Tree of Savior Forum

Druid C3: From one of the best C3s to the absolute worst

truly wouldn’t be surprising…

There is so much discussion about whether it can be extended or not but even IF it can be extended, that’s not 100% uptime, even with Diev statue. you can get 96 second CD and 100 second duration, but it’s not 100% uptime still,

Transform + Meltsis - 80 seconds
60 seconds later
Melstis - 40 seconds remaining
40 seconds later
Melstis on CD, “Wolf” duration up.

If everything goes perfect for you 20 second downtime.

yea but awoo form cd can be reduced to 0 i think :wink:

Melstis CD with Diev statue is 48 seconds,though.

So you’d have 96 seconds CD, 60 seconds duration.
Use Melstis-> ~78 seconds duration
After 48 seconds-> use Melstis ->~ 50 seconds duration
48+50 = 98 seconds, CD was 98 seconds, so you’re good to go (and you’ll have Melstis up again if you craft another Laima inbetween).

However, it’s stupid to waste 4 Ranks just to keep the transformation going, it’s better to just take Diev 1 for the statue and run with less CD.
Maybe sth like C2>Diev3>Druid3>x

The last class you’d be looking for is probably Miko since it works well with Druid and Diev, but anyways that still brings us back to 1 of the 2 main issues I brought up.

Not 100% uptime, not even really transformed, playing another human.

Can’t call it Druid if it’s not doing what Druids do.

I don’t understand the issue that the remake the druid to something excited hybrid druid can do magic and transform to Lycan with super frenzy killing move with so less delay on skill . Compare to old druid the new one way more better and why does people wants the Lycan to be 100% up time when they changes more OP as it is ? .Does now days ppl like old druid ? ? .So confuse here . . . Druid suppose to have ability to transform but never said to be imprison to be dog and that call dog or druid you looking for ? .

People were happy with the initial lycan changes; 100 sec duration 120 cd. You could still make use of the 100% + hp and you can use awoo ass filler in between lycan uptime along the buffs making up for the nerfed duration. It’s the fact that they then went from 100 sec to 30 sec with the same cd being the problem.

Lycan is one of those skills that you build an entire build around, it’s simply not some filler/sub skill that supports a build. It IS the build. Just like running shot, you build your entire AA archer build around that 1 skill. RS now has 300 sec duration. Imagine if IMC took it back down to the original 23 sec cd duration, how many archers do you think would rage, let alone quit the game? That RS buff no longer made the grand cross a required item and quarrels also have more flexibility as to what weapons they can put in that slot now.

3 Likes

THIS RIGHT HERE! ALL OF THIS!
This Spaghetti gets it!

1 Like

You not making sense here .If you compare to other classess gameplay AA archer build then why not you do whole comparison AA-> inquisher(cleric),Nakmuay(swordie) too?, wouldn’t be better ? You not looking for a build you looking for everything OP for your own build thats all people can view you guys now don’t you even test and tried . . . You go tell imc don’t even revamp and happy druid now . . . Go make a game yourself . Druid itself has bring upgrading to another style I watch so much druid video play was so good

Most of what they added was there from the start.

They increased skill damage, but they restricted non wolf skills, so that doesn’t matter, you don’t gain damage, you just move around what is doing damage.

you get 10% more damage per level of Lycan, but live version gets 30% more damage + 30% from Illtiswort cards, So 60% forever vs 80% for 15 seconds down to 50% for another 15 seconds, down to 30% for 90 seconds. So in that case the 60% wins.

200 crit rate, that’s the same as what it currently gets, ofc on live it takes 2 skill points for that, in the future it will take 5

Max HP 100%, this exists already but now you won’t be able to use it because it has no duration, it’s not worth wasting heal on.

CD reduced, not much to say there, this combined with the damage should make this skill do more damage than a Lycan currently does, but that’s just damage, the least important thing you could possibly get since it’s so abundant in everything ever.

50% physical and Magical defense, this is new but 100% hp was better and so this really doesn’t matter.

2% hp every 8 seconds should add up to around 4k hp per tick and a total of 12,000 hp healed, TOTAL. that’s about 10% of a full CON invested Cleric, now if you don’t have 500+ CON that number doesn’t even get that high you could be at a measly 120 hp in this form, and heal up a pitiful 7200 hp. If a 315 Archer could equip a Sarkmis they’d still have more hp than that heals.

Dash already exists, but +10 MS is good, except this skill isn’t good in PvP soooo it’s pointless. Helps you chase down Zaura I guess but still not worth it.

Lastly 400 block penetration, so maybe you won’t get blocked by monsters in Canyon if you happen to get it as one of your 3 Saalus runs a day while on a Druid, however, this skill is still terrible in PvP so block penetration is irrelevant, it’s just another big number to distract and be an excuse for all the nerfs.

They didn’t add that much, they added damage, 7200-12,000 hp regen over time (outperformed by lvl 1 heal factor) and then +10 MS and 400 Block Pen not really usuable in PvP.

In exchange they took away 30-270 seconds of duration, the ability to use other skills and they now force you to use 5 points on it when before you could put in whatever you felt you wanted. That is especially bad since Druids gain 2 new skills and are encouraged to level Chortasmata up so skill points are becoming a pretty big issue.

I used archer because their main AA build(running shot) had a significant buff recently on top having a reset for that.

Chap has been the basically the same since it came out, 5 min property buff being the foundation of cleric AA.

Nak muay is the newest AA build in the game and they are getting a buff with a reset. But people DO NOT build their entire AA swordsman build around a single nak muay skill. They don’t. Nak is more for filler and tattoes, we don’t have to go over this.

Druid3 got nerfed, there’s no way around this. Like I said, people were happy with the duration being nerfed st first, from 300 sec to 100sec. Go back early in the announcement thread n see for yourself. The initial lycan buff was worth the shortened duration. Druid 1 and 2 got a major buff but it doesn’t matter to the ppl who went druid 3 and was playing lycan. You prefer the new druid and other druids prefer the old druid, that’s subjective both ways.

Ppl are complaining that the additional buff do not justify the now 30 sec lycan buff. Lycan was mainly a pve build, that 400 block pen is what? Lol 100% heal is useless if you have to heal it up manually and only last 30 secs.

Druids were used to a 100% uptime lycan, just like quarrels are used to a 100% uptime RS. I have nothing else new to add to this discussion as this has been said so many times in the other thread already. But i will still discuss this with you.

1 Like

This will be most likely affected by your CON recovery rate, similarly like all other HP% heals(e.g. Canceril Card, Death Weaver Card, Prakritis recovery attribute) are also affected by CON recovery bonus.

If you have around 200 CON, you will already recover 4% HP, and if you have 400 CON it’s 6% every 8 seconds. That’s double the base amount since you also get +100% max HP.

This is a huge boost for being transformed.
That +100% HP is basically a pre-adjustment lvl 5 Ein Sof, the HP recovery is ± a free Healing Factor, and with todays change to Henge Stone (only takes 1 damage), you can even have 10% damage boost for ± the full duration of Lycanthropy.
10 movement speed, free pain barrier, ability to dash for 30 seconds on top of some really strong skills with low CD and large AoE for 30 seconds isn’t so bad.

The CD time of the skill might be a little too high,though, maybe they should change the CD time of Lycanthropy to 90 seconds and reduce the duration of demi-wolf to 45 seconds.

@thepurpleknightmare and @Spaghetti pretty much summed it up for you.

Sadly its still useless in any relevant content. It by no means does anything good for you unless you’re fighting enemies who only do 100 damage to you, and in that case whats the point of even worrying about healing.

Can’t even possibly compare itself to Healing Factor. Guess that’s why you had “±”.

Means nothing. The new hengestone only gives 10% to cleric skill magic damage and +1 to tile skills. Lycanthropy is physical damage and is not a tile skill.

This is nice, but… its only 30 seconds worth. I can just grab bokor or gear with movement speed.

Love it… But its already something we can do now with current Lycanthropy, and for more than 30 seconds no less.

Same with this

Lets be real, the increase in sp degen (71 -> 91) and the restriction on no using skills outside of wolf was a perfect penalty to Lycanthropy. Everything else was just a full on OVER-nerf.

Alright now I have clear version of it thank you. I guess it make sense probably the gameplay they did are pretty much smooth the last changes of the Lycan skill was 30sec unable to extend duration and demiwolf 60sec if only talk about this skill was the cd only starts at 60sec+ was . Hope they could extend the duration buff for Lycan though because really looks badass and the energy with taiost is the storm calling attribute that give melee dmg boost 50% by 7sec or more for Lycan if fps low I don’t know how worst can go . . . Does transform skill still exist ? Can do the small Lycan transform hahaha , the sense I could only see was druid was a magic dps and druid c3 Lycan was melee physical dps so the gameplay to increase efficiency of this hard to maintain the hybrid but mainly for druid to keep up time skills and transform to frenzy Lycan in awhile to do abit more dps hope can be much more efficient or there’s hidden mechanic(popular topic around exorcist nowdays) .

1 Like

The transform skill still exist but it’s not worth it, druid 3 is dead. Optimal druid is now druid2 and that’s for the skills that got buffed(transform didn’t get buffed) and the new skills druid got.

Better off going druid 2 solely for magic dps and exo2 which is the current ktos deuid build.

ok, wolf and waifu mode is dead…
But i wouldnt say Druid3 is dead… Increase time in all grass, plus it seems that grass cant be broken or stolen (read it in a translation so am not 100% sure)…
Even if the grass can be broken or stolen, increase duration is a big plus…

I wouldn’t be that quick to dismiss normal wolf mode though. The 30 secs build doubles the damage dealt means we can use to to increase damage dealt with our auras/ground skills while in Lycan mode.

With this new burst style Lycan, I think it will be effective only when R10 is out, when we have access to 2 circles of Zealot.

Cleric1 Krivis3 (Filler) Druid2 Zealot2 (Druid3).

In this way, we can Fanatic Illusion + Meletis + Lycan (werewolf mode) for a high damage aoe. In the mean time I’ll get a druid3 zealot1 first for

Awoo + Fanaticism damage boost mode.

can be nice build, still ppl imo judge too early druid 3 ;/ imo it still is soo good, but its only my opinion

The small wolfs is an idea I looked into briefly, they got 1 skill and it’s weak, so it’s only really the aesthetic gained and then the fact that it’s mini ruins even that. Glizardon is likely the best transform to imitate Lycanthropy.

1 Like

High rank Cleric classes are really good, you shouldn’t be giving up your rank 8 for more damage on skills you already have. The only thing Druid 3 has to justify it’s existence is Sterea Trofh and Transform duration.

If you re not PvPing, throw Transform duration out the window, lvl 7 is what you need to match CD and duration, get a skill gem and just deal with the shitty rebuff combo, it’s worth it to have a rank 8 class.

That leaves Sterea Trofh, now I love that skill but 2 things are working against it. IIRC Chortasmta lasts 15 seconds now with 20 second CD. Idk if it still has the attribute, if it does then it’s 20 seconds, no problem, but IF it doesn’t! Sterea Trof can never go higher than 15 seconds and you’ll only get like 13 worth of it, C2 Druid gets 11/13. That 2 seconds is not worth Druid 3. On top of that everything kills grass! Bosses, Players, or any normal monster that staggers you while you’re in the middle of a channel that shouldn’t exist on Chortasmata.

The game is working hard against skills like this, they buff it and it may be really good but it’s not reliable enough to give up rank 8 for.

In the current patch the reason I give up rank 8 is because Hengestone is an amazing buff to my Transform, 175% bonus hp means I also want that duration to be longer so I have to heal it less in PvP, and because with Lycans speed and damage I can speed through easy content.

All that goes away, my justifications for going Druid 3 myself are gone. I still kind of have to do it for the sake of mantis PvP, but it’s gonna feel terrible, I can’t use the speed of Lycan, it has too much downtime to be worth using that way, I can’t buff up with Hengestone, all it does is more skill points. The Druids who don’t PvP are almost all looking at Druid 2 > _____ now.

And Nekorin can convince herself she’ll go Druid 3 for R10, but I refuse to believe for a second that Zealot 3 won’t be far better than the garbage that is Druid 3. In fact even if the % bonuses from Lycan actually work on Fanatic Illusion which I’m not sure they do. the higher level Fanatic Illusion and Blind Faith will far out DPS the wolf over the course of 30 seconds, not to mention that combo would still suffer from the 90 second downtime.