Tree of Savior Forum

Diamond Anvils break the game and should not exist

IMC,

I am noticing that you are slipping in Diamond Anvils as event rewards, in addition to the Leticia’s Cube and DLC. It’s time to stop.

Diamond Anvils only serve to increase the disparity between the super rich of the game and everyone else. Not only do they cost much more to use them, but they give the possibility of weapons well over +16 and break the balance of the game.

Come rank9, when equipment has less potential and more slots, I hope you will make the right decision and stop handing out diamond anvils for every event in a desperate attempt to keep people playing. You are achieving the opposite effect. Every time you make these items more available, you are only exacerbating the disparity I mentioned, and discouraging the average player.

TBL is dead, again, because the power creep is out of control. Why bother playing when people can 1 shot you with 5000+ defense? Diamond anvils are partly to blame.

24 Likes

Agreed.

Im a semi-hardcore player who doesnt have enough time to invest super like 10h+ a day in this game. Also, even though I really like farming, logging in 5+ accounts, rushing boss for cards, saalus, crystal mines and ET isnt super fun for me. Every single day. So I cant really make money.

Yes, I know there is a lot of different ways but no matter what I do I feel SO BEHIND. I can’t compete with people who abused the pet event and produced 80 blessed shards every 15 minutes. I can’t compete this time either with those huge ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶u̶s̶e̶r̶ guilds who invest everything on a single player and later on share the profits.

So, accepting this I geared myself and took a friend to the 320 HG. Im actually pretty “well geared” in terms of damage. Like Prac 1 weapon +16, peta, phada, sissel, right enchants on headgear etc etc. But after taking some time to kill mobs with him (which was fun) and its supposed to feel this way, because the monsters are the same lvl as myself… One doppel entered my channel and I noticed he could kill 300k hp mobs with a single spammable skill. Checked his equipments and… Trans 10 +26 weapon.

Its not like Im super weak, gearing for Int on archer or anything, but this last event flooded market with blessed gems… people geared their mains using the shards that came from alt accounts (which are still there, just check Silute market for 9234902394 Blessed gems being sold by a single person) and now are going for the Diamond Anvils to refine their weapons to +30 or higher.

I know the anvils last only for 14 days and a few patches from now we will have a brand new set of BIS equipments for everyone, but the bugs will also come. They will also abuse… actually, they’re rich already and can buy as many Anvils they want. Today or next patches ahead.

2 Likes

And what’s worse, this new monster tamer event is going to give out 10+ Diamond Anvils to people who abuse it. These anvils will last into January and will likely be usable on 350 equipment/solmiki weapons (which they are already handing out for free).

This is egregious. IMC is damaging the economy more than anyone with these stupid events and how much stuff they hand out. It’s even worse because things like this mostly benefit the top 0.1% rather than everyone else.

5 Likes

It would be the same if u mean rich vs everyone else
Rich people would just end up buying a lot of weapons until it eventually gets +25 or more

What i suggest: REDUCE THE ENHACEMENT LIMIT CAPS, Weapons max enhacement should be +15 and +10 for defensive gear

It wont just make things more balanced in TBL, it will give back the challenge to this game

8 Likes

I agree. The easiest way to balance this game is to cap the upgrade level. I would say cap at +16.

They can reduce the probability for success if they want to make a +16 weapon the hardest to get. For example:

Everyone can get a +6 weapon with 1 drop/craft.
Make +11 take 2 of the drop/craft on average.
Make +16 take 3 of the drop/craft on average.

Sure, there will still be people that get super lucky and rock the +16 on their 1st chance. Most people, won’t.

3 Likes

Chances can stay the same or roughly the same, they just need to keep potentials at a reasonable number, some items have way too much potential honestly.

But yeah I completely agree this game needs some serious caps on enhancement levels, its ridiculous that some people are rocking enhancement level 20+ items with trans10 that won’t be replaced until like rank 10 or maybe even later. Also nearly everything in the game dies so fast there’s honestly no reason to have such high power creep.

11 Likes

I disagree with you here… As a casual player I don’t have the time/energy to invest in multiple pract weapons trying to get them +16. Therefore after getting +11 I try my luck with Diamond anvils. Its not like the percentages are higher, you still have the same chances. Additionally, I feel like the upgrade system in this game is too punishing. I enjoy the idea of potential but to also require silver is pretty harsh. Most games I have played do not have such a punishing system.

Now I know people are going to hate on me but I feel like this is actually helping the common player more in that they can have a better chance of +16ing a weapon… And futhermore - in what ways is this breaking the game? Its not like the pvp scene in this game is balanced in the first place; and having a +16 weap vs a +11 weap isnt going to make or break that paradigm either. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s the no cap and dumb rng on the anvil system that breaks the game.
The diamond anvils themselves are just a small part of a larger problem.

1 Like

If you don’t have the time and are casual, how are you farming up the silver to use these, or the appropriate weapons to use these on in the first place? It’s these kinds of items that encourage casual players to RMT in order to feel like they even have a chance of competing.

The upgrade system needs to have limits–there’s just no reason for you to be able to upgrade something infinitely if you just happen to have the money. It kills any kind of competition.

3 Likes

It’s called pay 2 win :+1:

1 Like

This is a symptom of the Enhancement system. The entire system is flawed. It rewards chance too greatly, and causes permanent damage. The only way to stay competitive is through this flawed system.

Unlink potential from enhancement, cap it at +20 and change the way Golden Anvils work by giving them a higher likelihood of success, and better integrate the different kinds of anvils into existent and future content. Perhaps look into increasing the cost of enhancement, or decreasing the chance of success. Refund high Enhancement items with guaranteed Enhancements on equivalent grade gear, Silver refunds, Attribute Points and more, make them feel like their investment has been worth it.

There are other options as well of course, but the point is the current system is not good enough. It’s unfair, it’s chance based, all while still being necessary to remain competitive. Enhancement must change.

The question is also raised about the place of Potential in TOS, I really haven’t heard any good argument to keep it, and it should be removed. As time goes on, more and more features become detached from it, whether it be trading, or Transcendence,

Handing out Diamond anvils brings up further concerns with the way events are handled. I certainly appreciate rewarding events, but handing out 50m of attribute points, or Solmiki, or in this case Diamond anvils is too much. Events should be supplementary, not the source of the best equipment and upgrading options. This further highlights problems with in game content, with events being the source of some of the only viable upgrading options, like with high yield Gem Abrasives, or Diamond anvils, with the other option only being through Leticia Cubes.

15 Likes

Sadly well thought out and constructive criticism like this goes completely ignored by IMC
It’s why I don’t bother and stick to memes and shitposting
But A for effort.

IF it makes you feel better, i got 7 anvils in total between events and bought ones and all of them failed :c

1. Remove transcendence
  2. Cap anvil enhancement at +16
  3. Revamp Socket Gems (% values instead of flat values, add hybrid gems/gem combination), Skill Gems (more variety besides +1 skill lvl, like +% damage, cooldown reduction, SP cost reduction, buff duration etc.), Awakening, Weapon and Armor Maintenance and Briquetting

They should at least make transcendence and anvil enhancement exclusive from each other, i.e., transcended gear can’t be enhanced and enhanced gear can’t be transcended. There’s no way to balance the game when combined they increase your weapon offensive stat by 400%.

PvP should be more skill-based instead of gear-based. I feel that the class balancing is a lot better compared to the previous versions of the TBL, but having good gear is the priority here. ToS should either follow the radical example of Dragon Nest (all characters are naked and all skills have different values n PvP) or make something like Guild Wars 2 (PvP gear that you can buy with PvP points).

I would love to insert a meme image “everthing changed when fire nation (transcendence) attacks” but I am at work atm
it’s been said by people here. Transcendence is where all it begun.

I strongly agree with OP. this game is further slipping away from casuals player and money wins all the way
Maybe I shouldn’t bother with competing anymore and satisfied with blue/purple gear +6 pot 0 lul

At the very least the next 350 weapons have low Potential values and a lot of gem slots that consume potential further.

The lower the potential of weapons the less valuable a diamond anvil is and the higher the value of golden anvils. Making +11 achievable for everyone eventually but +16 is hard even for whales due to the reset of golden anvils to +10 upon failure.

@STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Amy

Can’t wait till guild wars comes out and you have to compete against +25 stage 10 geared people. Then devs wonder why the population is reduced to only 100 people.

3 Likes

I am going to buy as many diamond anvils I can and use them knowing it makes you mad. :satisfaction:

1 Like

Hey, look!! i get diamond anvil (14 days) from the event!!

WTS> diamond anvil service in CASH

this is common in current tos environment but in fact, IMC offer attractive prize just for one reason : http://steamcharts.com/app/372000 :haha:

Perhaps IMC would offer solmiki part or weapon when hit 1000 player left LMAO