Tree of Savior Forum

Details on the Founder's Server and Regional Servers

And that is a big problem.
I don’t know if you are aware of the big video game crash during the 80’s.
But that happened because lots of people were releasing broken & barely working games for atari and the likes and at those times lots of people were buying them.
And because of all those broken games people lost faith in videogaming and stopped buying.
It was a very dark time for the whole industry.

And that’s why i’m no supporter of those steam early access games.
You don’t know what you get, but it’s probably broken and will disappoint you on the long run.

I tried the ToS closed beta before so i’m pretty sure of what awaits me and can say it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Damn guys !!! i have the solution !!!

-----------KICKSTARTER------------- >>>>> EU SERVERs

don’t be ashamed , if u guys need money let’s do it

3 Likes

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware of the crash during the 80’s and it’s sad. But back to the subject, it comes all down to a risk and gamble, as it looks IMC isn’t capable to take the gamble itself. So it comes down for the EU and SEA players to take the risk that with enough investment IMC will stay true to their promise and open a server for them. But if they don’t, it’s almost guaranteed that they won’t get their own host. Plus, I’m willing to chip in to help my fellow Saviors in the form of the kickstarter, even if the current situation doesn’t affect me, and I think that others would be willing to do so as well. But if no one is willing to budge, nothing will happen.

They are. It’s just convenient for them to let you (the players) believe that they aren’t…
Or, seen from imc point of view, they’d rather not take a gamble if they can avoid it.

Which is funny given how they like encouraging players to gamble against the odds in their game (enchant headgear, briquetting, awakening…)

That comes with a list of problems.
They may get enough money to start the servers for a certain time.
But doesn’t assure them to keep bringing in money on the long run.
And on the other side: backer rewards.
If they add backer rewards so people actually give them money the server could potentially start with a pretty broken economy, depending on what they would offer.

On the other hand i think when the game goes F2P they’ll see somewhat more realistic numbers of players and their origins.
Though some may not even start on a US server for the ping.
But others might not want to do a server transfer from us to eu for various reasons.

I’d love to see a EU server. No doubt. But i think the best way is to get EU people playing [Edit: and quitting, saying the ping was bad] when it goes F2P to show IMC that there’s a good active userbase.

E:
But then they might start thinking:“oh well, they’re already playing here, so we don’t have to invest extra money for nothing” :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Please provide the numbers. Please show me the currents costs, budget and their long term plan.

I chose to trust the company when they clearly stated that they could not, instead of talking out of my ass and create fictional numbers in my head. Why even play the game and waste your precious time if you have so much doubt and visible hate towards the developers and the game ?

Just this. I’m going to buy ALL 3 packages even if im from EU, because i really want to support this game. I don’t care if i can’t play with 50 ms ping now because i think that if more people think like me, the game and IMC will improve A LOT, so in the future the game will be much better, with regional server, etc. So please, let’s try to support all this game, its awesome, many of us was waiting for it for years! And let’s admit it, IMC is doing a great job by listening to us and trying to make us all happy while they get money, of course :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Surely is more expensive that any hamburger you buy in McDonald’s.:smile:

2 Likes

I’m also from EU and got the EA1 thing even though I’m a little short on money currently, because I really love this game, can’t wait another month and there’s no alternative way to get it.
But you can’t expect all potential players to pay this and love it that much as it’s going to be a F2P game.
Many people may only play occasionally for very few hours a week and it’s just another game for them.
Others might totally go for F2P and never pay a cent, but those might bring or keep friends on the server that do pay, at least occasionally.
And this will only show when the game is already up and running.

I was a pretty determined Ragnarok Online player, with a guild on the EU server.
When one day i said I’m going to try out WoW and see how that is for a while.
Few of the guildmembers came with me to check it out.
But as most people who did this, we eventually came back to RO.:grin:
So community and friends of people, who won’t pay much are important in MMO games, as they can bring people who do pay more with them.

I’d see a lot of money coming from being allowed to sell and trade cash shop items ingame.
That’s how i got most of my cash-shop stuff in other games, rarely payed a cent on my own and whenever possible got it from other players for ingame currency.

So by never paying directly I may appear as one of the worst customers you can have.
But by getting lots of stuff from other people ingame it kinda makes me valuable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Basically, what I’m trying to say is, you will not be able to tell very well up front by how many people paying a fixed amount for access or not if something’s gonna stay profitable.

Wich i hope this game does at least for how long i played RO, wich is 12 or 13 years.

3 Likes

I hope a lot of EU players are supporting the game but we have to live with the fact, that a lot of players won’t touch the game until there’s a dedicated EU server which is standing physically in europe.

BTW be aware that you get banned in some mmos for using wtfast and similar programs. I can’t tell if they are going the same route but it is possible if they are using some kind of autodetection for bots and so on. An official statement would be nice before using those programs.

@Fuzzy a game like RO doesn’t live from the paying customers alone. F2P players who are buying cash shop items from those who pay are very important. Thanks for million of zenies! Sincerely a lazy RO player who jumped on the game again after years of not playing it at all. :wink:

2 Likes

IMC for sure understand how much players want EU server, but them think all this ppl will play any servers, even NA, so them will keep all money without opeining euro server… Bad marketing, many of my friends not buy game in Steam, couse no EU server… So anyway IMC managment is BLIND!

o think this tread is true but its kinda rush

if u think that EA need an EU server so it need a SA 26% server faster then EU.25%
It wont happen.
just give time to IMC and maybe still this year u get EU server or u can continue to rush thinks and get a promise of a publisher for next year

suport it or not,in both ways not an EU server for now

I vote for @Staff_Julie loadingscreen artwork for IToS ö,ö

5 Likes

Just wait for the start of F2P and get as many friends as possible in the game and on the forums. We can get an european server with the right numbers.

Let’s create as many european, spanish, french, german, russian and whatever guilds as possible and band up. Our voices will be heard. :wink:

It’s not like they are blind. They just don’t want to split the community right at the start without knowing how many players they will actually get.

1 Like

Lol they have even said multiple times and responded they are viewing the forums and listening to what people say so you are on the right track band the community together and make it strong remember this saying.

Where one string might snap under pressure multiple strings can be as strong as iron.

1 Like

They need more than theorycrafting to make an EU server. Just as Awwdorable says, lets all play, make our voices be heard and finally they will make an EU server for sure ^^

1 Like

Hell how about this has anyone herd of a thing called a partition there easy to set up and it shows how many people are interested without paying a penny this could be the data that IMC need to push a EU server.

There’s one problem with partitions: right now you will need to get the people on the forums, read it and sign it, but when the game is live we could post it on public chat and look where it is going. I would sign it without a second thought. It would be a first step in the right direction, but right now you get like 300 users voting because most players won’t use the forum at all.

then use other means like facebook or twitter even steam remember the internet is a big place and people hide in pockets on the internet I believe this would be the first step to get people outside the game interested into it a voice also could help IMC as it would attract others to joining the EA and think about all those that are planning to join during the free 2 play period at least then they can also add to the vote.