s an error in the patchnote

1 Like

i have a hope its an error not a bug in game :slight_smile:

Is it possible they implemented the patch where you can’t extend demi with melstis in the live server and not in the test server?

It would be pretty weird honestly, never heard such a thing. Usually everything is on ktest before

@Staff can anyone say for sure if melstis will or will not work with demi-wolf form?

i bet they not sure about this too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: