Tree of Savior Forum

Details on the Founder's Server and Regional Servers

125 ms. I can deal with that, european here~ Tho I’m lucky I’m from west europe >_<

Wonder what genre has to do with it. "[quote=“nuriomarayana, post:416, topic:154507”]
Any sane man would have doubts when hearing such a thing from a woman
[/quote]

Sounds pretty sexist to me º-º

1 Like

If people could stop with these insane, baseless accusations, I’d appreciate it. There was nothing sexist about what I said, just because it pertains to a person’s sex. (And even then, the point of my message wasn’t even about the sex or gender of a person.)

Sexist:
All women belong in the kitchen and should make sandwiches for men

Not sexist:
Most men are attracted to women

Now can we please drop this? This isn’t even the place for this

2 Likes

Hello!
I realy don’t get it.

EU + Russia is 23%, almost the same amount than Latin America (26%) WHO HAVE A DEDICATED SERVER FOR THEM, and we can’t have one?

23% and a lot of europeans (and probably russians too) didn’t allready bough the game because they are WAITING for this EU server!

ps: And yes, I put my Russians friends in the same bag than EU, because they play on EU servers too, ask steam about dota2 community. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Latin amercia will have a dedicated server because there is a partner called LUG. EU has some partner to distribute the game? No.

As a russian, i totally agree with you sir :slight_smile:
And i can say that at least me and one of communities(5000+) known by me are really worrying about EU server establishing)

2 Likes

Julie, can i ask you a question?? Is there the possibility that IMC could open regional servers before 29 April? i mean, if EU gives you much support, and you see we are enough people, or its impossible and had to wait after 29 april??

Fanservice is highly acceptable required :wink:

1 Like

Offering transfor for players… 26% is latin america and not gonna receive this, really sad.

1 Like

Transfers will only work in steam servers.
Maybe regional transfers will never come. As a brazilian player I feel cheated cause staff said that will not be done.
Level up rise up your prices to the sky in any game in their hands. Look at pwi x pwbr. Prices in pwbr are 5 up to 10 times more expensive in cash shop.

Was said 100 TP are $9,00. Level up will rise this price at 4x more.
Steam prices are really good for us. See FP 3 are $10(BRL$19,90) on Level up this price will be BRL$60,00 for sure.

1 Like

I am not an expert, so I wanna know how good the servers will be for British players.

Mudfish is capable of decreasing it from 200ish to 120ish.
It’s the same range as WTFast.

I don’t know about pingzapper ^^.

But it’s easy to test out mudfish with an dollars worth of datavolumen.
If it doesn’t help. Jump to pingzapper.

WTFast has gone a really really weird direction.
No free version anymore.
In dezember they mad emoney via ads… now you need to pay upfront.

And they’re buisness type is a bit shady…

I’d rather play on US then have dedicated server from mail.ru.

Latin have local publisher server.

But yeah, It would be great to have EU server.

All thumbs up, it can’t be worse if it will be published by mail.ru. Better pay for WTFast or other special VPN, than let them spoil this project >_<

Hi @STAFF_Ethan , really thx in advance for read my reply.

I want to ask you something important.
In this post: https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=297 you write about:
“We will be offering 1-time Team transfers to those who purchased Founder’s Server: Exclusive Access.
Only 1 Team transfer per Steam account will be allowed regardless of the number of products purchased.”

So I don’t know if this 1-time team transfer if you buy a founder’s pack is the same transfer you are talking in the current post for regional servers.

In case this is the same transfer it’s means we need have a founder’s packs if we want to transfer our team to a regional server in a future?

In case is a different transfer it means we can transfer our team with the founder’s pack transfer when another server different of the “founder’s servers” will opens, and we still can transfer our team one time more when our regional servers will open?

And two more question, those transfer have an expiration date? per example if the regional server we want to be transferred opens in 1 or 2 years more, we still can use the transfer?

And the last question, How we can transfer our team to a other server? we will need send you a support ticket, or we will can do it using a in game option.

I really appreciate your time, and sorry for my bad English.

Nope, they’re not the same transfers, so…

No, to this. If regional servers open up, you should also get a free transfer to those, whether you paid for a Founder’s Pack or not

Me think its impossible for IMC… And even if 50% of customer will ask for EU server them will have 1001 reason not do so :frowning: If 25% from europe region not reason for them - so problem is MONEY :frowning:

1 Like

Actually, you are right, but you have a narrow vision, not to mention purely subjective, of the situation and not looking at the other side of the medal which goes like this. No players (all is relative, it’s not 0%, even close to 30% according to the stats) willing to play or invest for a new server -> no money coming -> no incentive or funds for a new server.

You can put it a different way, but it comes down to the fact that they aren’t rolling on money and if they don’t have a solid commitment and funding they won’t go through with it. Plus the way it’s looking now a lot of people are already turning their back and abandoning the game instead of coming together, so the developers have less reason to go through with getting a new server as it is. Is it fair ? No, but it’s only logical. Someone has to gamble on the matter and IMC probably can’t afford to take that gamble.

I find the kickstarter idea amazing. Even if I’m situated in East of North America and have the founder pack, I would be willing to invest a few bucks for a EU server for the other members, even if it kept the server running for a few months !

4 Likes

Actually it doesn’t.
Game development has been gambling with a huge risk for most of it’s time.
You develop a game for thousands if not millions of dollars, and hope that people will buy it.
Everything else is kickstarter neo-gamedevelopment, where you grab the money before you deliver a product, wich is in my eyes kind of shady and only very rarely deserves the support it gets, since it often fails to deliver what was promised or the quality people hope for, and this creates a bad light on the developer.
When people can actually see what they pay for as they have the product right in front of them, this problem does not happen (as much / serve).
That’s how most of the economy works.
When you go shopping you probably mostly buy finished products, and probably rarely pay before you can be pretty sure your product is working as intended.

Paying up front shifts the risk from the deliverer to the customer.
Nice for the person who wants to sell something but not nice for the customer, wich plays the important role in moving the actual money.

3 Likes

I strongly disagree. I don’t know if you have been on Steam recently, which is the main plateforme for the PC gaming industry, but 70% of Steam is submerged in early access games that have never entered the full release phase. Most of these game cost from 20-50$ and are often on the Top Sellers page of steam for days on end (H1Z1, The Culling, Ark, Don’t Starve, Rust, Helldivers, The Forest, Age of decadence, Space Engineers, Faeria and on & on & on). So you are right, that’s how economy works, but the gaming industry has been shifting for quite some time now and the current format doesn’t apply as much to the PC gaming industry anymore. All this not to mention that ToS is really still in BETA + EARLY ACCESS, so other servers could be added for a full release, therefore you are paying and taking a risk for the game in it’s current state, no matter how you look at it.